Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:13:00 AM
714199 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 824694 times)
AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1815 on: May 30, 2017, 08:33:56 PM »

Cool!  I played Persona 3 FES addition and really liked it (at least the first story.. The Answer add on I wasn't as big into.) I'm told the Persona pretty much "love one, you'll love them all" so I'm sure that one must be cool as well.  :)
AoTFan

« Reply #1816 on: May 30, 2017, 08:40:50 PM »

I bought Dragon Quest: Origins on GOG for pretty cheap.  Been trying to get into it for awhile.  It's funny, I chose as my first character a female Elf fighter, not realizing that my first party (after the "breakout" quest) would consist of TWO fighters and a thief.  So, I kinda wish I'd chosen a magic user for more variety.

Anyway, the game... I dunno.. the graphics are pretty good and the game isn't too bad, but something about Bioware's style of rpg games makes them a little hard for me to get into. It's the same reason I had trouble becoming immersed in Baldur's Gate, another earlier game by the company.  It's just the whole "pause, select some things for characters to do, move a few characters around" unpause, see what happens, pause again, try to figure out how to tell these a***oles to retreat cause you're getting pounded (still new to the game, maybe there's a "runaway now" button I'm missing), unpause" etc, style of combat just doesn't really "grab" me.

I guess when it comes to RPGs I've got more used to the Oblivion "in your face action" style of gaming or old school turn based style.  Still, only been a few hours, so I'll give it a few more tries.  

Meantime, been trying to get some of my older games to work under the new Windows 10.  DosBox (at least to me) isn't the more intuitive piece of software to use, so even with it I'm still having some trouble.  I've talk to some people and they're just like, "Well, just buy them online!"  I'm sorry, I don't' feel I should have to pay $20 for a game I already own! (Looking at you, Civilization 4).  
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 12:54:25 AM by AoTFan » Logged
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #1817 on: July 05, 2017, 01:49:59 AM »

Cool!  I played Persona 3 FES addition and really liked it (at least the first story.. The Answer add on I wasn't as big into.) I'm told the Persona pretty much "love one, you'll love them all" so I'm sure that one must be cool as well.  :)

It's really good, especially in terms of gameplay.
But the story is overall inferior to Persona 4.

If I had to tier the Persona games I've played from best to worst (Excluding PQ and P4A/P4AU):

Persona 4
Persona 5
Persona 3

Keep in mind I love all of them. Although I really only liked the PSP version of P3.
Not being able to control my team and the tiredness mechanic wore my patience thin quickly.

The best version of P4 is Persona 4 Golden but that's only available on PlayStation Vita, which few people own.
In fact P4G is the only Vita game I own. The rest of the games on my Vita are PSP titles. (Including P3P)

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #1818 on: July 05, 2017, 11:02:12 PM »

As for what I've been playing more recently:

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1819 on: July 15, 2017, 07:13:53 PM »

Viscera Cleanup Detail, a relaxing game about cleaning up after alien/robot/rituals attack. It's probably the goriest game I ever played.

yeah no.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1820 on: August 08, 2017, 10:03:54 AM »

Finally got around to buying Total War: Warhammer a few weeks ago (just as the sequel came out). Been playing around with it and completed it as the Orcs and Dwarfs. The human factions seem to be much harder to win with, but that could just be my play style.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
JoeTheDestroyer
Random Text Crapper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1821 on: August 19, 2017, 07:14:16 AM »

I recently finished Dragon Age: Origins for the first time, then started one of its expansions, Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening. 

Other than that, I've been digging into Fire Pro Wrestling World via Early Access, Victor Vran, and Transistor.  They've all been wonderful.

Latest reader review:
Crossbow (Atari 2600)
Latest staff reviews:
BC Racers (32X)
Dying Light (PS4)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1822 on: August 19, 2017, 03:15:38 PM »

Did you have any problems with importing items over into the expansion?

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #1823 on: August 19, 2017, 03:58:08 PM »

Recently sold what I thought was all of my PS3 games. Turns out I forgot one, and damn glad I did. It was "Sacred 2", and I have been playing the snot out of it. Massive open world. More missions than I care to undertake. Nice randomly-generated loot drops. And your character's look changes with each new piece of armor/weaponry.

I wish someone would make a game like this for the PS4.

Sadly enough, we get the powerful PS4, and suddenly everyone wants to create 8-bit games for it. WTF?!?!

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
JoeTheDestroyer
Random Text Crapper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1824 on: August 25, 2017, 05:03:02 AM »

Did you have any problems with importing items over into the expansion?

