Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:07:43 AM
713330 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 821442 times)
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1275 on: September 19, 2012, 01:54:39 PM »

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (Playstation).  I'm hooked on getting as much castle percentage as possible: I've opened all rooms in both castles (regular and upside-down), and now am using a glitch to get outside the castle walls to exceed my percentage over 200%.  I now stand at over 266%.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
zeronx
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1276 on: September 20, 2012, 09:41:13 AM »

Ive been playing a little Borderlands 2 in the last few days. If you want to play on xbox live add me : Extwin. Awesom on the SOTN castle %. Amazing game :)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1277 on: September 20, 2012, 10:37:23 PM »

Golden Axe 3

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Couchtr26

« Reply #1278 on: September 21, 2012, 12:49:01 AM »

Borderlands 2 and enjoying it, love how Pandora has opened up and has more variety. 

Ah, the good old days.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1279 on: September 24, 2012, 03:26:41 PM »

Playing Skyrim and I joined the Imperial army, and I notice that my commander is voiced by Claudia Christian, who played Lt. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova in Babylon 5.  She's not one to mess with - I just say "Yes maam" and get the heck out of there   BounceGiggle  She voices about 15 different characters in the game I guess, but that's the first one where I've noticed her.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1280 on: September 30, 2012, 03:15:45 PM »

http://atari.com/arcade#!/arcade/centipede/play
spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1281 on: October 07, 2012, 11:43:23 PM »

Fallout: New Vegas
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
SkullMonkeys
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1282 on: October 08, 2012, 07:16:54 AM »

Plants vs Zombies: great game. I make a cameo appearance in this as the slightly disheveled newspaper zombie who freaks out when his paper is destroyed.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1283 on: October 08, 2012, 03:13:11 PM »

Been trying to make a Youtube video of VIDEO PINBALL (1979, Atari).  The overlay screws up the video so it's not going to work.  I used to love this game back in the day.  Since there's been so many video pinball games since, though, it's kind of dated.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1284 on: October 11, 2012, 06:47:51 AM »

Got the platinum for Skyrim

That's twenty plat's now, what a nerd  BounceGiggle

Great game, it had 6 main storylines that were all quite interesting, and a gazillion sidequests.  Pretty immersive experience overall.

Started on Uncharted 3 last night and that seems really fun so far.  Loved the first two games so I'm sure I'll enjoy this one too.

- Paulo Coelho
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #1285 on: October 23, 2012, 01:51:14 AM »

The Binding of Isaac

This Rogue/Zelda clone is one of the most mean-spirited games I have played in years, but it is fantastic.

The back story is that a religious fanatic mother heard voices to kill her own child, and that child, which is you as the player, must escape from her homicidal range by escaping into a dungeon crawl. The main game is you making you way through various procedurally-generated rooms, gathering power-ups and fighting enemies. You must fight mini-bosses, gaining power-ups until you can eventually kill your own mother.

I'm not going to lie, it is purposefully messed up. You might find a wire hanger which ups your damage, or even make a deal with The Devil to increase your chances of surviving. I can't even explain all the ways that this game is offensive to, well, everybody.

However, the game play is top-notch. The Binding of Isaac is one of the best dungeon-crawlers in years. It's amazingly balanced. The more you play the more the game opens up. Should I mention that you start out as a simple baby, but every power-up or enhancement changes the appearance of your own icon. You start out as an innocent, but by the time you get powerful enough to face the game on its own terms, your characters has become a completely debauched, almost horrific figure.

I should mention that not everything is available to you at the start. The more you play, the more the game opens up. This is one of the best games I've played in years, and I'm completely obsessed with it.

It is also completely demented. If you're familiar with Christian doctrine, like I am, this game is beyond offensive. Mean-spirited. But the game play is incredible.

This is the best game I've played in years.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1286 on: October 23, 2012, 06:55:57 AM »

Played the first third of Uncharted 3.  I dunno, it's identical to the previous games, just in a different setting.  I know precisely what's going to happen ten minutes before it happens.  Very disappointing.  There's nothing wrong with the game per se - if you've never played an Uncharted game before this would be really fun.  But since I've played this exact same game twice before, it's getting really old at this point.  Maybe it'll get better later on, if I decide to play it any more.

Motorstorm Apocalypse - arcade racer that takes place in an earthquake ravaged city.  Another very ordinary game.  I loved the previous game, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, which took place out in the forests, mountains and even volcanic valleys.  Those tracks were so fun to blast around at 100 mph.  I just don't enjoy these urban tracks at all.  They're not a good match for the arcadey driving physics that the game employs.  And there's so much crap flying at you at high speed that I'll quite often run into stuff that I couldn't even see until it was 10 feet in front of me.  The way the career mode is laid out is extremely restrictive as well, forcing you do complete race A, then B, then C, and you can't even choose what type of vehicle you want to use.  It's fun, you know, for a few days.  Nothing like the months worth of addictive gameplay that Pacific Rift had though.

Also playing a bit of Gran Turismo 5.  They add 3-5 new races every couple of weeks, and since I haven't played it in a few months I've got quite a few of them that have accumulated.  So that's fun.

I dunno, I've got quite a backlog of games, I need to go through them and find something that catches my fancy. 

- Paulo Coelho
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1287 on: October 25, 2012, 11:47:32 AM »

This:

for $10.00, it's a bargain Thumbup!

yeah no.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1288 on: November 02, 2012, 06:54:17 AM »

I'm about 8 hours into a 24 hour endurance race around the Nurburgring in Gran Turismo 5.  It's night, it's been raining cats and dogs for 7 straight hours, so I've got no traction and can barely see where I'm going.  Oddly enough it's quite addictive.   Smile

- Paulo Coelho
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1289 on: November 23, 2012, 03:41:03 AM »

Finished Assassin's Creed 3 recently. I really liked it, thought it started off great, and I love that it kept all sides in the conflict morally grey (then again, you're playing a guy raised in an isolated Native village during the American Revolution. It wasn't gonna end well for him no matter who won.) Too bad bits of it just didn't gel and the very end of the game kind of sucks; it's still going to go into my regular rotation of games that I just pick up and play over and over, though.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.