Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:04:38 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 819053 times)
Couchtr26
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1320 on: March 17, 2013, 11:30:48 PM »

Also, I recently finished Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate.  Since I'm writing a review of this game for Realm of Gaming, I'm not going to discuss my opinion here in detail, and I'll leave you with, "Not impressed."

Not surprised Castlevania has seemed to take some terrible steps for awhile now.       

Just got the new Tomb Raider haven't had a chance to play yet but plan to rectify that as I have a couple days off.

Ah, the good old days.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1321 on: March 18, 2013, 03:57:53 AM »

Back at trying to uncover more glitched areas in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. 

There are extra areas that you don't see on the map, that you can uncover by pulling off certain glitches.  The areas, once uncovered, simply appear as a white room on the map, even though you didn't enter a room.  The various tricks are:

1. Use the Sword Brothers spell next to the Confession room.  While the sword spins, turn into a bat and go through the door.  You will fly outside the castle walls and uncover some areas.
2. Get the Duplicator and equip 2 Heart Refreshes.  Jump halfway through a door and hit one Heart Refresh, and hold the other button the other HR is assigned to during the HR going off.  Repeat back and forth 23 times or so and you get to sink into the floor.
3. Use a Heart Refresh when sunk into a floor.  You will open a glitch room on the map.
4. Move so that a door is an inch or so off the screen.  Slide backwards and in the middle off the slide use 10 Heart Refreshes, one after another like in trick #2.  Then turn into a bat and carefully press up right near the edge of the screen and you fly up the wall and into the corner of the ceiling!
5. When sunk into the floor of a room that has no room next to it left or right, you can do a Wing Smash spell into the wall.  Hold Up and as you start to change back to Alucard wail on a Heart Refresh button.  You can open the wall this way.
6. If you can get outside the castle walls and stand on a roof near the top of the screen (the screen stops scrolling up), you can jump up towards the top so Alucard is partially off the screen, and do the 2nd jump (of the double jump) and hold down the Heart Refreshes, one after the other.  After 11 of them you'll open up a ceiling glitch room.
7. When outside the castle walls you can dive kick at the edges and open up more glitch walls to the side.
8. If you get stuck in the floor, equip a 2-handed sword.  Change into a wolf.  Hit the Wolf button again to start changing back to Alucard.  Now use the forward-back-forward sword thrust.  Right in the middle of Alucard going "HRAUGH!", pause and equip a library card.  Go back and QUICKLY use it as he's still in the thrusting movement.  You'll warp back to the library and therefore not have to lose any glitched rooms you'd uncovered by quitting.
9. In some areas a room will be followed by a long vertical drop to a lower area.  If you glitch into the floor before this you'll be pulled down QUICKLY as you enter the vertical area.  During the drop hold back towards the wall and use Heart Refreshes to hopefully open glitched rooms coming away from the wall.
10.  Now this is one that isn't working very well for me, and I'm trying it now: Use trick #4 and fly into the corner of the ceiling.  Now press against it and you should go to the next room the door leads to and still be in the ceiling.  Move back the last room's ceiling.  Now get to a point where if you tap back the other way you'll appear in the next room's ceiling.  Now, tap away from the door once and tap back, so you're still in this same room.  Press Start.  Hold the Bat button while pressing Start again.  You'll cycle back and forth between the rooms VERY quickly.  Eventually you'll revert back to Alucard and fall down from the ceiling and onto the ground.  Before this happens you want to wail on the Heart Refreshes.  If you used the Square button (the left button) as you appeared in the room on the left, the right ceiling glitch room should appear, and using the Circle button (right button) in the room on the right should open the left ceiling glitch room.  Doesn't seem to work too well..

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1322 on: March 18, 2013, 06:24:36 AM »

I just started on Oblivion yesterday, since everybody else here is playing it  Smile  I loved Skyrim so I think I should enjoy this too.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #1323 on: March 18, 2013, 07:03:55 AM »

I just started on Oblivion yesterday, since everybody else here is playing it  Smile  I loved Skyrim so I think I should enjoy this too.

