Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:27:53 PM
713375 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Wedding Crashers (2005) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wedding Crashers (2005)  (Read 6336 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: November 03, 2007, 09:35:04 PM »

WEDDING CRASHERS (2005) - Owen Wilson, Vince Vaughn, Christopher Walken, Will Ferrel, Rachel McAdams, and Jane Seymour star in this extremely fun comedy. So many moments here that make this a comedy they couldn't all put into a single commercial like many comedies. It was like the Owen Wilsons film YOU, ME, AND DUPREE (2006) only funnier. Took me a long time to rent it, but was glad to have viewed it. I saw the "uncorked" version.

(8 Out Of 10 Stars)  Thumbup Thumbup First time I really notice Vince Vaughn in a film.

[youtube=425,350]http://youtube.com/watch?v=BchoV-6UHI8
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 09:41:06 PM by Scott » Logged

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 10:22:03 PM »

I bought it when it was first released on DVD after hearing so many good things.  I watched about 15-20 minutes until a 5 minute montage of the two characters going to weddings.  I couldn't take it anymore.  The film was not funny or enjoyable by that point and I turned it off.  Haven't attempted to watch it since.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Scott

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 08:29:38 AM »

Well......I guess it's really the romance of Owen Wilson and Rachel McAdam who plays the Secretary of Tresuries daughter that makes this work. Owen Wilson has the ability to play a likable nit wit. In this one he becomes a master wedding crasher.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 09:15:20 AM by Scott » Logged

dean

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 08:55:02 AM »

Don't forget this one has Mrs Borat in it, the young Isla Fisher.  Started life on a 7pm slotted soap opera, now she seems to be doing well for herself.  She was by far the best character in the movie [sure, my thing for Red-heads helps]

Though the best line is Will Ferrel screaming for Meatloaf.

And yes I enjoyed the film.  Nothing fancy, but a fun way to pass a couple of hours.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Scott

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 08:57:49 AM »

Yep, she was good also and funny.  Thumbup

And so was Jane Seymour.

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 10:59:51 AM »

I'll have to give this thing a chance then.  I might see about popping it in today if I can make it through the handful of Netflix that came in yesterday.

Isla Fisher = Hot as Dean mentioned.

Jayne Seymour is also still very good looking of her age.  Both of these ladies will be the main reason for me watching the flick.   Wink

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 01:02:47 PM »

I saw Wedding Crashers in the theaters when it came out.  Hilarious. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Torgo

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 11:20:55 PM »

I thought that the 1st hour and a half or so was pretty funny.

The last 30 minutes go a bit too serious and the laughs became more infrequent during that stretch.

But overall, I would give it a *** out of ****.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 08:39:25 PM »

It was funny, not the funniest movie I've ever seen but it was a keep for the comedy collection. I enjoyed it.

Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 01:30:19 AM »

I saw the "uncorked" version when my sister loaned it to me, liked much more than I thought I would. The right mix of goofy humor, crude humor & nudity, with a little bit of heart for me. The montage of them crasing various weddings and bedding their conquests had me rolling with the dancing, popping champagne corks, and hitting the sheets. No, no symbolic imagery there hammering home the point.

Even Will Farrell didn't annoy me for once, his typical schtick was prefect for his supporting role.

As much as I liked it, I also knew not to look at it too closely, because the ending really shouldn't be considered happy. Look at the family Vaughn marries into, they are such a mess, I'm not sure any girl is worth all that. But some hot cougar action with Jane Seymour might be worth the trouble.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Scott

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 11:38:06 PM »

Yep, I think it's a good mix with a bit of heart, the crazy family, and comedy. I think that is also why MEET THE PARENTS works so well.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Wedding Crashers (2005) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.