Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:15:41 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 821472 times)
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1770 on: June 10, 2016, 02:12:11 PM »

Just played: SUNSET RIDERS

Now playing: TERMINATOR 2: JUDGEMENT DAY

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Couchtr26

« Reply #1771 on: July 07, 2016, 02:41:28 PM »

Ark and Elite Dangerous

Ah, the good old days.
Lucifer
New Visitor

« Reply #1772 on: July 30, 2016, 09:19:20 AM »

Dragon Age Origins
Batman Arkham Asylum
BREELROYALTY
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1773 on: August 17, 2016, 01:50:10 PM »

I've been enjoying the 80's Dr Mario, I just bought a Retron 3 and it was awesome but the NES pins broke after a week. I sent it back to the manufacturer. Other than that I am trying to get into No Mans Sky.
VenomX73

« Reply #1774 on: August 22, 2016, 02:57:54 PM »

WWE 2k16 PC

so far best Wrestling game I'v ever played next to Wrestlefest arcade.

Earthquake, Perfect, Bushwackers, Jake, Bossman and Warrior... so many to choose from!

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #1775 on: August 23, 2016, 02:26:38 PM »

Sven Co-Op: An old mod for a game called Half-Life that features too much new content to even list! It's also free and no longer requires Half-Life.

Garry's Mod: A sandbox game that's really a mod for the game Half-Life 2. The community is not something you want to get involved with, but the content that people make for it is fun.

Pokemon Go: Pretty sure everyone on the planet has heard of this game by now, and some people grump about how so many people play it because it's hurting them or something. It's a fun and mindless little free cellphone app that allows you to catch "Poket Monsters" or "Pokemon" for short. Only problem is that the monsters run away more often than they should now and GPS frequently loses signal.

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1776 on: August 27, 2016, 03:23:48 PM »

The cool NEO GEO classic, NINJA COMMANDO.
! No longer available Small | Large

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1777 on: August 27, 2016, 07:34:05 PM »

Still playing Oblivion, which is the game I believe I was playing when I signed up for the forum. I have done almost everything there is to do, so I will probably be moving on to Skyrim soon. That should take me through the rest of my life.  TeddyR

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1778 on: August 27, 2016, 11:14:18 PM »

I've wasted hundreds of hours on OBLIVION and SKYRIM, but this summer both have taken a back seat to DARK SOULS 3, the most diabolically difficult video game I have ever played.  BUT - tonight, for the first time, I killed the dragon in the Dragon Barracks!!! Yay me!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
messedup
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1779 on: August 28, 2016, 04:36:26 AM »

Finally coming around to play Far Cry Primal. Takes a little bit of getting used to, because it's somewhat different from the older Far Cry Games made by Ubisoft. But after some time you know what you have to do and it's pretty fun to play. Not as good as FC3 or 4 was, but overall good game.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1780 on: August 28, 2016, 09:30:09 AM »

NO MAN'S SKY

The trouble with No Man's Sky is not that it's a bad game, just a hopelessly over-hyped game.

Here is the truth as I see it.

NMS is a bravely imaginative concept (thirty billion-billion----30,000,000,000,000,000,000, if my zeroes are right----explorable planets in a scaled galaxy, each of which is filled with seas, caves, mountains, plains, every inch of which is visitable, plus orbiting moons, space stations, fleets of cruising ships, pirates, traders, black holes, asteroid fields, stars, etc. wrapped in a mystery of why a super-advanced galaxy-wide civilization collapsed and disappeared) launched by far too small a design team (in other words it is an indie title) that was weighted down by expectations no video game could live up to. (Rather like roaring hype that hamstrung The Phantom Menace when it hit theaters years ago.)

There is too much repetition in NMS's  gameplay, the creatures and planets are usually not very interesting, you are called on to do EXACTLY the same tasks over and over, and only about one planet in ten is so noteworthy you find yourself wanting to be there. (I have seen one that was a dead-ringer for Hawaii, if Hawaii had day-glo colored foliage, and another that was so like the highlands of Connaught it was worth two hours of roaming, trouble is about four times in five you find yourself on a desolate frigid rock in space that holds almost no appeal, and many of the remaining 20% just aren't real eye-catching.)

What would have made this title a true classic is planets with continents, vast oceans, sandy deserts, redwood forests, ice caps, interesting ruins, more bio-diversity that really matters (not just taking a dinosaur and sticking six goat arms and deer antlers on it).  If the game was more concerned with exploration and less on survival it would draw more people.

I have to cut this short but I could go on and on.

I will say in closing I never encountered a more hyped game or a game that failed to live up to that hype more than NMS does, and it serves to show you what word of mouth can do in the internet age, because not only have sales dropped something like 800% in two weeks, but it is right now filling used gaming stores when you normally don't see that volume of trade-in for at least a couple of months.

My advice? Think twice before getting it, make sure you know what it is, and don't pay more than twenty bucks for it, because it's worth twenty bucks, just not seventy like we shelled out for it.

In any event, happy exploring!

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #1781 on: October 01, 2016, 01:01:35 PM »

^
Very true.

The only thing I would add is that NMS is a true sandbox game: Just like playing in a sandbox, your enjoyment is based on what you make of it. I pretend to be a miner, so I strap on some cool music and blast asteroids for the ore and sell it so I can upgrade my ship so I can carry more ore...you get the idea.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
Beelinelife
New Visitor

« Reply #1782 on: October 05, 2016, 05:08:30 AM »

Hi everyone. I am new. Wanna say, that i play League of Legends. Summoner name is also Beelinelife at EU west. Lets play together. I am gold/platinum
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #1783 on: November 09, 2016, 09:50:48 PM »

Resident Evil: Revelations 2

Replayed the first Bloodrayne game, and man...did that game not age well.  I had forgotten how clunky the controls were.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Jim H

« Reply #1784 on: November 09, 2016, 10:24:32 PM »

I just beat the original Contra for the first time.  Well, first time without the Konami code.  It's a great game, but I have to say I think it is a bit overrated - I've heard it called a near flawless masterpiece, but I think it has a messed up difficulty curve and the front facing levels have significant issues.  Still a ton of fun.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2

Replayed the first Bloodrayne game, and man...did that game not age well.  I had forgotten how clunky the controls were.

Did you try juggy mode?  It's so dumb that it's worth trying for five minutes.

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.