And I just started on Skyrim since everybody else in the world is playing it.  TongueOut I like the way some things are done in Oblivion better than in Skyrim, but I am enjoying Skyrim quite a bit right now, in a "I'll never ever get anything done again" kind of way.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1324 on: March 18, 2013, 08:21:56 AM »

Killed Umaril the Unfeathered last night---at least, in his physical form.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Couchtr26

« Reply #1325 on: March 18, 2013, 05:43:19 PM »

And I just started on Skyrim since everybody else in the world is playing it.  TongueOut I like the way some things are done in Oblivion better than in Skyrim, but I am enjoying Skyrim quite a bit right now, in a "I'll never ever get anything done again" kind of way.

Mentioning that, I preferred the way the inventory was done in Oblivion but prefer magic much more in Skyrim. 

Lara Croft is 18 and on an island off the coast of Japan.  I thought she crashed in the Himalayas according to the first one?

Ah, the good old days.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1326 on: May 07, 2013, 03:57:10 PM »

Still playing Oblivion and loving it.  Just closed my first Oblivion gate and I'm working my way up in the Mage's Guild.  Bought a house in Bruma.  Nice house, but it's in a rather snowy climate up there and there's no fire in my fireplace.  I mean, c'mon - I paid 10,000 gold and then 1,600 gold for each of the 7 or so decorating packages.  In medieval currency that must be about enough to buy my own kingdom, but I don't get a damned fire in my fireplace?   Hatred

Other than that it's going good though.   Thumbup

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Couchtr26

« Reply #1327 on: May 07, 2013, 07:10:58 PM »

DayZ

Ah, the good old days.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1328 on: May 10, 2013, 11:18:12 AM »

GTA IV and EFLC.

yeah no.
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #1329 on: May 11, 2013, 08:25:12 PM »

So that was the pain I felt the other night?   Buggedout

The Knights Of The Nine was a short but fun quest.  So if you defeated me in my physical form, you must have invaded my home of Garlas Malatar on the western banks of the Abecean sea. How do you like my sense of decoration?     Twirling
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #1330 on: May 11, 2013, 08:29:48 PM »

Anyhow, right now I'm playing a lot of old time games thru the compatibility ode of Windows...Thief and Thief 2,  the original Max Payne, and a few real-time jobbers like Majesty, Seven Kingdoms, and Tzar:Burden Of The Crown.
As for more modern games, Red Dead Redemption and the Undead Nightmare and the Painkiller collection. As for the older games, all I have to say is thank God for Windows Compatibility mode!  Cheers Cheers
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1331 on: May 14, 2013, 02:02:46 PM »

Double Dribble (arcade)- Terrible controls and a cpu opponent that steals the ball almost all the time and barely ever gives it up.  Not fun.
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)- Fun game that I'm trying to use the "Get Outside The Castle" glitch on.
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1)- Still the best of the series.  Once you get that Crissaegrim, the game is absolutely easy.  Still, the most weapons and items to choose from, and I'm still trying to get more percentage through the "outside the castle" glitch.  Almost to 400%.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
cqmorrell
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1332 on: May 27, 2013, 04:32:18 PM »

Been playing a lot of older and sometimes obscure roms via MAME. Among others, Fighting Layer (a Japan-only fighting game featuring two characters from Street Fighter EX), Night Slashers (an amusing, gory beat-em-up by Konami) and Dragon Master (which is by far the worst fighting game I've played in my life).
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #1333 on: May 28, 2013, 01:09:39 AM »

I just downloaded the new Call Of Juarez title, Gunslinger over Steam for $14.95. Not too bad. The game has gone back to good old grass-roots gunslinging and shootouts, and is a lot of fun to play.
There's an arcade mode, AND a special Duel mode where you get 7 chances to defeat as many opponents as possible. I'd say get this one if you've been a long-time fan of the series, as it more than makes up for the last COJ entry, "The Cartel."  Anyhow, great game!   Twirling
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1334 on: May 28, 2013, 08:32:44 AM »

So that was the pain I felt the other night?   Buggedout

The Knights Of The Nine was a short but fun quest.  So if you defeated me in my physical form, you must have invaded my home of Garlas Malatar on the western banks of the Abecean sea. How do you like my sense of decoration?     Twirling

Oh, that was months ago. By now I've killed your spirit on the plane of Oblivion too.  Wink

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.