Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 09:06:00 AM
712939 Posts in 53041 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 819155 times)
Venomx73
« Reply #1230 on: June 24, 2012, 09:21:44 AM »

BattleToads is insane.

I never beat it. And, if playing with friends, we just attack each other.

and if my memory serves me correctly... Super Nintendo's BattleToads was the most difficult.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1231 on: June 24, 2012, 09:32:52 AM »

BattleToads is insane.

I never beat it. And, if playing with friends, we just attack each other.

and if my memory serves me correctly... Super Nintendo's BattleToads was the most difficult.

I don't recall playing it on Super Nintendo, but have heard it's harder.

Comix Zone on Sega was damn difficult too.  Short, not many stages, but the ones you get are so difficult to defeat.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Venomx73
« Reply #1232 on: June 24, 2012, 06:01:10 PM »

Yup, I remember Comixzone Genesis. That was also too difficult, I think I got to 'page 2' or something...

Speaking of Total Recall... did anyone ever beat that game? The NES game. Holy ravioli that was hard.
(no, I never did)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1233 on: June 24, 2012, 09:13:52 PM »

Got my platinum trophy for Lollipop Chainsaw   Smile

That was a really fun game, glad I bought it.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1234 on: June 24, 2012, 11:49:55 PM »

I got this yesterday, maybe 6 hours into it.

Got one of the coolest trophies in the game- Gorilla Thriller. Basically, you have to play as a female character and ride a gorilla up Wayne Tower. Epic is too much of a low word to describe the details of it. TeddyR TeddyR Smile

yeah no.
JoeTheDestroyer
Random Text Crapper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1235 on: June 25, 2012, 04:10:40 AM »

Played through Journey (PS3).  It's... eh, alright... (I'm probably the only person in the world who isn't gushing about it.  Well, other than Tom Chick.)

Just finished The Darkness (PS3).  Didn't like it, and will probably review it for RoG eventually.

I think I'm going to continue my playthrough of Valkyria Chronicles, though.

Latest reader review:
Crossbow (Atari 2600)
Latest staff reviews:
BC Racers (32X)
Dying Light (PS4)
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1236 on: June 25, 2012, 06:12:56 AM »

Yup, I remember Comixzone Genesis. That was also too difficult, I think I got to 'page 2' or something...

Speaking of Total Recall... did anyone ever beat that game? The NES game. Holy ravioli that was hard.
(no, I never did)

I skipped this one when it came out because I hadn't seen the film yet. Tried the Amiga version for the first time some months ago and I don't know what to make of it. The graphics and ambientation are great, but I can't get past the first stage, where you're supposed to beat a lot of bad guys with your fists before finding a gun. I like Ocean's licensed movie games as much as the next one, but the difficulty here is just ridiculously high. It's a pity, because Ocean made some terrific games on its time, "Batman: The Movie" is easily the best platformer of its era.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1237 on: June 25, 2012, 04:33:41 PM »

There's a Disney movie coming out, called Wreck-It Ralph.

Disney's licensed various video game characters to make cameos, as the film is about video games.

So far in the trailer, they had:
Zangief, Street Fighter
Eggman, Sonic the Hedgehog
Clyde the Ghost, Pac-Man
Kano, Mortal Kombat
Bowser, Super Mario
Q*Bert

Venomx73
« Reply #1238 on: June 26, 2012, 10:58:22 PM »

Right now... Bloons TD 5. Thumbup

I'm thinking about picking up Operation Raccoon City next week. It looks bad @$$!

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1239 on: June 27, 2012, 07:23:51 AM »

Been playing Final Fantasy XIII.  This game sucks.  The battle system has you combining the abilities of your party members into various combinations known as "paradigms".  This might work alright if you had three people in your party, which would provide enough variety of abilities to create some useful combinations.  Problem is, you've always got only two people in your party, which does NOT provide enough variety to create any useful combinations.  Ninety percent of the time you're just using your most basic attack and healing paradigms - over and over and over - it's repetitive and boring as hell.

