Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:24:44 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 821368 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #945 on: April 16, 2011, 07:04:23 AM »

I'm still playing Shift 2 Unleashed.  The racing is pretty intense - I've got a steering wheel, and my arms actually get tired because I tense all my muscles up as I'm driving lol.  That's a pretty exciting experience!  When you get to the faster cars, they're always on the verge of losing traction - it's a real balancing act to push them as far as possible, but push a little too far and you're spinning off the track and you can go from first place to tenth in a heartbeat.  Screw up in the wrong spot and you'll go flipping over and over and end up with only two or three wheels left on your car   BounceGiggle

The game's got this feature called Autolog, where you can see your friend's best lap times around each track.  I've been having a lot of fun with that, and so have my friends apparently - we're constantly knocking each other off the #1 spot   TeddyR   Really loving the huge selection of tracks in this game.  I get a lot of my enjoyment out of learning new tracks and working on hitting all the corners just right, and of course passing everybody else in the process.  And you have to drive some pretty darned good laps to pass the AI cars with the difficulty set on hard. 

I also ordered Assassins Creed II the other day. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #946 on: April 18, 2011, 12:20:41 PM »

I've been loading up on Pokemon games recently:

* Pokemon: HeartGold
* Pokemon: White
* Pokemon: Diamond

Soon, I will get a Pokemon Ranger game and continue my descent into more zany adventures.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #947 on: April 18, 2011, 05:18:58 PM »

Played through one full game of Heavy Rain...pretty cool stuff, game takes different turns depending on what choices you have the characters make. All in all though, one plays through the story a little too quickly...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
venomx
« Reply #948 on: April 19, 2011, 09:09:37 AM »

Paradise Island. Droid X.

It's like Tropico with mix of SimCity and a touch of Anno 1404.

For a free smart phone game its unbelievably fun, very additive and very detailed.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 09:15:54 AM by Venomx » Logged
Siren
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #949 on: April 19, 2011, 09:37:38 PM »

PORTAL 2!!!!!
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #950 on: April 19, 2011, 11:15:09 PM »

For PS3

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Couchtr26

« Reply #951 on: April 20, 2011, 12:32:39 AM »

Harvest Moon: Animal Parade.  Yes, I'm just as surprised by that as you are. 

Ah, the good old days.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #952 on: April 20, 2011, 01:19:08 AM »

Still playing Final Fantasy IV: The After Years, and it's still a mixed bag.  Just when it gets awesome, it does something utterly stupid and drops itself back down.  That and I hate how linear and contained it feels, like you don't get enough space or time to do anything really cool. 

Restarted the original Breath of Fire on SNES as well.  Ah, classic!
Couchtr26

« Reply #953 on: April 20, 2011, 12:58:34 PM »

Still playing Final Fantasy IV: The After Years, and it's still a mixed bag.  Just when it gets awesome, it does something utterly stupid and drops itself back down.  That and I hate how linear and contained it feels, like you don't get enough space or time to do anything really cool. 

I actually got that not long ago as I loved FF II/IV from when I was younger.  I played it again about 5 months again and worked great was enjoying but on that same note I had been through it before and knew what to expect.  There is also a nostalgia to it. 

FF IV: The After Years feels limited as you said.  I think in making it like the original from the SNES it is more limiting as we are now accustomed to so much more in an rpg.  It is nice to see the characters again but on that same note it feels the earlier game was nice somewhat open ended as we could conclude our own stories for the characters and their end.  I'm not a fan of the new systems introduced either. 

Plus, Breath of Fire SNES  Thumbup

Ah, the good old days.
Javakoala
« Reply #954 on: April 20, 2011, 01:44:22 PM »

Currently playing DC Universe Online on PS3. Slightly sterile, but not bad overall. The other night I was doing a mission subduing demons. As I'm flying over the heads of some to deliver something to a drop-off point, one of the demons screamed, "All your souls are belong to us!" I damn near fell off the couch laughing. Someone has a very devious sense of humor in the writing department.

Up to now, I was addicted to Borderlands. I still have to play it every couple of days. After beating it a couple of times, I started using Willowtree to mod weapons (on the PS3). I have created some fairly intense weapons within realistic game bounderies and love making stuff explode. And the game is co-op only online, so none of that deathmatch frustration.

I recently downloaded Dragon Hunter: Alliance from the PS Store. It's Diablo Lite, but a fun dungeon crawl that allows for co-op online. Finally, a simple and entertaining game that doesn't frustrate you to the point you want to sucker punch kittens.
venomx
« Reply #955 on: April 21, 2011, 03:11:00 PM »

Angry Birds Rio. Droid X. It's VERY addicting! I can't... stop... playing...

Small | Large

LOL! Looks and sounds like a grindhouse trailer.
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #956 on: April 21, 2011, 04:16:02 PM »

I've pretty much been immersed in Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I think my last saved game shows something like 130 hours of play time. I'm close to maximizing most of my stats, and I didn't cheat for a single one of those. I've also completed most of the large quests except for the "main one."

Haven't even touched the Shimmering Isles.

I don't think this game is healthy for me. Too much free time spent in Cyrodil.

I agree-I've spent too much time there myself.

But, I implore you, don't knock the Shivering Isles.  It's a very weird and wonderfully twisted world, and a very original break from the hum-drum world of Cyrodill and the Ayleid ruins. 

Plus, you get the he strongest armor in the game there, both in light and heavy flavors! Madness armor and Amber armor are very tough. Even tougher than Daedric.  But as I said, pay the Shivering Isles a visit and have yourself some crazy fun!

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #957 on: April 21, 2011, 04:20:12 PM »

Anyhow, my latest conquest was Mafia 2.

This was a great game  Thumbup

Georgeous renditions of old New York City, miles of road, and some beautiful classic car designs. And some great music from the day, including Buddy Holly, Little Richard, and Dean Martin.

While it's short, the game is very sweet. Great cutscenes and a very dark and gritty story.  Forget the Godfather 1 and 2, and the GTA stuff, this was a well-made game and one that should have another sequel.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #958 on: April 21, 2011, 05:27:31 PM »

MORTAL KOMBAT!!! and NBA 2K11

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #959 on: April 21, 2011, 10:10:49 PM »

I actually got that not long ago as I loved FF II/IV from when I was younger.  I played it again about 5 months again and worked great was enjoying but on that same note I had been through it before and knew what to expect.  There is also a nostalgia to it. 

FF IV: The After Years feels limited as you said.  I think in making it like the original from the SNES it is more limiting as we are now accustomed to so much more in an rpg.  It is nice to see the characters again but on that same note it feels the earlier game was nice somewhat open ended as we could conclude our own stories for the characters and their end.  I'm not a fan of the new systems introduced either. 

Plus, Breath of Fire SNES  Thumbup

I really love II/IV!  It's what got me into the series.  I think what feels limited about After Years is that it's broken into episodes, each about 2-4 hours long, and after playing about four of them, I feel like I should already have much more reign over the world map, but I don't.  It feels like I've started the game anew four or five different times, and that I'm fighting the same basic enemies over and over again.  I think it would have worked out better if it weren't episodic, or if they would have given us more new ground to cover. 

I recently started Porom's tale, and one of the dungeons in it is the Underground Waterway; the same Underground Waterway you have to do in a regular new game with Ceodore and the caped mystery man.  Both version of the dungeon are exactly the same, and you fight the same boss in both of them.  The only difference in the bosses is the name and the fact that one of them occasionally casts Blizzara. 

In other news I'm still playing Final Fantasy VII for the umpteenth time, and still loving that.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.