Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:30:11 PM
714159 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 824398 times)
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #900 on: March 06, 2011, 04:25:45 PM »

Beat quite a few games lately, including Red Dead Revolver, Limbo, and Braid.  Playing those games caused me to put some RPGs on hold, so I've picked up where I left off on them.

Final Fantasy V [PlayStation version]

Cthulhu Saves the World
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #901 on: March 06, 2011, 05:27:34 PM »

Got my platinum for Enslaved.   TeddyR  Now I'm playing The Saboteur.  The main character is an Irish racecar driver in Paris during WWII.  He's in cahoots with the French resistance and he goes around sabotaging Nazi installations and stuff.  Pretty fun so far.   Good characters, some shooting, some driving (I ran over a cow at high speed and it burst into bloody chunks   BounceGiggle  ).

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #902 on: March 06, 2011, 07:30:36 PM »

I am playing through Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, but if you have my last few songs of the day, you probably figured that out.   TeddyR  The game has some damn good soundtrack pieces.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #903 on: March 06, 2011, 07:54:21 PM »

Got my platinum for Enslaved.   TeddyR  Now I'm playing The Saboteur.  The main character is an Irish racecar driver in Paris during WWII.  He's in cahoots with the French resistance and he goes around sabotaging Nazi installations and stuff.  Pretty fun so far.   Good characters, some shooting, some driving (I ran over a cow at high speed and it burst into bloody chunks   BounceGiggle  ).

I played that, and initially I was impressed until it got to be too predictable and the missions a bit moreso.  Anyhow being that I got it on Gamefly, I really didn't lose any money, and was happy about it.

After recently finishing Splinter Cell: Conviction  I just wound up getting Metro 2033 in the mail a few days ago.  Too early to tell yet, but seems like an alright game.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #904 on: March 07, 2011, 07:57:47 AM »

I played that, and initially I was impressed until it got to be too predictable and the missions a bit moreso.  Anyhow being that I got it on Gamefly, I really didn't lose any money, and was happy about it.

Yeah, I had a $20 gift card from buying some other game, so I ended up paying four bucks for it   TeddyR  I can see how it would get repetitious, it's just doing missions, being chased by the Nazis, repeat.  I'll play through the story at least.  I kind of enjoy the free-roam stuff, and there's apparently plenty of levelling up to do.  If it keeps me occupied for a few weeks until Shift 2 Unleashed comes out I'll be happy.

- Paulo Coelho
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #905 on: March 07, 2011, 09:01:57 AM »

I just got an SNES emulator on my cell phone and I'm playing Earthbound on it. As soon as I get a GBA emulator I'll play the translated "Mother 3" ROM. Don't you hate me?  TeddyR

I am also working on:

Fallout: New Vegas
Final Fantasy VII
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
and
many
many
more
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 04:48:54 PM by A.J. Bauer » Logged

venomx
« Reply #906 on: March 07, 2011, 09:13:56 AM »

I just got an SNES emulator on my cell phone and I'm playing Earthbound on it. As soon as I get a GBA emulator I'll play the translated "Mother 3" ROM. Don't you hate me?  TeddyR

I am also working on:

Final Fantasy VII
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
and
many
many
more?

How is that Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 so far, good? I'm looking to get it soon.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #907 on: March 07, 2011, 04:43:20 PM »

Hey, has anybody played Rock Band 3 yet? My wife and I enjoyed Rock Band 2 and wonder if the third installment is better/worse, and what's different. Any comments?

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #908 on: March 07, 2011, 04:50:07 PM »

I just got an SNES emulator on my cell phone and I'm playing Earthbound on it. As soon as I get a GBA emulator I'll play the translated "Mother 3" ROM. Don't you hate me?  TeddyR

I am also working on:

Final Fantasy VII
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
and
many
many
more?

How is that Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 so far, good? I'm looking to get it soon.

It's addicting. Though I only play arcade on easy. The final boss (Galactus from Fantastic 4) is INSANELY hard on Normal or higher.

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #909 on: March 07, 2011, 08:45:29 PM »

Hey, has anybody played Rock Band 3 yet? My wife and I enjoyed Rock Band 2 and wonder if the third installment is better/worse, and what's different. Any comments?

Rock Band 3 is the best music game so far.

The core gameplay is, of course, still the same. There is a keyboard instrument available, which is basically the right half of a regular keyboard. It's pretty fun, and surprisingly similar to the guitar mechanic. There is also the introduction of harmonic vocals, with up to three mics, which is the most fun at parties. You can also drop out any of the instruments at any time, or enter into a song at any time, which is good for parties, too.

The song sorting is also updated. Now you can filter your music list in quite a few different fashions. You can also rate the songs, so they come up more or less often in playlists. (I never want to hear "Train Kept a Rollin'" ever again.)

The character and band creator has been updated, but I've never used that too often.

Basically, if you like Rock Band, buy Rock Band 3. Almost every song from Rock Band 1 & 2, and Lego Rock Band can be downloaded to your hard drive (for a fee), and the only disc you'll ever need to put in is 3.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #910 on: March 11, 2011, 08:45:59 PM »

I just finished Enslaved. I probably won't go back to find all those orbs and masks. I liked the game quite a bit, but having to constantly look for those suckers really dragged down would have been an otherwise tight narrative.

Just restarted Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I have another character, but it's on my old hard drive and I don't feel like plugging it in just to get it.

Funny observation. At the beginning of the game, there's a shopkeeper who buys his goods off a grave robber. One of the items for sale in his store are "Imperial Breeches." Gee, I wondered who died recently that would have been wearing Imperial Breeches?

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #911 on: March 12, 2011, 07:56:15 AM »

I just finished Enslaved. I probably won't go back to find all those orbs and masks. I liked the game quite a bit, but having to constantly look for those suckers really dragged down would have been an otherwise tight narrative.

Totally agree.  I would have liked to concentrate on the gameplay and enjoyed the characters, story and scenery, but since those orbs are the currency you use to buy upgrades, I spent half the game searching ever nook and cranny of every environment.  It would have been much better if you just got them when you killed an enemy.

- Paulo Coelho
Couchtr26

« Reply #912 on: March 12, 2011, 10:13:52 PM »

Funny observation. At the beginning of the game, there's a shopkeeper who buys his goods off a grave robber. One of the items for sale in his store are "Imperial Breeches." Gee, I wondered who died recently that would have been wearing Imperial Breeches?

Must remember to buy those and place on Tamriel Ebay, Imperial Breeches worn by Patrick Stewart. 

Ah, the good old days.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #913 on: March 12, 2011, 11:55:11 PM »

BioShock...really like it although there is a lot of searching for items...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #914 on: March 13, 2011, 05:19:00 AM »

Beat Final Fantasy V and all of the optional bosses.  Working on Final Fantasy VI Advance now.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.