Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:56:44 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 821642 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #870 on: February 06, 2011, 10:48:24 PM »

Just got BioShock and damn is that a freaky game.  Just listening to one of those audio logs is freaky enough.

Small | Large

I also bag me my first Big Daddy, aka Mr. Bubbles, today and man was he tough.  Had to almost go through all of my armor piercing bullets to take it down.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Couchtr26

« Reply #871 on: February 07, 2011, 10:53:41 AM »

Just got BioShock and damn is that a freaky game.  Just listening to one of those audio logs is freaky enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF0O-aXbae8

I also bag me my first Big Daddy, aka Mr. Bubbles, today and man was he tough.  Had to almost go through all of my armor piercing bullets to take it down.

Treat the big daddies like bulls.  Jump to the side as they charge and then hit them in the back, rinse and repeat.  That will help you early on, they will also get easier as your weapons become more powerful.  Also, you may want to conserve ammo by meleeing weaker enemies.  It is fairly easy to go just using firearms, however, conserving money for better purchases then ammo is advised. 

Ah, the good old days.
venomx
« Reply #872 on: February 08, 2011, 08:53:58 PM »

Currently playing New Super Mario Bros Wii.
It's a fun game and it's challenging to achieve the secret levels.

I'll tell you what I WILL be playing soon though...

Battlefield 3! Oh yeah... it's real and every other fan site showing the leaked photos.
It looks AMAZING! I can't wait to play it, eta, fall 2011.

Thank you Dice.
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #873 on: February 08, 2011, 09:57:51 PM »

Not only are the audio logs freaky, but just seeing and listening to the Big Daddy's as they lumber through the halls too...those thundering footsteps, those weird whale-like biological noises they make, and their intimidating size!  They're scary all around!

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
InformationGeek
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #874 on: February 08, 2011, 10:15:58 PM »

Not only are the audio logs freaky, but just seeing and listening to the Big Daddy's as they lumber through the halls too...those thundering footsteps, those weird whale-like biological noises they make, and their intimidating size!  They're scary all around!

The Big Daddy's never really bother me since they are the only enemy that doesn't go out of their way to hurt you unless you bother them.  Those damn splicers and their crazy ranting on the other hand...

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Used Meathook
Templar Knight in Training
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #875 on: February 10, 2011, 11:27:15 PM »

Played some Marvel vs Capcom 2 today in anticipation of the sequel (comes out this Tuesday).  hot
venomx
« Reply #876 on: February 10, 2011, 11:43:52 PM »

I know I cant wait!

Albert Wesker is in Marvel vs Capcom 3! Thats who I'm fighting with.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #877 on: February 11, 2011, 07:28:14 AM »

I finished a couple playthroughs of Dead Space 2 - one on normal difficulty and another on casual to get a bunch of trophies, max out my rig and weapons, and build up a huge inventory of stuff in the safe in the store.  All in preparation for my palythrough on Zealot difficulty, which I'm doing now.  It's really a walk in the park when you're well prepared for it.  At least so far   TeddyR  Don't know about hardcore difficulty though - you have to start a new game, so your armor and weapons are at their lowest level, and you only get 3 saves.  So you could play for a couple hours, get killed, and have to start way back at the beginning again.  Pretty damn stupid if you ask me.  Can you say repetitive and frustrating?

I haven't started on Dead Space Extraction yet, which comes with Dead Space 2.  It's a Wii game ported over in hi-def.  Supposed to be pretty good.  Looking forward to it though.  I haven't tried the online either - the one time I tried to log in it couldn't find any matches for me.   I was in the beta test and it was pretty fun, so I'd like to give that a try too.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Used Meathook
Templar Knight in Training
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #878 on: February 11, 2011, 12:15:48 PM »

I know I cant wait!

Albert Wesker is in Marvel vs Capcom 3! Thats who I'm fighting with.

I think my team is gonna be Shuma-Gorath, Dormammu, and either Sentinel or MODOK.
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #879 on: February 13, 2011, 01:00:34 PM »

Right now, my latest send from Gamefly sees me playing Singularity, which has some eerie resemblance to Bioshock in that you have a cataclysm that takes place after WW2, as well as having to upgrade your abilities and weapons, as well as having to make sure your ammo and supplies get you from point A to point B.

Other than those similarities (aside from the Unreal Engine which I think both games share) Singularity is very original with regard to the Cold War and how it turned out after the Soviets discover a rare element on Katorga, one of the Kuril islands. I won't ruin the rest for any of you, but it's not a bad game.  Smile

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #880 on: February 13, 2011, 03:00:44 PM »

And making a YouTube vid for:

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #881 on: February 14, 2011, 07:29:50 AM »

Finished Dead Space 2 on zealot difficulty.  Pretty darned challenging towards the end!  Think I'm done now.  Though I'm only two trophies away from a platinum, the hardcore mode sounds like a complete pain in the bottom.  Only three saves in the entire game, so if one time you aim at something and happen to miss, over a period of four hours or so, well, back to the beginning for you.  Screw it, that's just stupid.  I play video games for enjoyment, not to test the limits of my patience.

I think I'll start on Dead Space Extraction, and maybe finish up F1 2010 too.  And I've got Enslaved Odyssey to the West that I got started on a while ago.

Really, REALLY psyched about Shift 2:  Unleashed which is coming out April 1st.  I loved the first game, and this sequel is going to have twice as many cars and tracks, a new physics engine and a new graphics engine. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
InformationGeek
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #882 on: February 17, 2011, 10:25:47 AM »

Finished Dead Space 2 on zealot difficulty.  Pretty darned challenging towards the end!  Think I'm done now.  Though I'm only two trophies away from a platinum, the hardcore mode sounds like a complete pain in the bottom.  Only three saves in the entire game, so if one time you aim at something and happen to miss, over a period of four hours or so, well, back to the beginning for you.  Screw it, that's just stupid.  I play video games for enjoyment, not to test the limits of my patience. 

It feels like a throwback to the old days where video games where just as punishingly difficult.

Anyhow, I am playing Ace Attorney: Justice for All recently.  Not much to say, but its really fun.  I recommend to all who have a DS, but the game is out of print and really hard to find.  Best to buy it at the Wii Shop Channel nowadays.

venomx
« Reply #883 on: February 17, 2011, 06:01:15 PM »

Battlefield 2 online, so I'm ready and sharp for Battlefield 3!
Torgo

« Reply #884 on: February 17, 2011, 07:11:27 PM »

I bought a Playstation 3 back in early December. I'm playing through a ton of games right now that I've bought from stores as well as a bunch of cool download only titles.

The ones that I'm working on at the moment are Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition, Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition, Little Big Planet 1 & 2 as well as Super Street Fighter IV.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.