Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:31:04 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 818977 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1335 on: May 28, 2013, 09:27:19 AM »

Been playing some Gran Turismo 5 because I got excited about Gran Turismo 6 being announced.  Finally got 100% completion for the game (which isn't the same thing as getting the platinum trophy) after I finished the 24 hours of LeMans race - that took about 3 months lol.  They add a few extra races every week or two and a bunch of them have accumulated since I last played it, so I've been going through those.

Should get back to Oblivion one of these days though.  My racing fix has pretty much been satisfied now.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #1336 on: May 28, 2013, 04:16:31 PM »

Killed Umaril the Unfeathered last night---at least, in his physical form.

So that was the pain I felt the other night?   Buggedout

The Knights Of The Nine was a short but fun quest.  So if you defeated me in my physical form, you must have invaded my home of Garlas Malatar on the western banks of the Abecean sea. How do you like my sense of decoration?     Twirling

Oh, that was months ago. By now I've killed your spirit on the plane of Oblivion too.  Wink

Haha  Cheers
One thing I thought was cool about that fight, was hearing Umaril speak in his native Ayleid as he was attacking you.  And the atmosphere inside Garlas Malatar was nicely done...Umaril's throne room with the blue-flame braziers on top of the two crypts,  and the throne with the other two blue-flame braziers on either side was a nice touch!

Odd though that the Aurorans would keep coming back no matter how many times you killed them, unless they were reborn time and again in the Oblivion fires. I guess they're bodyguards without their king, in a way. Nice money you can get for their weapons too!
Couchtr26
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1337 on: May 30, 2013, 12:09:13 AM »

Warband, also finally got around to purchasing Rise of Legends. 

Ah, the good old days.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #1338 on: May 31, 2013, 01:03:06 PM »

Dark Souls. A lot of Dark Souls.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1339 on: June 07, 2013, 06:35:59 AM »

Been playing Resistance 2 for a couple of evenings.  Take cover, shoot the enemies, advance down the hallway.  Repeat ad infinitum. 

- Paulo Coelho
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1340 on: June 07, 2013, 07:52:53 PM »

Been playing Resistance 2 for a couple of evenings.  Take cover, shoot the enemies, advance down the hallway.  Repeat ad infinitum.  
Sounds like CoD in single player.
OT- I've been playing Saints Row 2, it's fun but has some very dark cut scenes.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 08:01:53 PM by El Misfit » Logged

yeah no.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #1341 on: June 09, 2013, 09:20:17 PM »

Been playing Resistance 2 for a couple of evenings.  Take cover, shoot the enemies, advance down the hallway.  Repeat ad infinitum.  

SR3 is considerably more campy and goofy

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1342 on: June 10, 2013, 10:52:34 AM »

I've seen a few let's play and it looks bad. SR4 is going to be worse

*****Spoiler*****

You are now the President of the US and have super powers to try to defend off an alien invasion.

Yeah, if SR3 was goofier, try having a dubstep gun and superpowers to defend off an alien invasion. What kept SR2 good was writing, SR3 didn't have enough writing to balance out the goofiness of the game. Oh and SR4 is a game based off a DLC that wasn't released for SR3, so it has the same graphics.

yeah no.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #1343 on: June 10, 2013, 04:58:41 PM »

I've seen a few let's play and it looks bad. SR4 is going to be worse

*****Spoiler*****

You are now the President of the US and have super powers to try to defend off an alien invasion.

Yeah, if SR3 was goofier, try having a dubstep gun and superpowers to defend off an alien invasion. What kept SR2 good was writing, SR3 didn't have enough writing to balance out the goofiness of the game. Oh and SR4 is a game based off a DLC that wasn't released for SR3, so it has the same graphics.

While goofy I did enjoy Saints Row The Third. More for game play reasons than all else though.

Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #1344 on: June 12, 2013, 12:45:44 PM »

Skyrim:Legendary Edition

Thank the Good Lord, no more glitches, quest loops, and none of those stupid looking opaque waterfalls in Whiterun or Markarth. I did however lose one member of Whiterun when vampires killed Ulbreth War-Bear, husband of the smith Adrianna Avenici. But I am now a member of the Dawnguard, so vampires beware!  Great game, and I got it for only 29 bucks (trade in credit.)   Love it!  Cheers
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1345 on: June 19, 2013, 06:23:59 PM »

I just added DAWNGUARD and DRAGONBORN to my SKYRIM game.  Haven't even touched DAWNGUARD yet, but DRAGONBORN is AWESOME!  To actually return to Morrowind - to see Red Mountain belching smoke and ash in the distance - to see a Silt Strider again - is just awesome, and on top of that, the storyline so far has been very engaging, with all manner of nifty stuff in terms of artifacts, books, and weapons to add to my inventory!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #1346 on: June 23, 2013, 12:59:26 PM »

I just added DAWNGUARD and DRAGONBORN to my SKYRIM game.  Haven't even touched DAWNGUARD yet, but DRAGONBORN is AWESOME!  To actually return to Morrowind - to see Red Mountain belching smoke and ash in the distance - to see a Silt Strider again - is just awesome, and on top of that, the storyline so far has been very engaging, with all manner of nifty stuff in terms of artifacts, books, and weapons to add to my inventory!!!

Dude, Dawnguard is a TOUGH game!  The Dawnguard armor you get is absolutely awesome though, and gives you several protections against contracting Vampiris Sanguinis as well as the addition of a crossbow into the weapons system.  The Dawnguard shield reflects damage form vampires and any Dawnguard weapon does extra damage to vampires.

The crossbow does uber damage, but is very slow to reload and can put you in a position of vulnerability (as many reloads on my part have proven, lol)  BUT, find yourself high ground, and some protection, and the dead and the living bad guys will fall quickly with the crossbow. I killed a bandit at Valtheim Keep with 2 shots once!

Good luck with Dawnguard man, you're gonna' NEED it!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1347 on: June 23, 2013, 03:25:07 PM »

Playing Fallout New Vegas.  I thought it was a pretty mediocre game the first time I played it, but I downloaded the "World of Pain" and "New Vegas Bounties" mod's and between them they add a ton of new quests and locations.  Exactly what the game needed  Thumbup 

- Paulo Coelho
Couchtr26

« Reply #1348 on: June 30, 2013, 03:29:00 AM »

Playing Fallout New Vegas.  I thought it was a pretty mediocre game the first time I played it, but I downloaded the "World of Pain" and "New Vegas Bounties" mod's and between them they add a ton of new quests and locations.  Exactly what the game needed  Thumbup 

I'll have to try some, my biggest problem with New Vegas was it never felt run down or destroyed enough.  Too bright and society was reforming.  That was one thing I appreciated in Fallout 3, you felt more isolated and alone. 

Ah, the good old days.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1349 on: June 30, 2013, 07:03:17 AM »

I'll have to try some, my biggest problem with New Vegas was it never felt run down or destroyed enough.  Too bright and society was reforming.  That was one thing I appreciated in Fallout 3, you felt more isolated and alone. 

Yeah I think that was my big problem with New Vegas too.  Fallout 3 was a very atmospheric post-apocalyptic world, while in New Vegas it was like everyone had fully adjusted to it, they were just living in a big slum that happened to have a few giant fire ants roaming around.  The whole sense of mystery and discovery was absent.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.