A few of my pieces of equipment disappeared, including my protagonist's helmet and Wade's armor.  Thankfully, I didn't actually need any of it to get through Awakening, but still...

Latest reader review:
Crossbow (Atari 2600)
Latest staff reviews:
BC Racers (32X)
Dying Light (PS4)
Pacman000
« Reply #1825 on: September 15, 2017, 11:21:46 AM »

Jurassic Park - The Lost World (PS1/Action)

Postby pacman000 » August 13th, 2017, 7:27 pm

(Yes, I copied this from another forum I have an account on.)

HOW LONG IS THE 3RD LEVEL OF THIS STUPID (albeit, well-crafted,) GAME???

Alright, I'll be a bit more serious. I picked this up a few weeks ago, because I wanted a game about dinosaurs, because Jurassic Park games usually aren't bad, and because it just looked cool. I've had fun with it, but it is very challenging; the 1st few levels are as difficult as some of the last levels of Crash Bandicoot! Playing as one of several dinosaurs (or a human in a few levels) you must make your way across an island by running, jumping, and fighting other dinosaurs. I haven't even made it past the 3rd level; as I said before this game is HARD.

The graphics are on par with Crash, tho in this game movement's restricted to a 2D plane with a few branching paths. That disappointed me; the package promised a fully 3D environment. There are few clipping problems, and it looks like the developers used one of the PS1's higher resolution graphics modes. There are some points where foreground elements (bushes, trees, whatever) block your view. Sometimes that creates an added challenge (is a raptor hiding behind that bush?) It can be annoying, however, when you can't see yourself when trying to hop onto a narrow ledge.

There are a lot of tricky jumps in this game and falling a great distance will cost you health. It really hurts to jump off a platform, land, then loose a bunch of health because the game decided you jumped too far. I suppose it's more realistic, but it's not fun, and it doesn't seem fair when you were just trying to hop over a raptor who's parked at the bottom of the cliff.

Enemies are dumb. They're programed to chase you, but they can't handle most environmental obstacles. You can stand on one side of a tree root and watch a raptor walk towards you forever. It'll never realize that it has to jump over the root. Enemies can also be tricked into jumping off cliffs fairly easily. I guess they aren't good at the game's jumps either. Silly, but useful.

This game is hard. There's nothing wrong with that. It's good to be challenged from time to time. Arcade games were hard; they provided a good challenge, but they had short levels. The first two levels of this game aren't that bad; they're challenging, but short, like a good arcade game. The third level is long. It's challenging, but it wears out its welcome. Still, I'll probably play this again. I want to beat it.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1826 on: September 15, 2017, 12:03:29 PM »

Dishonored: Death to the Outsider

The good news: It's what you were expecting!

The bad news: It's what you were expecting...

The protagonist in DDTTO, Billie Lurk, once the regicide Doud's right-hand (veterans will get that pun) woman, returns here for her third outing, but in my view was never all that interesting a figure and I am disappointed that it was she who was brought aboard in this latest visitation to the Kingdom of the Isles. Likewise semi-tropical, sunshine-caressed Karnaca was never on the same level as the rainy, foggy, steampunk London surrogate that was the first Dishonored's setting of Dunwall, which was a second mistake.

Beyond that, this ten-hour stand-alone game doesn't make many other errors. The new weapons, new abilities (listen-in on the thoughts of street rats!), and new foes are all fun until you reach the ending, which disillusions us all as to the back story of the void-dwelling Outsider, revealing one of the more interesting figures from 2010s gaming mythology to be little more than a cult's sacrificial victim.

DDTTO is worth its unpretentious price tag of thirty bucks (which is about what the equally hyped No Man's Sky should have been last year) but unless you're a mega-fan, wait and snag a used copy.

All said and done, this is a solid but slightly shallow game with a protagonist I could not feel good about, that rates about a B-.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Pacman000
« Reply #1827 on: September 19, 2017, 03:25:09 PM »

Bust-A-Move Millennium on the Game Boy.

I finally have a version of Puzzle Bobble for my favorite game system!  TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1828 on: September 19, 2017, 04:40:34 PM »

Salt and Sanctuary, it's tough as screws and is probably the hardest game I have ever played

yeah no.
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #1829 on: September 19, 2017, 07:32:15 PM »

Salt and Sanctuary, it's tough as screws and is probably the hardest game I have ever played

Yeah, I bought that, seemed to do okay at first, then it was like the Fist of God rabbit punching me. After the fifth or sixth death, I just gave up. Went back to Bejeweled 3.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.