Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:34:25 PM
713362 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 821504 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #825 on: January 04, 2011, 07:56:23 AM »

I've been borrowing cars back and forth with my friend in Gran Turismo 5.  I just figured out that before I borrow him a car, I can backup my game save, and then restore it after I've sent him the car.  So I've still got the car, even though I've given it away!  Isn't that clever of me  TeddyR  Everybody else who plays this game has been doing that for a couple of weeks now lol.

I dunno, I'm almost done with this game actually.  I'm itching to play the Dead Space 2 and Mass Effect 2 demo's I downloaded a few days ago.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Couchtr26
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #826 on: January 05, 2011, 09:58:39 PM »

I got a copy of the new Medal Of Honor game from Gamefly today. I started playing a few hours ago. Not too shabby! 

Medal of Honor has mostly played very well.  They tended to stick to more realistic small goal themes rather then this will end the war.  However, the one thing I dislike is in the multi-player lacking a medic class.  That little omission from the Bad Company 2 formula that the developer produced is rather unsatisfying.  It would have been an enjoyable inclusion.  Though, it would have definitely taken down on realism. 

Ah, the good old days.
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #827 on: January 07, 2011, 02:20:33 PM »

I got Sonic CD for my birthday. It's unlike any Sonic game I've ever played.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #828 on: January 07, 2011, 02:44:56 PM »

I got a copy of the new Medal Of Honor game from Gamefly today. I started playing a few hours ago. Not too shabby! 

Medal of Honor has mostly played very well.  They tended to stick to more realistic small goal themes rather then this will end the war.  However, the one thing I dislike is in the multi-player lacking a medic class.  That little omission from the Bad Company 2 formula that the developer produced is rather unsatisfying.  It would have been an enjoyable inclusion.  Though, it would have definitely taken down on realism. 

I think you pretty much touched on what made it such a great experience for me so far. 

I guess I've been playing too much to realize that yes, indeed, the smaller goals are paramount to the game and that there's no long term goal.  The soldiers are either given orders, or thrown into situations beyond their control, and the immediate goal is to survive and finish the mission and determine their next move.

What, no medic?!? What are the developers thinking these days?

Medics have had perhaps THE most important battlefield job for centuries. It's because of them that wounded people either live or die.  EA needs to real-up on this...

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #829 on: January 07, 2011, 06:47:27 PM »

I think you pretty much touched on what made it such a great experience for me so far. 

I guess I've been playing too much to realize that yes, indeed, the smaller goals are paramount to the game and that there's no long term goal.  The soldiers are either given orders, or thrown into situations beyond their control, and the immediate goal is to survive and finish the mission and determine their next move.

Medics have had perhaps THE most important battlefield job for centuries. It's because of them that wounded people either live or die.  EA needs to real-up on this...

Yes, battlefield medics are and have always been important in time of war, but they don't have the ability to magic you back to health like they do in video games. If we wanted absolute realism in historic video games, getting wounded in battle would have a variety of consequences depending on what got injured and how badly; it could range from having lower HP for a while, to restricting one or more of your abilities, to missing several days or even weeks of the action while healing up in a tent. Actually...those could present interesting scenarios, although that last one could result in a game-over if you missed a vital mission.
Jim H

« Reply #830 on: January 07, 2011, 07:12:46 PM »

Yeah, I've never seen a game really try to do injuries realistically.  I have played in airsoft games that attempted this.  It was kind of interesting - wherever you got hit, that part didn't work anymore.  Obviously, torso or head shots were kills.  But if you got hit in a limb, or your gun got hit, you just couldn't use it anymore (though you were allowed to drag a leg if you got hit there, rather than having to hop or something - unrealistic, as in real life a rifle hit to the upper leg will kill you pretty damn quick if you don't get the bleeding stopped, and you're definitely disabled).  I got a kill once when I had nothing but one arm and had to just lay down and wait.

As far as games... I'm playing Isles of Aedin.  It's a text based role-play required MUD.

http://www.islesofaedin.com/

It's fun, but much like the game it takes heavy inspiration from (Dragon's Gate) leveling up your skills takes too long for my taste.  But it could use more players if anyone here enjoys MUDs.  Keep in mind it's not just a hack-n-slash - they really do expect role playing there. 