But you can level up your characters, right?  No.  I'm 18 hours into it and my current level cap is at level 2.  After 18 hours  Lookingup  Leveling up is a joke - just hold down the X button as the game automatically does everything for you.   There's no choice involved - and that's the whole freakin' purpose of levelling up;  to let you choose what your character will specialize in.

But you can level up the weapons, right?  Yeah right.  You go to the store and look at a list of randomly named items.  You have no idea whatsoever if you're spending thousands of gil on stuff that will upgrade your weapon 5%, or maybe hundreds of gil on stuff that will upgrade your weapon 50%.  It's idiotic.

The characters are a bunch of emo kids perpetually whining about how their lives suck and everything is so hard.  And they're all angsty too so they argue quite a bit.  It's like the world's most boring soap opera.  The story is utter nonsense - "Pulse, Cocoon, L'sie, Fal'sie, Focus, Focus, Focus" repeated ad nauseam.  Don't know what they're talking about and I sure as hell don't care.  The cutscenes become impossible to pay attention to after an hour. 

The graphics are excellent, but the art "direction" lacks any direction.  The environments are just a bunch of random junk tossed together with no rhyme or reason.  It's like looking at somebody's nicknack collection.

But I paid $14 for this piece of sh!t, so I suppose I'll stick with it to the end.  People say it gets good...eventually.

- Paulo Coelho
Venomx73
« Reply #1240 on: June 28, 2012, 07:20:52 PM »

Imo Final Fantasy 7 > Final Fantasy XIII  Wink

It would be super sweet if they remade FF7 for PS3.
Couchtr26

« Reply #1241 on: June 29, 2012, 12:33:12 AM »

Has anyone beaten the NES game BattleToads?

Or the SEGA game ComixZone?

Nah, never could get the jumps sadly.  I remember sitting there and trying and trying but never could.  I think we tried the game genie even and couldn't get anywhere with it. 

ComixZone, I've never actually played before, but it seems to be on the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection.  I will have to give it a try. 

Imo Final Fantasy 7 > Final Fantasy XIII  Wink

It would be super sweet if they remade FF7 for PS3.

They are doing a HD remake though I'm not sure what all the info is for it. 

Total Recall, I don't think I made it too far think I always had trouble with that bum you had to fight.

I also always had trouble with Zelda II but after getting some help on the net finally know where to go which always gave me trouble. 

« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 12:38:28 AM by Couchtr26 » Logged

Ah, the good old days.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1242 on: June 29, 2012, 06:25:40 AM »

They're doing an HD re-release of Final Fantasy X.  From everything I've heard though, they have no plans to do anything with VII.

Final Fantasy XIII has finally gotten somewhat better - now that I'm 25+ hours into it.  The enemies have gotten consistently tougher, so I can't just spam the most basic attack all the time (which the game encourages you to do by giving you a perfect 5 star rating after each battle).  And you've usually got 3 people in your party, which gives you a wide enough variety of abilities to create some paradigms which are actually useful.  Since the combat is challenging now, I all of a sudden got interested in selling off all the junk I'm not using so that I can upgrade the stuff I am using (which was totally unnecessary before) and I start noticing that a certain character seems to lose health faster than the others, so maybe it would be a good idea to equip her with more defensive-based accessories, etc.

Why in the world they make you wait 25+ hours for this...I have no idea.  
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 06:28:24 AM by Jack » Logged

- Paulo Coelho
Couchtr26

« Reply #1243 on: June 29, 2012, 05:37:13 PM »

They're doing an HD re-release of Final Fantasy X.  From everything I've heard though, they have no plans to do anything with VII.

Sorry, my mistake misread something. 

Ah, the good old days.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1244 on: June 29, 2012, 06:15:22 PM »

Couch:
ComixZone is on that Sonic's Genesis game. I recently picked it up for XBox360 and forgot how hard it was.

Sadly it seems to be a cult game as most I've talked to never heard of it. But I think by the time it came out, both PlayStation and N64 were out.

I used to play it on Sega Channel.

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.