Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:30:37 AM
713337 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 821460 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #735 on: July 05, 2010, 09:29:26 AM »

Harry Potter and the Prisioner of Azkabam for the Gameboy Advance.  This is bascially same as the book and movie, but it goes beyond and adds more onto it.  Very good graphics and it is very fun to play.  It's even a very good RPG as well!  I think it was one of the best movie to video game adaptions I've seen.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #736 on: July 11, 2010, 04:02:46 AM »

I've been pretty heavy into BioShock 2's multiplayer lately.
Capture the Sister is one of the best game modes I've ever played.  Thumbup

Check it out:
Small | Large

wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #737 on: July 11, 2010, 04:50:31 AM »

Right now it has been Torchlight. Its a Diablo clone but seeing as how its creators made Diablo 1 and 2 I guess its it spiritual successor. The game is pretty good despite being a indy game and keeps a lot of the flavor of diablo. Action is fast paced and the 3d environments are well designed and look great. The enemies look great and are hugely varied with dozens of different monsters.
The skill system needs work with only a hand full of skills being truly useful and the rest all fluff. Quests are also rather bland with the main ones being killing a specific monster, searching for different kinds of EMBER (a magical type of stone that comes in different varieties) and searching foe items in special lost dungeon levels. There is a main quest but its story progresses slowly and you don't gain much info on whats happening through out the game.
The three character classes are pretty cool with a warrior class, mage class and range class a better skill system would have fleshed the characters out more, but they still are fun and playable.
Overall its a good game for the price you pay i provided me hours of mindless dungeon crawling and monster killing so if your a fan of diablo check it out.

Smells like popcorn and shame
ChaosTheory

« Reply #738 on: July 11, 2010, 06:07:51 PM »

Replaying Star Wars Force Unleashed, in order to get myself even more pumped for the second one.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #739 on: July 12, 2010, 09:20:22 PM »

Most recently:

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #740 on: July 12, 2010, 09:22:39 PM »

Bought Dragon Quest IX yesturday and I've already put more than 15 hours into it and I'm still grinding my way through.  I hear that I may end up putting over 100 hours into it and you know what?  It'll be so worth it because it is so awesome!

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Jim H

« Reply #741 on: July 13, 2010, 05:01:48 AM »

Today I bought Sonic Spinball, Streets of Rage, and one other Genesis game.  All boxed with manuals.

The third game was Michael Jackson's Moonwalker.  Yep.  $12, which is a good price.  It's a pretty decent game actually.  Decent gameplay, great soundtrack (as you'd expect, and the Genesis music actually fits well with Jackson's music) and amusing little bits.  Like, you can moonwalk.  It doesn't help, but it's neat.  And you can force everyone to dance with you, which kills them.  Good stuff.  Only annoying thing is having to open every friggin door you find.  The "find every child" mechanic is a little dull, and the game's biggest flaw.

Worth a play though.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #742 on: July 13, 2010, 06:34:32 AM »

Most recently:

I'm totally jealous!   TeddyR  I remember playing that in the arcades way back in about 1983 - fun game!  I'm hoping they will include the original when they come out with that new version of it. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #743 on: July 13, 2010, 02:34:05 PM »

Most recently:

I'm totally jealous!   TeddyR  I remember playing that in the arcades way back in about 1983 - fun game!  I'm hoping they will include the original when they come out with that new version of it. 

I don't have that actual cabinet, I have the game emulated.  But yeah, it was a blast back in the day.  I used to dream I owned my own light cycle..

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #744 on: August 14, 2010, 04:49:56 PM »

I've been playing Red Dead Redemption.  It's a pretty good game.  I'm not exactly blown away by it like all the reviewers seem to have been, but then again these open world games seem like they take a couple weeks to really get into, so maybe it will become more addictive as I go.  The atmosphere is nice - riding your horse at dawn as the sunbeams streak through the clouds, with the classic Western terrain and a little spaghetti Western music playing in the background - or walking through the town right after sundown, with all the buildings lit up with their lanterns, and some piano music coming from the saloon.  I'm not too crazy about the aiming system, but it's one of those things where it takes a long time time to really get used to it, and once I do I'll probably think it's great.  It has some really good characters in it with very good voice acting.  And there's certainly plenty to do.  I think it's got a nice mix of main missions with plenty of side quests you can do if you feel like it.  Overall I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #745 on: August 15, 2010, 05:07:22 PM »

I am revisiting Grandia for the psone (bought it on ps network), it is a great rpg, also I am playing Darkstalker: Chaos Tower for psp and Blazblue: Calamity Trigger for PS3 along with Super Street Fighter 4, which is great!

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #746 on: August 15, 2010, 09:20:09 PM »

A few weeks ago the local Gamestop had some deals for 10% off of games already marked down to half off (you needed your card for the extra 10%) and I picked up Army Of Two for around 6 bucks,  Darksiders: The Wrath Of War for around 15 bucks, and Ace Combat 6:The Fires of Liberation for around $19.95 (wasn't on sale.)  Great games all of them!

Prior to that I was working on Borderlands and put it aside for now, to play some of the stuff I mentioned above.  I also can't wait for Mafia 2. I think a lot of us here at the Forums are too.  Smile

I also beat Call Of Duty Modern Wafare 2 single player mode.  I can't wait for C.O.D. Black Ops or Medal Of Honor about the Tier 1 ops in Afghanistan.  Great stff coming up, kiddies!  Thumbup

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #747 on: August 24, 2010, 04:22:28 PM »

http://www.planetrobotunicornattack.com/2010/07/16/robot-unicorn-attack/

yeah no.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #748 on: August 24, 2010, 06:35:29 PM »

Dante's Inferno
Yes, it's a God of War ripp-off, but it's a good ripp-off and has some really cool creature designs in it.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #749 on: August 25, 2010, 04:46:07 PM »

just got this in from an old arcade for $100.

yeah no.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.