Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:41:13 PM
713363 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 821508 times)
MrMari
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Keepin' my pimp hand strong since 1975.

« Reply #990 on: June 03, 2011, 09:02:08 PM »

Dusted off an old PC and reloaded XP on it. I had a craving to play Battlefield 1942 again and I was shocked to find a bunch of active servers.

retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #991 on: June 03, 2011, 09:15:49 PM »

Most recently:

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
venomx
« Reply #992 on: June 03, 2011, 09:23:08 PM »

I remember I used to play Joust in the arcades with my father, back in the early 80's. Thumbup
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #993 on: June 04, 2011, 08:29:49 PM »

Yeah, this is Joust 2, a not-particularly-great sequel from 1986 where the gameplay is similar to the first game, but with some enemies turning into golden eggs when killed, which can grant you bonus points or extra lives.  Also, you can transform into a pegasus, which is MUCH heavier and pretty much worthless.  Also, a boss sometimes appears (a big machine with 4 buttons you must jab to destroy it).  Not a very good update IMO.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #994 on: June 05, 2011, 06:59:18 AM »

Almost done with Star Wars The Force Unleashed.  Pretty crappy game in my opinion - really just a budget title with the "Star Wars" name slapped on it.  Seems like the gameplay was designed not to be fun, but to make a 4 hour game last 8 hours.  I'm on the last boss battle and due to the bad camera angle it's hard to see what you're doing, and the broken lock-on system means you'll spend half your time missing your target and attacking the walls of the room instead.  It's about 70% luck and 30% skill - one cheap death after another and it's repetitious and frustrating as hell.

Played the Mass effect 2 demo last night.  I MUST get that game.  All other priorities rescinded, crew expendable - I need Mass Effect 2  TeddyR

I guess my copy of Hunted:  The Demon's Forge is supposed to arrive this week. I pre-ordered it from Toys R Us because it was $10 cheaper than Amazon, and now I'll receive it right about the time everybody else has already finished playing it.  Sigh...live and learn I guess.  It's getting pretty crappy reviews from most people who have played it, but I'm hoping I'll still find it enjoyable.

Also heard a rumor that Silent Hill 2 & 3 are coming out in one of those hi-def collections at some point in the future.  Yippee!  been wanting to play those for a long time.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #995 on: June 05, 2011, 03:27:23 PM »

Manhunt 2
venomx
« Reply #996 on: June 05, 2011, 07:17:31 PM »

LOL. OH Damn! Look, it's Assisted Living Dracula! Awesome avatar, man. Thumbup

(Master Shake gets nervous)

Side note. 2 more days till E3. Wink
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #997 on: June 09, 2011, 11:42:43 AM »

Some game from 505 Games called Naval Assault: The Killing Tide."

Thank God I didn't buy THIS one (Gamefly to the rescue).  You need to play old missions over and over again to get points (stars) for the next most powerful submarine.

The action is good though, and the controls actually WORK unlike some games..

PC-wise? Still working on Baldurs' Gate 2: Shadows Of Amn which is modded with Shadows Over Soubar and The Darkest Day.  Not too bad!

I beat BG1 and Icewind Dale 1 and 2 so this is the end of the line for the Forgotten Realms, save for Planescape: Torment which I need to get to yet.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Couchtr26

« Reply #998 on: June 09, 2011, 11:16:21 PM »

Gone back to Fallout 3.  Just feel like blowing things up with mini nukes.  I also used to love playing Oblivion modded and getting on top of churches and just shoot randomly into crowds.  Ahh, Grand Theft Auto Bethesda Style.  Less drug and prostitute references, more delightful carnage. 

