Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:36:43 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 821474 times)
etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1710 on: June 10, 2015, 09:03:40 PM »

Just got a Raspberry Pi with the intention of making it into an emulator for old Snes games [and eventually arcade games]

Is there enough computing power in a Raspberry Pi? If so, this is a great idea: archlinuxarm + zsnes + a nice controller (suggestions?) + a tv, and you have a whole video game saloon in your pocket (well, a part of the tv of course).
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1711 on: June 10, 2015, 09:28:50 PM »

Is there enough computing power in a Raspberry Pi? If so, this is a great idea: archlinuxarm + zsnes + a nice controller (suggestions?) + a tv, and you have a whole video game saloon in your pocket (well, a part of the tv of course).

Haven't had the time to try it properly yet but currently fitted with retropi [its a raspberry pi 2 model b] and loaded a few games up and it seemed to run ok. Mind you because the controllers didn't work I couldn't get beyond the initial intro screen of each game, though the animations and sounds seemed to work just fine. Only plan on using it for older arcade games and snes so not really looking at needing much computing power.

End game, am hoping to build some arcade stick/buttons, house the raspberry pi in it and simply wire up to a TV as I don't really have the space for a stand up arcade machine. For now its a mock snes console.

Will touch base as the project moves forward!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1712 on: June 10, 2015, 11:59:06 PM »

BOTTOM OF THE NINTH (Konami, 1989)
Arcade game of baseball.  Sucks to have to wail on the button to run around the bases.  The fielding is probably the most flawed facet of the game.  Still better than any other arcade baseball game at the time.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1713 on: June 11, 2015, 12:39:43 AM »

Mind you because the controllers didn't work I couldn't get beyond the initial intro screen of each game, though the animations and sounds seemed to work just fine.

Perhaps you should test more using a usb keyboard. It is not as original as the real stick, but it should be fine for testing. Anyhow I am interested, keep touching bases :)
dean

« Reply #1714 on: June 11, 2015, 01:17:13 AM »

Mind you because the controllers didn't work I couldn't get beyond the initial intro screen of each game, though the animations and sounds seemed to work just fine.

Perhaps you should test more using a usb keyboard. It is not as original as the real stick, but it should be fine for testing. Anyhow I am interested, keep touching bases :)

I shall!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
VenomX73

« Reply #1715 on: June 15, 2015, 06:05:30 PM »

E3 footage.

Battlefront 3 Hoth Multiplayer Gameplay

Small | Large

DOOM - E3 2015 Gameplay Trailer

Small | Large

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
retrorussell

« Reply #1716 on: June 15, 2015, 11:09:41 PM »

CADASH (1989 Taito)
Kind of cool RPG-type arcade game.  Select from a Fighter, Mage, Priest or Ninja and save a kingdom from an evil wizard.  Level up your fighter with experience, collect gold, buy items/weapons/armor, yadayada.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1717 on: June 16, 2015, 02:40:32 AM »

CADASH (1989 Taito)
Cadash! I played it to the death! It is a very nice game, playing with the cleric was by far the easiest.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1718 on: June 20, 2015, 12:11:32 PM »

I've been playing the old Pro Skater games for the new Pro Skater game, Pro Skater 5. I finished Pro Skater 3, bought Pro Skater, ordered Pro Skater 4 along with a PS1 memory card, and got Pro Skater 2 as an early b day present.

I also have been playing Sly 1 and 2, finished 2 a while back, thinking of replaying it. Still haven't finished 1 because of the jet pack controls.

Finished Midnight Club 1 in a day (!) and recently finished 3 Remix for the second time.

yeah no.
retrorussell

« Reply #1719 on: June 20, 2015, 02:21:30 PM »

Just finished playing ARCH RIVALS (Bally/Midway 1989), a game of basketball in which you can punch the opponent!

Now moving on to BUSTER BROS. (Mitchell/Capcom 1989).  Interesting game where you must burst deadly bubbles with a grappling hook.  The game is also known as PANG.

zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #1720 on: June 22, 2015, 12:46:59 PM »

I rediscovered Grand Theft Auto V after I deleted it from my XBox 360 hard drive months ago after finishing it. I had forgotten how fun and immersive that the story to the game actually is, and I haven't even gotten around to unlocking Trevor again!

Also been playing a lot of XCOM: Enemy Within for XBox 360. Another addictive game!

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #1721 on: June 30, 2015, 02:09:24 PM »

I'm playing all three beginning to end and importing my character every time.

I own ME1 and ME2 on Steam.

Since I hate EA and don't want to install Origin I just pirated ME3.  Twirling

retrorussell

« Reply #1722 on: June 30, 2015, 05:26:33 PM »

UN SQUADRON, 1989 Capcom
Horizontally-scrolling shooter with nice graphics and music.  Level up your plane's weaponry by collecting numerous "power up" icons.  Based on the manga AREA 88, and known outside the US by that title.  Also, buy new weapons in the shop before missions!

cqmorrell
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1723 on: July 02, 2015, 11:16:42 AM »

Some friends from DeviantART gifted me games on Steam for my birthday, quick rundown time.

Blade Kitten: Platformer in a futuristic setting featuring a sword wielding, bounty hunter catgirl as the protagonist. Anyone who knows me even a little bit knows I'm very happy over the latter part.
Dust: An Elysian Tail: Amnesiac warrior wanders his realm with a talking sword and probably the cutest companion ever  Smile
Lego Worlds: From all appearances, it looks (and plays like) Lego mixed with Minecraft. Haven't even scratched the surface of it yet ...
One Finger Death Punch: Haven't played it yet, but from Youtube video it looks satisfyingly gruesome, probably will enjoy it.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #1724 on: July 03, 2015, 01:42:35 PM »

Dust: An Elysian Tail: Amnesiac warrior wanders his realm with a talking sword and probably the cutest companion ever  Smile

Remind me to get back to that game. I keep forgetting.

! No longer available Small | Large

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.