Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:48:22 AM
714200 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 824698 times)
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #885 on: February 18, 2011, 09:07:27 AM »

Madden 2003 on my Game Cube.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #886 on: February 19, 2011, 04:19:51 PM »

Playing Dead Space 2 on hardcore mode - you know, like I swore I'd never do   BounceGiggle  You only get 3 saves in 15 chapters, and I managed to make it to chapter 6 for my first save.  I'm quite proud of myself at the moment   TeddyR  That only took about a week.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #887 on: February 19, 2011, 05:19:32 PM »

Playing Dead Space 2 on hardcore mode - you know, like I swore I'd never do   BounceGiggle  You only get 3 saves in 15 chapters, and I managed to make it to chapter 6 for my first save.  I'm quite proud of myself at the moment   TeddyR  That only took about a week.

Good job, just make sure to save a save before hitting the last chapter.  That's when you are going to really need it.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #888 on: February 21, 2011, 02:43:28 AM »

Been replaying Mass Effect 2, on hardcore setting.   Just about to do the IFF mission, and then the fun begins.

Kasumi's death strike power is endlessly entertaining to watch.

going to start on Fallout New Vegas after that.
Couchtr26

« Reply #889 on: February 21, 2011, 02:58:15 PM »

Played some 360 games I missed on initial release.  Prey and Metro 2033.  Both feel like FPS games from the 90's in a way.  Not too terrible to have some slight nostalgia. 

Ah, the good old days.
10,000 Volt Ghost
Ancient Radiation
Bad Movie Lover

Ancient Radiation

« Reply #890 on: February 21, 2011, 04:08:52 PM »

Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance again. Hooked on it bad again.

John Hancock
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #891 on: February 21, 2011, 09:05:13 PM »

Played some 360 games I missed on initial release.  Prey and Metro 2033.  Both feel like FPS games from the 90's in a way.  Not too terrible to have some slight nostalgia. 

Metro 2033 got some less than good reviews from what I hear. I scanned it at the Gamestop terminal and the reviews came up and I was like, "whoa..."   

One good FPS I just finished tonight, as a matter of fact, was Singularity. A very good storyline that you could say, is all about time. The Unreal engine was used for the graphics, and that's always a good thing, but as I said, the storyline was well-thought out.

Now it's on it's way back to Gamefly HQ and it's time for another game.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
dean

« Reply #892 on: February 22, 2011, 07:48:30 AM »

Was ripping through New Vegas but am a bit burnt out on the wasteland so have been playing Call of duty Black Ops online as a friend got me addicted to the multiplayer.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
theedinburghbteam
Dedicated Viewer

Bringing the trash home!

« Reply #893 on: February 22, 2011, 03:22:22 PM »

I've been working my way through some old PC games ("Theme Hospital", "Tropico", "Commandoes"...) and am now playing the pretty rad "Jagged Alliance 2" :D

The Edinburgh B-Team! B-Movie double bill, every Monday at the Jekyll & Hyde Pub, Hanover Street, Edinburgh, Scotland! 7pm onwards! Free entry and free popcorn!
Couchtr26

« Reply #894 on: February 25, 2011, 02:16:28 PM »

Metro 2033 got some less than good reviews from what I hear. I scanned it at the Gamestop terminal and the reviews came up and I was like, "whoa..."   

One good FPS I just finished tonight, as a matter of fact, was Singularity. A very good storyline that you could say, is all about time. The Unreal engine was used for the graphics, and that's always a good thing, but as I said, the storyline was well-thought out.

Now it's on it's way back to Gamefly HQ and it's time for another game.

It's an odd one.  However, it is interesting to see games made from the Ukraine.  I won't say it is perfect there is much that is rather lackluster.  On that note though, haven't played it much recently.  Went on to another one I missed, Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood.  Like the multiplayer aspect but don't like the singleplayer campaign, rather boring.  On Metro, I was also interested as they wish to release a sequel with multiplayer capabilities.  Was hoping to get a taste of their first game to see if it would be worth buying.  I'm thinking not but still an interesting game. 

Ah, the good old days.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #895 on: February 25, 2011, 04:16:17 PM »

Been playing Enslaved:  Odyssey to the West.  Really good game.  The characters are great - excellent voice acting and the dialogue is actually clever - which is incredibly rare in video games these days.  The story is good - I thought it would just be character A helps character B find her way home, but it's actually quite a bit more involved than that.  Environments are beautiful, with lots of lush green scenery encroaching on destroyed cities.  The enemies are robots, some of which are pretty cool.  Combat is mostly melee, and it was kind of frustrating at first until I figured out the basic tactic, after which is got pretty easy.  There's a lot of platforming too, much of which is at dizzying heights.  Imagine climbing across the Golden Gate bridge if it was half destroyed:  Oh, here's a 20 foot gap a couple hundred feet above the water, I'll just jump over it   BounceGiggle

Having a good time with it.  

Edit:  Forgot to mention the camera - it's terrible.  Always spinning around and going all over the place during combat.  I can't even count how many times I've missed a guy by a full 180 degrees because that stupid thing decided to whip around.  The constant switching between third person and fixed camera angles gets on my nerves too.  But those are only moderate gripes.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 04:16:57 PM by Jack » Logged

- Paulo Coelho
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #896 on: February 26, 2011, 06:55:40 PM »

NHL 2K10
Fight Night Round 4
Blazing Angels 2

Also picked up:

Fallout 3
BioShock

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #897 on: February 26, 2011, 09:04:25 PM »

Finally finished BioShock today.  The final boss was WEAK!  I didn't even use my best ammo on him!  What a disappointing end.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #898 on: March 01, 2011, 08:08:26 AM »

Finished Enslaved:  Odyssey to the West on hard difficulty last night.  More than a few obscenities were hurled at the screen.  Hatred  Now I just need to finish up some trophies that I can do on easy difficulty.  Which, if history is any guide, will be ten times harder than I currently imagine.

I think I'm a masochist  Question

- Paulo Coelho
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #899 on: March 01, 2011, 01:44:42 PM »

Been playing Enslaved:  Odyssey to the West.  Really good game.  The characters are great - excellent voice acting and the dialogue is actually clever - which is incredibly rare in video games these days.  The story is good - I thought it would just be character A helps character B find her way home, but it's actually quite a bit more involved than that.  Environments are beautiful, with lots of lush green scenery encroaching on destroyed cities.  The enemies are robots, some of which are pretty cool.  Combat is mostly melee, and it was kind of frustrating at first until I figured out the basic tactic, after which is got pretty easy.  There's a lot of platforming too, much of which is at dizzying heights.  Imagine climbing across the Golden Gate bridge if it was half destroyed:  Oh, here's a 20 foot gap a couple hundred feet above the water, I'll just jump over it   BounceGiggle

Having a good time with it.  

Edit:  Forgot to mention the camera - it's terrible.  Always spinning around and going all over the place during combat.  I can't even count how many times I've missed a guy by a full 180 degrees because that stupid thing decided to whip around.  The constant switching between third person and fixed camera angles gets on my nerves too.  But those are only moderate gripes.

I just started playing this yesterday. I agree with Jack on all the points he brings up. Enslaved is a beautiful game. The greenest post-Apocalypse I've ever seen. My main gripe with the game at the moment is that I wish there were a greater variety in enemy types.

Enslaved was not a commercial success, judging by the fact that it the price has already dropped down to $20. I probably wouldn't recommend it at $60, but for $20 it's well worth your time.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.