Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:05:13 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 821584 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1650 on: December 25, 2014, 09:37:14 PM »

Comix Zone. 
Mega Drive Longplay [027] Comix Zone Small | Large

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
JoeTheDestroyer
Random Text Crapper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1651 on: December 30, 2014, 05:07:44 PM »

I'm still plowing through Assassin's Creed 2, Arc Rise Fantasia, and Chrome, and I scratched Geneforge 2, Saira, and Reus off my backlog (having finished the first two and decided that the third just isn't my bag).  I had to take a break from those games to play some review assignments I picked up through HonestGamers, mainly three Steam games: Dungeonmans, Metrocide (review for that is currently in my sig), and Road Not Taken.  Long and short: Dungeonmans is awesome, Metrocide is meh, and Road Not Taken would be great if it weren't so randomized.  I also just received a review code for Natural Doctrine on PS4, but haven't played enough yet.

Having polished off a few games that I was playing earlier, I'm currently hitting:

Small | Large

Athena (NES), which is terribad so far.  This isn't my first time playing it, either.  I attempted to get through this travesty back in the '90s, but lacked the fortitude to make it through.  I might do so this time.

Rating thus far: 2/10

---

Small | Large

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS4) is easily the best Lord of the Rings game I've played.  Not that there's much competition.  The only other titles I've touched were the Two Towers game from last decade (which was pretty meh) and the SNES RPG, which sucked.  [On a side note, I have heard some good things from a few people about Lord of the Rings Tactics for PSP, so I may pick that up at some point.] This one is a really addictive blend of Assassin's Creed and Crackdown, with a slight hint of Dynasty Warriors. It's open world, there a variety of missions--both storyline and side--and the game plays with ease.  Its stealth elements are very forgiving and combat is structured such that you can, if you're attentive enough, take out whole swarms of orcs and uruks pretty easily, but still get your s**t wrecked if you're not careful.

Rating so far: 10/10

---

Small | Large

Guacamelee (PC) pretty much splices Metroid with light arcade beat 'em up elements. You can explore a world laid out like the aforementioned platformer, whilst discovering new wrestling moves that grant you access to inaccessible areas.  My only complaint so far has been that combat feels pretty repetitive.  You use a lot of the same strategies regardless of what you fight, and that can get very tiresome. I do like the art design and all around concept, though.

Rating thus far: hard to say

---

Small | Large

I haven't played much of Space Panic (Colecovision), but I intend to plug a few more sessions into it before reviewing it at HG. It's pretty much what an arcade-style game should be: addictive, decently paced, and challenging.

Rating thus far: I haven't played much, but based on what little I have experienced, I'd say 8/10

---

Small | Large

And finally, Bermuda Triangle on Atari 2600 has caught my eye, and I'll be reviewing that eventually as well.  I like that it's pretty much a simplified version of Defender (I'm not sure which game came out first honestly), but not so downgraded as to be a disappointment.  It's been a pretty fun score attack title thus far.  I like that there are no definite levels; the game progressively climbs in difficulty rating as you play.

Rating thus far: 8/10

Latest reader review:
Crossbow (Atari 2600)
Latest staff reviews:
BC Racers (32X)
Dying Light (PS4)
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1652 on: December 30, 2014, 06:29:41 PM »

Just polished off VS. Super Mario Bros. (the arcade version of the NES classic).  Next up:
SUPER SPRINT (1986)
Classic color update of the 70s racing series, in which you try to get through numerous laps on a fixed-screen track.  Up to 3 players can race at once.
The very similar CHAMPIONSHIP SPRINT I believe makes it only 2P simultaneous play and has different tracks.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
VenomX73

« Reply #1653 on: December 30, 2014, 06:32:22 PM »

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS4) is easily the best Lord of the Rings game I've played.  Not that there's much competition.  The only other titles I've touched were the Two Towers game from last decade (which was pretty meh) and the SNES RPG, which sucked.  [On a side note, I have heard some good things from a few people about Lord of the Rings Tactics for PSP, so I may pick that up at some point.] This one is a really addictive blend of Assassin's Creed and Crackdown, with a slight hint of Dynasty Warriors. It's open world, there a variety of missions--both storyline and side--and the game plays with ease.  Its stealth elements are very forgiving and combat is structured such that you can, if you're attentive enough, take out whole swarms of orcs and uruks pretty easily, but still get your s**t wrecked if you're not careful.

So, Im a LOTRs fan - I should like this then? I like Dynasty Warriors style games.
I was thinking of buying this from Steam for the PC. I'm gona try to max it @1440p.

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
JoeTheDestroyer
Random Text Crapper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1654 on: December 31, 2014, 03:44:47 AM »

So, Im a LOTRs fan - I should like this then? I like Dynasty Warriors style games.
I was thinking of buying this from Steam for the PC. I'm gona try to max it @1440p.

