Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:57:41 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 825079 times)
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #960 on: April 21, 2011, 11:15:49 PM »

But, I implore you, don't knock the Shivering Isles.  It's a very weird and wonderfully twisted world, and a very original break from the hum-drum world of Cyrodill and the Ayleid ruins.

Oh, I wasn't knocking the Shivering Isles. I was just saying I've already invested a ton of time into the game, and I haven't even begun the add-on yet. (I've only done a bit of Knights of the Nine, as well.)

Once I complete most of the stuff in Cyrodil, I'll make my way over. Looking forward to it, actually.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #961 on: April 22, 2011, 06:26:10 AM »

I've already got Elder Scrolls V Skyrim pre-ordered.  Only 7 months to go  TeddyR  I was looking at some screen shots the other day and it looks really atmospheric. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #962 on: April 22, 2011, 11:32:10 AM »

But, I implore you, don't knock the Shivering Isles.  It's a very weird and wonderfully twisted world, and a very original break from the hum-drum world of Cyrodill and the Ayleid ruins.

Oh, I wasn't knocking the Shivering Isles. I was just saying I've already invested a ton of time into the game, and I haven't even begun the add-on yet. (I've only done a bit of Knights of the Nine, as well.)

Once I complete most of the stuff in Cyrodil, I'll make my way over. Looking forward to it, actually.

It's all cool, bro. I knew you weren't knocking the Shivering Isles, it's just a phrase I use a lot.  Smile 

This gets a bit long, but here's a little dirty tip for survival against stronger characters: I found sneaky way to take out Necromancers and Hedge Wizards and other basic higher level characters:

If you're high enough in the schools of Illusion, Sneak and Alchemy, it's a piece of cake.

A: Sneak up on a character (Invisibility or Sneak skill) and then paralyze them with a paralyze spell of greater duration, preferably one you made yourself.

B: When they're down, hit them with a weakness to poison spell, and then use a poisoned weapon doused with a good strong poison potion, preferably one you made with high-level alchemy.   Repeat as necessary.

The effect is, the character is paralyzed and cannot heal, with accelerated poison (thru spell and potion) running thru them until they're dead.

Sometimes, you'll need a good Mute and\or Damage Magicka spell (usually in tandem) to stop occasional silent (non-vocal) spellcasters (like Goblin Shamans) from silently healing or negating the effects of your attack. 

Dirty, but effective. But then, such is the way of the assassin.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #963 on: April 25, 2011, 04:28:48 AM »

Final Fantasy IV: The After Years- Second part of the final chapter.  I'm anxious to end this affair.

I'm also playing Gargoyle's Quest on Game Boy.  I'm supposed to go to some desert and look for an item.  The level in the desert is pretty freakin' hard.
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #964 on: April 28, 2011, 04:47:35 PM »

Right now I'm trying to (for about the third time) to beat the old PC game Icewind Dale 2 from Black Isle. It's the sequel to Icewind Dale and it's add-on Heart Of Winter and hopefully my machine won't crash this time.

It also helped to have the save files on backup too, so I took up from an old game and it's going OK, if a bit long.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Javakoala
« Reply #965 on: May 02, 2011, 01:24:45 PM »

The Playstation Network has been down for nearly 2 weeks. I've watched more movies since it went down than I had in months before then.

I've actually gone back to playing Red Dead Redemption. I spend most of my time just hunting. Kinda fun skinning all them critters. I'm shooting for 9000 pounds of animal meat. And, yes, it is a challenge in the game, not just some sick goal of mine. Shooting every person camping in the wilderness is my sick goal.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #966 on: May 02, 2011, 02:04:40 PM »

I got Okami a few days ago and have been playing through it.  It's very good and I highly recommend it to anyone here, especially the Wii verison.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #967 on: May 02, 2011, 05:41:12 PM »

The Playstation Network has been down for nearly 2 weeks. I've watched more movies since it went down than I had in months before then.

I've actually gone back to playing Red Dead Redemption. I spend most of my time just hunting. Kinda fun skinning all them critters. I'm shooting for 9000 pounds of animal meat. And, yes, it is a challenge in the game, not just some sick goal of mine. Shooting every person camping in the wilderness is my sick goal.

