Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:43:48 AM
714235 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 825122 times)
Couchtr26
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1125 on: January 04, 2012, 12:33:31 AM »

I started out with Saints Row 2 on the PS3 and fell in love with the unreal hyper-violent world full of rude and crude humor. So I bought Saints Row 3. Oh...my...god! Yeah, they dropped some of the options and there isn't a million different things to occupy your time, but given the huge boost in graphics and the insanity of the game, who can help but giggle in delight while fighting carload after carload of people dressed in various mascot outfits (bunnies, cats, hot dogs, beer bottles, energy drink cans, etc.). Or loading up on the various cheat codes and going on a non-stop bloodbath rampage with infinite ammo and super-sized explosions that set off chain reaction carnage as tanks, APCs, cars and so on are thrown skyward as each blast apart, throwing entire portions of the vehicles at you as other gang members, National Guard, police and bystanders swarm around you.

Is it obvious that I just love blowing sh!t up in video games?

Been on Saints Row 3 on 360.  Enjoying it quite a bit and hadn't played the originals and bought that two pack they offer.  Right now on track for Saints Row 3 to be the first retail game I have 100% achievements. 

For those on Skyrim, I enjoy the graphics, feel and story but most appreciate the ease of magic use.  I never was a big fan in earlier games but love it in Skyrim.  I actually like to dual wield Sparks and get a Emperor Palpatine joy ruining the lives of many in the landscape. 

Ah, the good old days.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1126 on: January 04, 2012, 07:51:34 AM »

It is an amazing game all right, I love the fact that the Dwemer ruins play a prominent role in the storyline, even if the Falmer are beastly hard to kill!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Couchtr26

« Reply #1127 on: January 04, 2012, 10:32:41 PM »

It is an amazing game all right, I love the fact that the Dwemer ruins play a prominent role in the storyline, even if the Falmer are beastly hard to kill!!!

I remember my first encounter with them around level 15.  I thought some easy barbarian types.  Around 10 deaths later, I think I cleared them out of that dungeon.  I also have trouble with the Altmer inquisitors.  I like their stuff, they don't like me taking it.  It ends terribly on both sides. 

Ah, the good old days.
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1128 on: January 10, 2012, 10:50:15 AM »

Fallout: New Vegas. Pretty fun so far and it looks like they took care of the game-breaking bugs. Now, if only my character's gun arm would stop jumping up about a foot for no reason...and it would be nice if the game stopped randomly flinging headless bodies at high speed when I leave buildings in Freeside.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1129 on: January 10, 2012, 11:59:03 AM »

Neat little video for you Skyrim guys   TeddyR

Small | Large
!

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
BTM

« Reply #1130 on: January 10, 2012, 03:59:56 PM »

Well, like always, I'm waaay behind on all the interactive entertainment.  I don't have a computer anymore, but I recently acquired a PS2 my niece was kind enough to loan me, so I've been playing that a lot lately.  (Before that I was strictly a old school PC gamer nut, mainly cause I couldn't afford a newer PC to play the latest stuff.)  Course, the upside to all this is I can play all kinds of awesome games that are usually $10!

Except of course for some games that I've got an interest that are still going for $20, 30, sometimes even 40(!) dollars.  I guess it's a combination of them being rare and cult favs or something, I don't know.  (For example, any of the games related to the Persona series.)

Anyway, right now I'm playing Final Fantasy 12, which is pretty neat.  Been at it for about six hours of game time, so that means I've probably gotten through about .05 percent of it.

Elsewhere, I'm also going through The Suffering, a horror game where you play a guy who's on Death Row when suddenly a bunch of monsters invade the prison and start killing everything that moves.  I wonder though if anyone, while playing, has counted up the number of dead guard corpses.  Get this weird feeling that even for a prison that size, there guard prisoner ratio must be like 40:1 or so... :)

Recently finished Devil May Cry 1.  Awesome game, can't say enough about it.  The graphics are really great even though (I think) it's one of the older PS2 games.  Only nitpick though I have storywise is in a climatic part of the game (MILD SPOILERS) Trish turns out to be working for the bad guy (END SPOILERS).  And this somehow comes as a SURPRISE to Dante.  Wait, this is the same girl who IMPALED YOU with your OWN sword when you guys first met, has been mysteriously absent throughout most of the game, and that you've known for all of what, a few hours, maybe?  And you're SURPRISED by this?  Man, Dante, you're not too bright.

So, yeah, that's what I've been doing. 

Anyone have any PS2 recommendations? 

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1131 on: January 10, 2012, 05:37:30 PM »

Anyway, right now I'm playing Final Fantasy 12, which is pretty neat.  Been at it for about six hours of game time, so that means I've probably gotten through about .05 percent of it.

I think I was at about 99 hours when I finished that game.  A huge favorite of mine   Thumbup

My all-time favorite PS2 game was probably Drakan The Ancient Gates.  Big open world action RPG type thing.    Plenty of hack 'n' slash combat, you level up your weapons and armor, and can choose to specialize in melee combat, magic or archery.  Or dabble in all three.  Just tons and tons of different environments in the game, a really likable main character, you can fly around and do battle on the back of a dragon, and it's a pretty darned long game too.

Small | Large
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 05:41:54 PM by Jack » Logged

- Paulo Coelho
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #1132 on: January 11, 2012, 10:32:28 PM »

I just joined the XBOX 360 crowd. My first game is Alice: Madness Returns. So far I am enjoying it immensely. But then again, I'm crazy, too.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1133 on: January 12, 2012, 12:42:40 AM »

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin on my sister's DS, nearly done with it and loving it! Thumbup

yeah no.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1134 on: January 12, 2012, 08:22:41 AM »

Currently being worn out by this:

InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #1135 on: January 13, 2012, 09:07:50 PM »

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin on my sister's DS, nearly done with it and loving it! Thumbup

I was searching for this game.  Glad to hear it is good.

Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice
* Currently working on four seperate cases: Hit-And-Run, Murder, Noodle Cart thef, and panty thief.  Two of these things are not alike.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1136 on: January 14, 2012, 12:11:27 AM »

Threw this on in recent days.  I forgot how much a pain the last part of St. Francis' Folly is.  Sure is fun falling a dozen stories and hearing Lara scream before she crunches in a heap, though.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1137 on: January 14, 2012, 09:27:16 AM »

SKYRIM Dilemma . . . .to slay Parthenaax, or not to slay Parthenaax - that is the question!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1138 on: January 15, 2012, 08:37:23 AM »

Been playing Dragon Age 2 for a while now.  I think I must be getting close to the end.  It's a medieval fantasy / RPG game.  I'm having a really good time with it, mostly for it's story and characters.  You play as a person who's city has been wiped out by the blight (an invasion by evil forces that took place during the first game, Dragon Age Origins).  So you come as a refugee to a new city, and over the course of the game progress from a lowly nobody to the Champion of the city.  The main story deals with the mages, who are distrusted by society due to their ability to use magic, and their resentment of efforts to control them.  There's really no right or wrong, just different people with different priorities. 

Gemeplay is good, mostly just button mashing but that's okay.  The inventory system has been somewhat simplified from the first game, which has both good and bad points.  Overall I don't really mind I guess.  The quests, and innumerable sidequests, are what make the game.  They're all interesting and every time I think I'll do one more 20 minute quest, it ends up having five additional parts and next thing you know it's two hours later and I'm still not done   TeddyR

- Paulo Coelho
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #1139 on: January 18, 2012, 06:31:19 AM »

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.