Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:12:53 PM
714217 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 824878 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #720 on: May 29, 2010, 07:46:37 PM »

I've been playing through Super Mario Galaxy 2 recently.  It's pretty fun, but damn, some of those levels and comet challenges make me want to smash my controller or pull my hair out.

I am also playing Red Steel as well.  I don't believe it is has a bad as a lot of people make it out to be.  I find it pretty enjoyable and a good challenge for my first person shooter skills on the Wii.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #721 on: June 03, 2010, 09:27:26 AM »

I've been playing through mass effect 2 for a while now. Its definitely a fun game but I really wish they had kept some of the first games features, but this game definitely does combat better, even though they took the infinite ammo away(a feature i wish they would have kept!).
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #722 on: June 04, 2010, 04:42:27 AM »

The arcade game Phoenix from 1980.

Small | Large

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #723 on: June 24, 2010, 07:13:27 AM »

Finished Killzone 2 the other night.  I'm not so much into shooters, but it was good enough I suppose.  I like games where you've got various missions to complete, but the missions here were "kill the 100 guys in front of you, get to the other end of the level, and turn a knob".  The shooting was fun enough and your bullets had a satisfying effect on the enemy soldiers.  Some of the levels were pretty cool, but it was all run!  Shoot!  Run some more!  Shoot some more!  So you never really got a chance to admire the scenery.  The ending was frustrating as hell and a real chore to complete.  A bunch of guys come after you, you get killed dozens of times before you finally make it through that portion, then repeat that three more times.  My favorite part was where you got an exoskeleton, sort of like the loader in Aliens except with machine guns and a rocket launcher.  I could have played that part for two hours, but unfortunately it only lasted 10 minutes.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Jim H

« Reply #724 on: June 24, 2010, 01:49:24 PM »

I'm currently playing SMG2 and Baten Kaitos for the GameCube.  Kaitos is pretty good, actually.  I'd been somewhat interested in it when it was new, but I am somewhat picky when it comes to J-RPGs so I rarely am willing to pay much for them.  Kaitos cost me about $4. 
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #725 on: June 28, 2010, 06:44:02 AM »

I just started on Final Fantasy XIII.  The graphics and art style are simply spectacular - it pretty much puts every other game I've ever played to shame.  Unfortunately the combat is mindlessly repetitive and offers no challenge whatsoever.  But I'm only about three hours into the game, which is barely even getting started.  I think I remember someone saying that the combat actually gets very good later on.  Or at least I HOPE I remember someone saying that.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #726 on: June 28, 2010, 07:04:26 AM »

Ship Simulator 2008, yes, i'm that low.  TeddyR
NFS Carbon and Undercover.

yeah no.
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #727 on: June 28, 2010, 08:13:35 AM »

Dante's Inferno  Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup

As a fan of the original poem, this game was a treat to play. Despite the minor changes, it was still fun to hack and slash demons.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 07:37:37 AM by diamondwaspvenom » Logged
spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #728 on: June 28, 2010, 09:04:01 PM »

Tekken 5 and Guilty Gear: Isuka for the PS2.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #729 on: June 29, 2010, 10:49:26 AM »

Dante's Inferno  Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup

As a fan of the original poem, this game was a teat to play. Despite the minor changes, it was still fun to hack and slash demons.

I think hacking and slashing demons would count as a major change from the poem!  BounceGiggle

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jim H

« Reply #730 on: June 29, 2010, 03:29:19 PM »

Dante's Inferno  Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup

As a fan of the original poem, this game was a teat to play. Despite the minor changes, it was still fun to hack and slash demons.

I think hacking and slashing demons would count as a major change from the poem!  BounceGiggle

It has nothing to do with the poem except for hell having layers and demons.  ;-P

A friend gave me a new Nintendo 64 game.  It's the first new N64 game I've got in like a decade.  F-Zero X.  Pretty good game actually - and it's the first F-Zero game I've ever owned for some reason.  I might try playing it multiplayer.  My favorite addition the N64 F-Zero adds is you can kill the other racers - and they STAY DEAD.  I think it was possible to do this in the SNES one, but it was unbelievably difficult.  Most amusing thing in multiplayer, if you are losing badly in the race, you could always try racing backwards and attempting to kill the other players to get a better position.

Since I had my N64 out, I also played some Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and The World Is Not Enough.  Still fun, don't think I'll ever get tired of them.
Couchtr26

« Reply #731 on: June 30, 2010, 03:05:40 AM »

Lost Planet - Despite having purchased it multiple times have never gotten around to completing it. 

Red Dead Redemption - Yeah, it is really that good. 

Bio Shock 2 - I liked the first but am not a big fan of this one.  It seems kind of plodding and the same thing over in a way.  However, have been playing it off and on now and am trying to get through it as my brother beat me to the punch.  (He shall not have finished a game, I have not finished.)

Also, thinking of getting some nostalgia gaming but not sure if I should I get one of those multicart (NES/SNES) systems or buy original?  I know where to get the original but having a hard time deciding.  It comes down to whether I want the original to have the original or just want to break down to play it.   Question

Ah, the good old days.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #732 on: June 30, 2010, 10:32:37 AM »

The Conduit: I finally got my Internet connection hooked up, so I can play online now.  I fianlly got to try this game out and it is very good online.  Very smooth and stuff.  Sadly, I think people are exploiting glitches and cheats in the online stuff since I shot a guy in face with a shotgun and he didn't did die like the others did.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Vik
« Reply #733 on: July 05, 2010, 06:18:26 AM »

Playing Castlevania X: Dracula Chronicles on my PSP, really cool modern sidescroller. It's a pretty hard game though, but I like the challenge. I'm at Stage 5 so far.
 Drink
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #734 on: July 05, 2010, 06:25:43 AM »

I just started on Final Fantasy XIII.  The graphics and art style are simply spectacular - it pretty much puts every other game I've ever played to shame.  Unfortunately the combat is mindlessly repetitive and offers no challenge whatsoever.  But I'm only about three hours into the game, which is barely even getting started.  I think I remember someone saying that the combat actually gets very good later on.  Or at least I HOPE I remember someone saying that.

Hardest end boss of all FF games by far !!!!
I spent months looking for a Dragon Fang to get the last gunblade and then you have to use lots of limit breaks against Ultimecia.

Anyway, most FF games take a few hours to get really started.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.