Ah, the good old days.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #999 on: June 10, 2011, 06:45:31 AM »

I loved Fallout 3.  Great atmosphere and oh yeah, those mini-nukes were dandy   TeddyR 

Been Playing Hunted:  The Demon's Forge for a couple of days.  Enjoying it a lot!  Nice atmosphere and environments, the characters are fun, and the gameplay is very entertaining too.  There's two main characters - a guy who specialized in melee combat and an elfin babe who uses a bow and arrow.  You can switch which character you're controlling occasionally, so that keeps it interesting.  And there's plenty of talents and magic and stuff you can level up.  One of those where I start playing it and next thing you know, two hours have gone by   Thumbup

- Paulo Coelho
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #1000 on: June 12, 2011, 02:57:47 PM »

I loved Fallout 3.  Great atmosphere and oh yeah, those mini-nukes were dandy   TeddyR 

Been Playing Hunted:  The Demon's Forge for a couple of days.  Enjoying it a lot!  Nice atmosphere and environments, the characters are fun, and the gameplay is very entertaining too.  There's two main characters - a guy who specialized in melee combat and an elfin babe who uses a bow and arrow.  You can switch which character you're controlling occasionally, so that keeps it interesting.  And there's plenty of talents and magic and stuff you can level up.  One of those where I start playing it and next thing you know, two hours have gone by   Thumbup

From what I've seen of it, and from this description, Hunted:  The Demon's Forge sort of plays like a medieval version of Army Of Two with the 2 characters as per the way one supposedly covers for the other when they're battling the baddies.  I need to get to it as soon as I finish Naval Assault:The Killing Tide.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1001 on: June 12, 2011, 04:45:43 PM »

From what I've seen of it, and from this description, Hunted:  The Demon's Forge sort of plays like a medieval version of Army Of Two with the 2 characters as per the way one supposedly covers for the other when they're battling the baddies.  I need to get to it as soon as I finish Naval Assault:The Killing Tide.

Yeah, it's not so much that you're covering for each other (though maybe you'd have to on a higher difficulty level), but you can take advantage of what the other person is doing.  Like the guy has a spell that levitates the enemies around him, and if you're playing as the elf you can shoot them when they're in midair as they're helpless then.  The elf can freeze enemies with one of her skills, so if you're playing as the guy you can shatter them with your weapon.  I guess later in the game the two can link some magic together and really kick some butt, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

I just really like the environments - good medieval dungeons. 

I think it's only got a 60/100 Metacritic rating, so apparently most people think it's crap.  But I like it   TeddyR  A few technical nit picks, gameplay is fun but not extraordinary.  If you like medieval dungeons and that whole atmosphere, you should enjoy it.

- Paulo Coelho
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #1002 on: June 16, 2011, 12:12:16 PM »

Yeah, it's not so much that you're covering for each other (though maybe you'd have to on a higher difficulty level), but you can take advantage of what the other person is doing.  Like the guy has a spell that levitates the enemies around him, and if you're playing as the elf you can shoot them when they're in midair as they're helpless then.  The elf can freeze enemies with one of her skills, so if you're playing as the guy you can shatter them with your weapon.  I guess later in the game the two can link some magic together and really kick some butt, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

I just really like the environments - good medieval dungeons. 

I think it's only got a 60/100 Metacritic rating, so apparently most people think it's crap.  But I like it   TeddyR  A few technical nit picks, gameplay is fun but not extraordinary.  If you like medieval dungeons and that whole atmosphere, you should enjoy it.

Dungeons were always really cool places..I myself love the Forgotten Realms stuff od D&D like Icewind Dale 1 and Baldur's Gate. 

There's a lot of atmosphere they put into the graphics-lost temples, ancient runes on the walls of old tombs, and the ambient sound effects are great.  I have a mod called Shadows Over Soubar for Baldurs Gate 2 and there are a ton of old forgotten places loaded with atmosphere.

Also, if you have played BG1 or BG 2, listen to the voice of Minsc the ranger.

He sounds a LOT like Paul Frees, who I believe was the voice of Boris Badunov in the old Bullwinkle cartoon show. He even makes a reference to a moose and a squirrel in one part of the game!  BounceGiggle

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

dean

« Reply #1003 on: June 17, 2011, 09:01:25 AM »

Messing with Magic the Gathering on ps3 after I got it free on Playstation Plus.

Also Borderlands and Duke Nukem Forever.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #1004 on: June 17, 2011, 11:26:36 AM »

With the release of Lego Pirates of the Carribbean, I have returned to past Lego games that I only to prepare myself for this game when I play it.  As such, I have dived back into Lego Batman.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.