I wouldn't say it's exactly like Dynasty Warriors, but it does bear some similarities, mainly in that you do get swarmed occasionally (although it's not usually recommended), you have crowd control techniques at your disposal, and there are higher ranking enemies (captains and warchiefs) who drop goodies.  Unlike DW, there's a fair amount of stealth, so it really depends on how you feel about that.  Personally, I think the game presents stealth better than most.  If you're spotted, it's not hard to slink away and hide for a bit, and it doesn't take ten years for your foes to decide that you've run off.  You can also climb structures, a la Assassin's Creed except much smoother, which really helps as far as sneaking away goes.

As far as the LOTR license goes, I'm not sure how other fans would react to it. The orcs and uruks look pretty much like they were lifted from the movies, plus Gollum plays a part in the storyline (the game is supposed to be set between the events in The Hobbit and LOTR).  One thing I noticed is that the developers invented some of their own enemies (caragors and graugs). 

Latest reader review:
Crossbow (Atari 2600)
Latest staff reviews:
BC Racers (32X)
Dying Light (PS4)
VenomX73

« Reply #1655 on: January 01, 2015, 09:55:19 AM »

Ok. Thanks for the info, Joe  Thumbup

retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1656 on: January 03, 2015, 04:10:25 PM »

RENEGADE.  Super-tough fighter which, in Japan, is related to the games SUPER DODGE BALL, CRASH 'N THE BOYS, RIVER CITY RANSOM, and many others.  The Japanese version stars a high school student beating up the gangs that victimize his friend.  He is also the protagonist of the aforementioned other games.  In the US version of RENEGADE he is changed to a street fighting punk-type, trying to rescue his girlfriend.  The protagonist (known as Kunio-Kun in Japan) is given an American name in the US versions of the spinoffs.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
VenomX73

« Reply #1657 on: January 03, 2015, 08:13:57 PM »

I cant wait for Mortal-Kombat X

Mortal Kombat X Killer Instinct: MKX Guest Character Info Revealed

Please let the guest characters be... Predator and Spawn

etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1658 on: January 05, 2015, 03:37:17 AM »

I am trying to play through the original Thief. To me still an unbeaten classic.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1659 on: January 05, 2015, 06:39:14 AM »

I've been playing a bit of Skyrim again.  Finished the vampire DLC (again) so those pesky guys would quit killing off my peaceful townsfolk in Whiterun.  Got my smithing skill up to 90 so now I can make Daedric armor and weapons.  I should finish up that Falskaar mod, that would be a good project to start on next.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
JoeTheDestroyer
Random Text Crapper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1660 on: January 06, 2015, 06:51:38 AM »

I'm about to start playing Natural Doctrine on PS4 for a review, and I'm honestly not looking forward to it.  I've heard nothing but bad about this game, and given NIS's current track record, I wouldn't doubt it.

Small | Large

I also replayed Monster in My Pocket on NES for an October review.  Yeah, I'm starting them very early this year.  I aim to get through a ton of Alone in the Dark and Legacy of Kain games, so I need to get this show going ASAP.

Small | Large

Once these bad boys are out of the way, I've got The Wolf Among Us that I need to do for an overdue review at RoG, and I'll probably start both the first Alone in the Dark and Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain.

Latest reader review:
Crossbow (Atari 2600)
Latest staff reviews:
BC Racers (32X)
Dying Light (PS4)
VenomX73

« Reply #1661 on: January 09, 2015, 08:25:15 PM »

Marvel Vs. Capcom 3

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1662 on: January 14, 2015, 12:36:52 PM »

Rogue Legacy - A Metroidvania style game where you rage until you pop your head because there are too many enemies and not enough health. It's a seriously good game, one of the best, if not the best, Metroidvania games I have ever played.it's hard, but so rewarding. Fluid controls, tough challenges to make you rage, awesome soundtrack, and just a good ol hard to beat game.

yeah no.
JoeTheDestroyer
Random Text Crapper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1663 on: January 16, 2015, 06:31:17 AM »

I've wanted to play more of the games on my backlog, but right now I'm stuck playing more review projects.  I want to say a lot about Citizens of Earth, but it's unfortunately a pre-release review.  Sorry.  I played a bit of BC Racers on Sega 32X, and boy is it cruddy.  It doesn't handle very well and for some reason you can only attack to the right and not the left.  Also, it's difficult to tell where you're going sometimes because the graphics are basically a mess of pixels.  It feels like a game that would have been better off on PlayStation, maybe one generation after that on Xbox (where it would have doubtlessly been regarded as a shovelware title just the same).  No thank you, I'll stick with Mario Kart and Cel Damage for cartoony racing.

Latest reader review:
Crossbow (Atari 2600)
Latest staff reviews:
BC Racers (32X)
Dying Light (PS4)
VenomX73

« Reply #1664 on: January 25, 2015, 03:29:24 PM »

Resident Evil HD Remastered for PC from Steam

Ultra set+1440p = Absolutely gorgeous...
WAY better looking then the old GameCube 'remake'.

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.