I'm also playing Red Steel 2.  So yeah, I Have Wii Motion Plus now.  It's OK.  Personally, they put the emphasis on the sword too much.  It's very much a sword swinging first person game with some shooting added in.  And to be honest, that gets tiresome for me.  Especially since you have to hold the wiimote facing up for the whole swing in order for it register right - I thought the point of Wii Motion Plus was to fix that sort of thing?  But if you do an actual katana style diagonal slash, it often doesn't register.  And the last boss I played was very annoying and not fun at all.  On the plus side, aiming the guns feels GREAT.  Really great job on cursor motion and smoothing. 

Basically, I wish they'd kept it the way the first game was (modern day shooter with some swordplay) only really improved it and let you use the sword anytime, anywhere.  Also, I thought I'd like the setting as I usually like the Eastern-Western thing, but it's kind of so-so in implementation. 

So, worth a play I guess.  Helped that I got it for about $30, including new hardware.  The engine is great though - decent looking models and runs at a rock solid 60 FPS.
Couchtr26

« Reply #831 on: January 07, 2011, 07:43:51 PM »

Yes, battlefield medics are and have always been important in time of war, but they don't have the ability to magic you back to health like they do in video games. If we wanted absolute realism in historic video games, getting wounded in battle would have a variety of consequences depending on what got injured and how badly; it could range from having lower HP for a while, to restricting one or more of your abilities, to missing several days or even weeks of the action while healing up in a tent. Actually...those could present interesting scenarios, although that last one could result in a game-over if you missed a vital mission.

Yes, very true the battlefield medic is the unsung hero in some ways.  However, the defib and you're back from having taken a RPG is where I mean it takes down on the realism.  Meeting a T-90 head on is another good example of this point.  However, Gravekeeper you bring up some interesting points that would be interesting to see explored. 

Ah, the good old days.
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #832 on: January 07, 2011, 08:22:47 PM »

Yes, very true the battlefield medic is the unsung hero in some ways.  However, the defib and you're back from having taken a RPG is where I mean it takes down on the realism.  Meeting a T-90 head on is another good example of this point.  However, Gravekeeper you bring up some interesting points that would be interesting to see explored. 

I agree, really good point. Besides, only Chuck Norris has ever faced a T-90 tank and lived to tell about it.   Wink

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #833 on: January 07, 2011, 09:15:11 PM »

I'm gonna' go real old school here....my hard drive is filled with a lot of oldies, and one I'm thinking of starting up again is the PC game Thief:The Dark Project.

It's a first person "sneaker" as you play a medieval thief named Garrett. You sneak your way into castles and houses and old ruins as you steal treasure for various fences, and the story eventually turns supernatural.  It was followed by Thief 2: The Metal Age and Thief: Deadly Shadows all of which now currently grace my hard drive.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #834 on: January 07, 2011, 09:26:37 PM »

Still playing Resident Evil 4, almost done with it.  About 13 deaths, which is better than my last game.  Also, I'm running low on ammo.  Damn those Regenators and Iron Madiens.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #835 on: January 08, 2011, 01:27:30 PM »

I am not the one playing, but it's all I have been hearing for weeks:  my kids are playing Minecraft and Portal non-stop.  Daily marathons.  Whee.  Thank goodness everybody is back in school as of Monday.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #836 on: January 08, 2011, 09:15:18 PM »

I am not the one playing, but it's all I have been hearing for weeks:  my kids are playing Minecraft and Portal non-stop.  Daily marathons.  Whee.  Thank goodness everybody is back in school as of Monday.

Well it's Minecraft!  Of course they are having marathons.  That game is addicting and the thing is, the completed verison of it isn't finished yet.  Just amazing!

Small | Large

Anyways, I have FINALLY finished Resident Evil 4!  It took 2 years, but the end finally came when I blew up the main bad guy with a rocket launcher.  Final death count is 17.  Good times... now to play the Seperate Ways campaign!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 09:24:28 PM by InformationGeek » Logged

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #837 on: January 09, 2011, 11:23:58 PM »

Still playing GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption...think I could play them forever although I tend to want to play goody two shoes in them both....

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Used Meathook
Templar Knight in Training
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #838 on: January 10, 2011, 02:23:57 AM »

Call of Duty: Black Ops
Blazblue: Continuum Shift
Fallout: New Vegas

Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #839 on: January 10, 2011, 06:12:53 AM »

Not me but my partner.  He's playing Fear 2 on Xbox 360 even as type this.

He's had a pretty bad day today so I actually feel sorry for those zombies in the game right now.  He's gonna turn those buggers into soup   BounceGiggle

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.