Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:49:33 AM
714230 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 825030 times)
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1110 on: November 28, 2011, 03:54:41 PM »

Been workin' on upping my Galaga skillz lately. Current high score is 178K and change....

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1111 on: November 29, 2011, 10:15:41 PM »

Been workin' on upping my Galaga skillz lately. Current high score is 178K and change....
I only just recently started averaging over 100K, WITHOUT the "no-fire" cheat. 
Went to an arcade in downtown Portland called Ground Kontrol last night and topped my high scores with Galaga and Ms. Pac-Man, the latter of which I busted out 235,860 on! (even though it was the sped-up cabinet, which is what nearly all of the Ms. Pac Man cabinets are set to)

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #1112 on: November 30, 2011, 12:00:10 PM »

I continue with my game playing adventures with Metriod: Other M.  The story continues on its path to hilarity, while the gameplay continues, on the otherhand, to be enjoyable but hard.  Lots of fun action with shooting aliens and blast their heads off from above.  Just wish the story would get to that level.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1113 on: December 02, 2011, 11:13:06 AM »

Been playing Mass Effect 2 for a while now.  Very good game.  You play as a military commander who's trying to assemble a team to defend the galaxy from an upcoming attack by mysterious aliens.  There's a star chart you move around to travel to various solar systems, and you find main story missions or sidequests on some of the planets.  Little sidequests can take as little as 10 minutes, while big story missions might take several hours.  The writing and voice acting is excellent, really making you feel as if the characters are real people.  It's very story-heavy, and very tied into the events of the first game - which I didn't play - so I feel a bit lost at times.  I can still get the general drift of it though.  Combat is pretty good.  It's third-person cover-based stuff, and the cover mechanic could use a bit of work, but it's serviceable.  There are plenty of RPG elements for obtaining and levelling up weapons and abilities, as well as armor.  Lots of dialogue trees, but I feel that they don't give you much choice other than to be polite or rude while saying the same thing.  Graphics are mediocre.

I'm finding it pretty addicting.  Good variety of environments, gameplay is varied and fun, and it creates a believable world I can almost feel that I'm really living in.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #1114 on: December 02, 2011, 11:39:57 PM »

Sports Champions for the PS3 Move. Pretty straight forward and simplistic stuff really but surprisingly fun to play.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1115 on: December 10, 2011, 12:11:55 PM »

Finished Mass Effect 2 - what a superb game.  It may very well be my favorite game I've ever played.  The characters are well written and the voice acting is top notch.  I really felt as if I knew all 11 of my team members as real people, with real personalities and real backstories.  It's great the way you go on a mission with each one individually, really lets you get to know them.  The story was fairly straightforward, but unlike other games that have a main quest and a bunch of totally unrelated sidequests, this felt more like a main plot and subplots - it all tied together.  The whole thing unfolded in such a way that I was just hugely impressed with it.  The ending was more dramatic than most movies.  It's surprisingly atmospheric in spots too.

10/10   Thumbup

Now I'm playing through a second time, on insanity difficulty.  This is going to take a while   BounceGiggle

- Paulo Coelho
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #1116 on: December 13, 2011, 09:10:50 AM »

Continuing on with the games I bought recently...

Super Mario Galaxy: Was just about to put my sanity to the test with one of the Prankster Comets when the game glitched out on me.  Got to return it soon.  Bluesad

Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love: I am now sub-captain of the NYC's armored mech division and also currently in court trying to saved Harlem from being trashed by an evil land development company.  Also, I learned that if you imply that a girl may be slightly heavy, she'll hate you regardless of everything nice you done for her so far.  She went from a very motivated individual and unmotivated in a blink of an eye.

Cursed Mountain: I continue my hike up a mountain and about 18000 ft up and I get pushed off a cliff by an old woman.  Also, I get attacked by evil spirits and a demon bird.  Not my best hiking trip I ever been on.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 12:39:29 PM by InformationGeek » Logged

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #1117 on: December 13, 2011, 09:22:57 AM »

Splatterhouse (2010)

I don't care what the critics think, this is a great game. Some people have complained about Splatterhouse having a thin storyline. Now despite the fact that even I admit that the story ain't much, why should that be a problem? Since when did video games stories have to be equivalent to Shakespeare? To those who complain about this aspect about Splatterhouse, allow me to inform you on something: The critically acclaimed fan fave Super Mario Bros. did not have a complex storyline. All you did was go from point A to point B in an attempt to rescue the princess who was more often than enough in another castle.

For the critics who whine about the excess gore, it's called Splatterhouse for a reason. What the hell were you expecting?

Anyway like I said: don't pay attention to the idiotic reviews and give this game a chance.
Javakoala
« Reply #1118 on: December 13, 2011, 12:07:03 PM »

I started out with Saints Row 2 on the PS3 and fell in love with the unreal hyper-violent world full of rude and crude humor. So I bought Saints Row 3. Oh...my...god! Yeah, they dropped some of the options and there isn't a million different things to occupy your time, but given the huge boost in graphics and the insanity of the game, who can help but giggle in delight while fighting carload after carload of people dressed in various mascot outfits (bunnies, cats, hot dogs, beer bottles, energy drink cans, etc.). Or loading up on the various cheat codes and going on a non-stop bloodbath rampage with infinite ammo and super-sized explosions that set off chain reaction carnage as tanks, APCs, cars and so on are thrown skyward as each blast apart, throwing entire portions of the vehicles at you as other gang members, National Guard, police and bystanders swarm around you.

Is it obvious that I just love blowing sh!t up in video games?
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1119 on: December 18, 2011, 01:26:25 PM »

Got a nice little platinum trophy for Mass Effect 2   TeddyR

- Paulo Coelho
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1120 on: December 27, 2011, 01:44:53 PM »

Got Skyrim yesterday at 2pm.... and played until 9am.

Who needs a social life?

KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #1121 on: December 27, 2011, 02:04:19 PM »

Bin' revisiting the first game I ever bought with my own money.... SPACE STATION SILICON VALLEY!!

Small | Large
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 02:07:22 PM by KYGOTC » Logged

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1122 on: December 27, 2011, 08:32:30 PM »

Been doing a lot of SKYRIM over the break.  LOVE IT!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Javakoala
« Reply #1123 on: December 28, 2011, 11:28:03 AM »

Skyrim is a hoot. I like Oblivion but Skyrim is a bit more refined in how the NPCs go about their lives, so it seems more natural. The environments seem more realistic as well with the most subdued colors that are fitting of the northern regions. And the dragons are a freaking pain to kill. I guess if I would just work through more of the story line and spend less time wandering around trying to find weird stuff, I'd be better prepared to fight the scaley pidgeons.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1124 on: December 28, 2011, 11:54:00 AM »

I love the loot you get from dragons, though!
The story overall just impresses the heck out of me.  The Battle of Whiterun was amazing!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.