Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:52:20 PM
713382 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 821539 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #840 on: January 10, 2011, 03:14:05 PM »

Resident Evil 4: Beaten Seperate Ways and now I'm going for another run through on the game.  As such, I'll be saving up for the Chicago Typewriter, an unlimited ammo tommy gun!  Feel my wrath parastic heads!

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #841 on: January 11, 2011, 12:46:09 PM »

An oldie but a goodie.

Hang on, I'm getting somethuing on the motion tracker...

12 metres...

8 metres...

4 metres...

Bluesad

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #842 on: January 11, 2011, 01:34:41 PM »

(OK that's freaky: that's the second post in two days mentioning a game my youngest son has been looking for!)

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #843 on: January 11, 2011, 02:40:12 PM »

Here's what I'm driving in Gran Turismo 5 these days:

I've only had it up to 295 mph, but I'm trying for 300   TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
theedinburghbteam
Dedicated Viewer

Bringing the trash home!

« Reply #844 on: January 13, 2011, 05:39:15 PM »

I got my xbox working again, and am playing through Fallout: New Vegas.

Which is freaking awesome. Wandering into raider camps with some badass weapons and just shooting everyone is always fun. And I love a scavenge.

The Edinburgh B-Team! B-Movie double bill, every Monday at the Jekyll & Hyde Pub, Hanover Street, Edinburgh, Scotland! 7pm onwards! Free entry and free popcorn!
Couchtr26

« Reply #845 on: January 13, 2011, 08:17:03 PM »

I got my xbox working again, and am playing through Fallout: New Vegas.

Which is freaking awesome. Wandering into raider camps with some badass weapons and just shooting everyone is always fun. And I love a scavenge.

I have to agree.  Between playing some old NES (Astyanax and Megaman 2) as well as Genesis (Death Duel and The Immortal) been playing Bayonetta.  For some reason, I keep hoping that I can get all the remaining achievements on going through it again.  Which is sadly proving to be untrue. 

Ah, the good old days.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #846 on: January 14, 2011, 02:10:25 AM »

It only took three years, but I finally polished off Eternal Sonata. Beautiful game, hampered by a bit of broken mechanics. The combat system could be really good, and they certainly made an effort to make it so. Unfortunately, they forgot to supply enemies that couldn't be killed by the same tactic (spring from behind, attack, polish off with special move) before they even have a chance to attack. The game could have been measurably better by supplying fewer enemies who were harder to kill.

Still, beautiful game. Longest damn ending I've ever sat through. Literally, I demolished the last boss (not difficult either) and then watched the ending unfold for 45 minutes.

I also played through Assassin's Creed II, which also could have been great if they didn't through in a ridiculous amount of tchotchke collecting. I don't enjoy searching for and collecting gewgaws, but I'm forced to do it because I'm obsessive. Great game, though, and the only other 360 game outside of the original Bioshock where I actually got all the achievements.

Next up on the docket is Bioshock 2 and Dead Space.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Used Meathook
Templar Knight in Training
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #847 on: January 16, 2011, 01:53:32 PM »

Looking forward to Dead Space 2, although I never got around to playing the first one.

I have a huge backlog of games that need finishing...or starting for that matter:

- Assassin's Creed 2 (Haven't even started playing it yet)
- Borderlands (About 4 hours into it)
- Fallout: New Vegas (About 6 hours into it)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops (Haven't even tried the single player portion yet)
- Splinter Cell: Conviction (Haven't even started playing it yet)
- Lost Odyssey (Haven't even started playing it yet)

TongueOut
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #848 on: January 18, 2011, 01:08:11 PM »

Right now I'm engaging in some good old backward-compatible goodness on the Xbox-360.   I'm playing the first Fatal Frame and a wild-western vampire shooter called Darkwatch. 

Darkwatch is great: "Death fears those who wear the badge"....

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #849 on: January 18, 2011, 01:50:36 PM »

Been playing Enslaved Odyssey to the West for the last couple of evenings.  It's pretty fun.  The characters are quite good.  The combat so far is basic button mashing, but I'm in the mood for a good button masher.  There's a lot of platforming, and a big part of the challenge is figuring out which climbing path you need to take to get where you need to go.  And you can have the other character distract the enemy while you scurry from one safe spot to the next, which puts some strategy in the mix.

I didn't realize Dead Space 2 was coming out in just 1 week.  I've got it pre-ordered, so I better blast through Enslaved ASAP  TeddyR

I'm pretty much done with Gran Turismo 5.  They've got a new series of 5 races they add each week, so I'll probably check in for those, but other than that I've done just about everything I want to do, and done it many many times.  Well, I might drive around the Nurburgring once or twice a day lol.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Couchtr26

« Reply #850 on: January 21, 2011, 04:03:26 AM »

Right now I'm engaging in some good old backward-compatible goodness on the Xbox-360.   I'm playing the first Fatal Frame and a wild-western vampire shooter called Darkwatch. 

I remember Darkwatch.  I didn't like it for the beginning.  I'm not a fan of the opening levels and gave up early on it.  I have seen some more advanced into the game play and it looks like it gets better.  Isn't this the one that also had some controversy at the time?   

Ah, the good old days.
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #851 on: January 21, 2011, 07:49:01 PM »

I remember Darkwatch.  I didn't like it for the beginning.  I'm not a fan of the opening levels and gave up early on it.  I have seen some more advanced into the game play and it looks like it gets better.  Isn't this the one that also had some controversy at the time?   

I'm not exactly sure of what controversy that might be, unless it's the cut scene where our hero, Jerciho Cross, is visited in the nude by the spirit of a dead Darkwatch agent that informs him that he can't drink water because it'll kill him. 

You see everything on this girl too, nipples included.  Maybe that might be it? 

Anyhow I'm inclined to agree..the game is nothing spectacular, but the storyline and the extra powers you get as a vampire (both good and evil powers) are pretty cool. Some neat weapons too.   And you get "bloodvision" which allows you to see the undead too, which was a nice little touch!

Not a bad game, but for 5 bucks (and 2 free original XBox games thrown in) I decided to join the Darkwatch  Wink

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #852 on: January 21, 2011, 10:15:14 PM »

Rygar-NES

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Couchtr26

« Reply #853 on: January 21, 2011, 10:54:00 PM »

I'm not exactly sure of what controversy that might be, unless it's the cut scene where our hero, Jerciho Cross, is visited in the nude by the spirit of a dead Darkwatch agent that informs him that he can't drink water because it'll kill him. 

You see everything on this girl too, nipples included.  Maybe that might be it? 

Anyhow I'm inclined to agree..the game is nothing spectacular, but the storyline and the extra powers you get as a vampire (both good and evil powers) are pretty cool. Some neat weapons too.   And you get "bloodvision" which allows you to see the undead too, which was a nice little touch!

Not a bad game, but for 5 bucks (and 2 free original XBox games thrown in) I decided to join the Darkwatch  Wink

Yeah the nude agent was the thing that aroused a little ire.  I think it was not top priority but it was billed big at the time.  I think although inaccurately they billed as the first sex scene in a major video game.  Which, I think was over the top but it did get a few fuming people.  I remember one for the Genesis called Deathwatch.  A little violent but people hated it at the time though tame now in comparison of things. 

Ah, the good old days.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #854 on: January 22, 2011, 02:05:19 AM »

Rygar-NES

I remember this game being around when I was a kid. Incomprehensible until I actually spent some time with it, when it then became one of the best games I'd played.

Reminds me of Metal Gear. The game was a big un-understandable joke. Then I actually made it past it past the first hour and it was the deepest game I'd ever played. Deep for the NES era that is.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.