Main Menu

What Video Games Are You Playing?

Started by Mr. DS, October 28, 2007, 10:58:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olivia Bauer

Started playing the remake of Resident Evil 2 on PS4.
Sadly, the PS4 fan was super loud with dust and I can't get the damned thing open to clean it. I'll schedule an appointment to fix it soon.

Too bad, it was really awesome.

ER

Quote from: A.J. Bauer on August 05, 2019, 12:21:11 PM
Sadly, the PS4 fan was super loud with dust and I can't get the damned thing open to clean it. I'll schedule an appointment to fix it soon.

I'm not sure how much cleaning will help, because it didn't in our case and we were told a design flaw in PS4 is the loud fans. Almost makes some games unplayable. We were also  told that's been corrected in PS5's structure.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

pennywise37

just bought horizen zero dawn but i have not installed it yet

Rev. Powell

Still playing Skyrim. For the foreseeable future. I still have to finish the Companions, Stormcloaks, College of Winterhold, Thieves' Guild, and Dark Brotherhood plot lines.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Olivia Bauer

Quote from: ER on August 05, 2019, 01:26:55 PM
Quote from: A.J. Bauer on August 05, 2019, 12:21:11 PM

I'm not sure how much cleaning will help, because it didn't in our case and we were told a design flaw in PS4 is the loud fans. Almost makes some games unplayable. We were also  told that's been corrected in PS5's structure.

I called a repair shop. They said they'll probably need to replace the entire fan for $100. I'll take it in tomorrow.

Olivia Bauer

Went to a different repair place that only asked for $50. When we got to the first place it was in "a bad part of town" as Mom put it (A friend of hers was mugged in that area). The building itself kinda looked like a drug den.
She wasn't comfortable going in so we went to a less sketchy place that turned out to be cheaper. I'm sure it was a legit business but I'm glad we went somewhere else. Mom is more comfortable and I saved $50. We just got lunch and checked it in at a more reputable business.
It's currently getting repaired.

Olivia Bauer

PS4 is up and running again. I'll play RE2 later tonight.

Svengoolie 3

I'm at the final mission if starcraft 2 wings of liberty. It's gonna be a maternal fornicator it look like.
The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.

ER

We haven't bought any new games since the aggravating but still reasonably fun Fallout 76 last November, and when I've played at all lately it's been digging out old titles.

After a summer of going retro with Dark Souls 2, first with a mage and then a cleric, and last week doing a five-hour speed-running through Dishonored, I suddenly got a hankering to revisit Skyrim, and I noticed my last save was June 2018, so it'd been a while, but picking up and playing it is like reconnecting with a beloved book on a comfy old chair.....that regularly tries to kill you.

Fun to wander the landscape and see what comes along. A classic game that never gets tiring. I also encountered a dragon just beyond Whiterun that didn't look like any I remember running into, a sort of creamy bronze with a white belly.

Sometimes I think the gaming industry has peaked and the best titles have already been put out there, but as long as the classics stay fun, I'm good with that.

ER

Sitting here right now watching my cousin explore the Euclid  galaxy, 603 light years from the core, on No Man's Sky, the most vast video game ever created. I passed through the core in 2017 and when she gets there we're going to look for each amid the procedurally generated wasteland of space.

pennywise37

Gears 5 which is a pretty damn good game

Alex

Since my computers are down I am playing Fallout 3 on one of my Playstations.
Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.

Rev. Powell

Still Skyrim. Finished the Companions questline but I'm still working on a very long side quest I ran into (the Aetherium forge).
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Gabriel Knight

Since many of my old friends came back to the game for this ocassion, I'm playing WoW Classic right now. Although I'm still on the regular WoW, the PvP there is mind blowing.
Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2

pennywise37

i've been sick all weekend so i haven't played anything