The only thing that got me about Red Dead Redemption is the "same old-same old" with the nightwatch missions. Be it in the U.S. or Mexico, nightwatch missions are the same: follow the dog and kill the thieves.

Of the western shooters I've recently played, Call Of Juarez 2: Bound In Blood was a good one. Great story and very likeable characters in the McCall brothers.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #968 on: May 06, 2011, 06:48:38 AM »

I've been playing Assassin's Creed II for about a week now.  This game got a 9/10 average rating from the critics.  I'd give it a 7/10.  The story and characters are about as uninteresting and undeveloped as it gets.  The combat is basic button mashing.  There are various attacks you can do, but why bother when you never come close to getting killed even in the biggest battles?  There's a lot of platforming - you can climb up the sides of buildings and run across rooftops.  It's half broken.  The guy often jumps off in an entirely different direction than you intended, and it takes a couple minutes just to get back to where you started from.  Want to run past something?  Your guy will probably try climbing up it instead.  And then you can press the "drop" button several times until he finally decides to actually drop.   Want to jump 3' to the little platform next to you?   Watch your guy catapult himself 100' off into space instead.  It's a big open world in 15th century Italy - graphics inside the cities are average.  Out in the countryside it looks like a PS2 game.  Facial animations and that sort of thing are very mediocre.  And there's barely even a hint of theme music to set any sort of mood in this game - it's like they didn't bother to record a score for it.

I've spent about 99% of my time with this game just collecting items   Lookingup  And if you want to get the platinum trophy, of course they make that a major pain in the a$$ as well - you have to collect 100 feathers scattered across the rooftops of several large cities.  After a week I've found about 10 of them.  

Apparently this thing gets 500% better later on?  We'll see I guess.  
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 09:57:56 AM by Jack » Logged

- Paulo Coelho
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #969 on: May 06, 2011, 03:47:51 PM »

I'm constantly getting distracted by so many different video games lately... I have now directed my attention to Epic Mickey and Pokemon Tower Defense on Newgrounds.  They always seem to have interesting flash games over there.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
BTM

« Reply #970 on: May 09, 2011, 10:23:44 AM »

I've been pretty addicted to GemCraft Labyrinth, the latest games in the Gemcraft series.  I've always liked good TD games and this series in particular has always grabbed my attention.

You can play it here, if you're interested. http://armorgames.com/play/10317/gemcraft-labyrinth
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 12:44:12 AM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
MrMari

Keepin' my pimp hand strong since 1975.

« Reply #971 on: May 11, 2011, 09:53:13 PM »

Not a big gamer bus since I'm a Linux user I burn time playing Urban Terror and Nexuiz. Fun games and of coarse, they are free!

Couchtr26

« Reply #972 on: May 13, 2011, 12:23:50 AM »

Brink - didn't think I would like it as much as I do and I can't describe it.  It feels like Battlefield in it's class system but very much open many compare it to Mirror's Edge but I do like the freedom it gives.  I guess I like the freedom to go after objectives in a way I want. 

Ah, the good old days.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #973 on: May 15, 2011, 03:38:21 PM »

Got a platinum trophy for Assassin's Creed II, bringing the current total up to 7 platinums   TeddyR

Good game, about a 7/10 like I said before.

Think maybe I'll start on BioShock tonight.  Played it for an hour about a year ago and it's been sitting on the shelf ever since.  Time to knock the dust off of it   TeddyR
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 04:18:09 PM by Jack » Logged

- Paulo Coelho
BTM

« Reply #974 on: May 16, 2011, 08:53:41 AM »

The only thing that got me about Red Dead Redemption is the "same old-same old" with the nightwatch missions. Be it in the U.S. or Mexico, nightwatch missions are the same: follow the dog and kill the thieves.

Of the western shooters I've recently played, Call Of Juarez 2: Bound In Blood was a good one. Great story and very likeable characters in the McCall brothers.

As cool as the game is, I wish I had a comp that could run it just so I could play the Undead Nightmare expansion.  That looks SO freaking cool!

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.