Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:15:22 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How Tall Are You? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: How Tall Are You?  (Read 29383 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2008, 12:26:48 PM »

I was pushing 180lbs 2 years ago and I am 5'8" or so (previously stated in thread).  My cholesterol needed to be lowered so I wiped out anything containing high amounts of high cholesterol and sat/trans fat.  Now I'm a steady 155-160 thanks to my diet.  I eat a lot of chicken and tuna.  I do eat fat free candy/snacks in moderation.  Neither has had much effect on my weight/cholesterol suprisingly. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2008, 08:27:01 AM »

5'8 1/2"
164.5 lbs (Overweight)

At 5'8 1/2", 170 lbs., I'm distressed to hear you call yourself overweight... but a lot of what you should weigh for your height depends on age, build, and amount of muscle versus fat, rather than just pure height/weight ratio.   

I should explain to why I say I am overweight.  I haven't been able to work out not for about 2 years so most of the weight that I have put on in that time is fat so that is why I say I am overweight.  I lost a good chunk of weight since January of this year (I was about 183 when I had my third surgery and I was down to about 170 or so when I went back to work (during that time back my weight have gone up and down though) and have been on the path to get my weight back down to what I was weighing before I got my current job 2 and half years ago (I was at 140 lbs when I started.  I will admit a lot of the weight gain was due to poor eating habits and lack of exercise due to illness after October of 06.

I'm working right to correct my eating habits (Less soda which I can get down to once a week or none a week, less fast food, etc) since I can't exercise still and probably won't be able to until the end of the year or the start of the next year.  I'm losing some weight now and I will try my hardest to get the rest of it off once I can exercise again.

Now if I was at my current weight and it was mostly muscle then I wouldn't call myself overweight because most of it would be muscle instead of most of it being fat.

We're the same height and I once weighed 220... now that's really letting yourself go!

When I lost the extra weight, I went down to 150 and actually looked way too thin... guant, in fact.  160-165 looks about perfect on me.  I have a stocky build, broad shoulders and a barrel chest, and a too-narrow waist looks bad on me.

Cutting out soda is probably the 2nd best thing you can do to lose weight, after exercise.  Making the transition to diet soda can be hard, but you get used to it after a while.  And if it's just caffeine your after, developing a taste for coffee is a great idea.  Not only does it supply you with all the caffeine you need, but it's truly a delciacy with an amazing variety of subtle flavors and variations.  Just remember to stay away from those Starbucks milkshakes that pretend to be coffee but are really just fat-based cream drinks with a light coffee flavor. 

Good luck losing the weight, and recovering in general. 

I don't drink Diet Soda.  I pretty much stay away from that at all costs as I don't like the flavor.  I hate Starbucks so I don't drink nothing from them.  The surgeon said today that I'm getting closer to getting healed so I was happy about that.  I also lost about a 1.5 lbs so that brings me down to 163 LBS so I'm getting closer to where I would like to be which is around 130-140 LBS.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2008, 08:46:12 PM »

I'm about 5'3".  Over 5', under 5'5".  I know that for a fact.  About 120 pounds or so.  Being short sucks at times, but it helps out in situations, like at work if the boss asks me to do something.  All I gotta say is, "Sorry, I'm too short."  And they move along to the next guy. TeddyR

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2008, 08:43:11 AM »

Boy, I could go on for hours about THIS topic.

I'm about six foot five/six (not sure where, think it depends on if I'm wearing shoes or not.) 

If I had NICKEL for every time someone asked me, "How tall are you?" or (in junior/high school), "Do you play (football/basketball/sports)." I could retire on my own private Caribbean island.  As I've gotten older though, people ask me about my height less and less, and I haven't been asked if I played football since about two years ago when I attended my first ever college party (and that's another funny story, but I'll save it for later.)

What really sucked is, among other things, I just was NOT interested in sports, that was my older brothers gig, and I freaking HATED my brother at the time, so being asked about playing sports just constantly reminded me of him (the fact we looked rather similar and mom kept repeating to anyone who'd listen how we were, "following the same growth chart" didn't help either.)

Only sports I liked they either didn't really play much, or I wasn't good enough to be on any teams for (if you're curious, bowling, volleyball, and swimming were sports I enjoyed.)  Being excessively tall kind of sucked because it made me stand out even more than usual, and I was picked on rather hard throughout junior high (course, it wasn't being tall, it was a billion other things, my slight speech problem, certain facial features, my hugeass feet, being overweight, you name it.) 

Anyway, except for getting stuff down tall shelves, I don't think being excessively tall helps a hell of a lot.  Why?  Two words: door frames.  Or ceiling fans.  Light fixtures, all these and more I've banged my head against because most damn houses were designed for midgets.  Not to mention if you're tall and heavyset, people think for some you've got huge muscles and never tire, so they automatically want to stick you in jobs where you're constantly moving and lifting heavy s**t.  It's like, "Well, gee, we've got this heavy box of anvils we have to move... I know, let's get Mike to do it!" 

And what really sucks is I'm told I tend to intimidate people (never really understand that until I finally meet someone taller than myself, then it's, "Whoa, holy crap!  Not used to this!")  Problem is, I only seem to intimidate people I DON'T want to intimidate... They say statistically taller guys have a way easier time getting girls than short ones, and I guess in general that's true, but me being heavy kind of cancels that out.

In my case, I think a lot of women are intimidated by my size.  (Plus the fact I'm real tall makes them nervous too.  Smile

But, anyway, that's my take on it.  Tried numerous times to lose weight, without much success, but, again, that's another thread...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 07:50:01 PM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2009, 05:36:35 PM »

5 ft 8"

Yeah, go on.
Laugh at shorty  Bluesad

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2009, 06:52:59 PM »

5 ft 8"

Yeah, go on.
Laugh at shorty  Bluesad

To be that tall,I'd have to stand on a ladder! I can play handball against the curb! I can walk under a snake without ducking!I can pick a penny off the sidewalk without bending over!

I like the fact that alot of the "new" guys are renewing these older threads...kinda neat!  Smile

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2009, 08:00:27 PM »

I'm about six foot five/six (not sure where, think it depends on if I'm wearing shoes or not.) 

If I had NICKEL for every time someone asked me, "How tall are you?" or (in junior/high school), "Do you play (football/basketball/sports)." I could retire on my own private Caribbean island. 
I can sympathise, I'm just under 6ft 7"...the one I get usually is "how's the weather up there?". you have to laugh it off with an enforced grin , which is hard to do for the 5867 billionth time at someone who truly believes they are the first person to ever to point out your height to you...grrr... [/rant]

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
BTM

« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2009, 11:30:58 AM »

I can sympathise, I'm just under 6ft 7"...the one I get usually is "how's the weather up there?". you have to laugh it off with an enforced grin , which is hard to do for the 5867 billionth time at someone who truly believes they are the first person to ever to point out your height to you...grrr... [/rant]

Actually, I heard a good response to that.  When someone says, "How's the weather up there, spit on them and say, 'It's raining up here!'"

:)

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2009, 11:42:13 AM »

Actually, I heard a good response to that.  When someone says, "How's the weather up there, spit on them and say, 'It's raining up here!'"

:)

hahah.  Thumbup

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Torgo

« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2009, 06:05:44 PM »

I'm just a hair under 6 feet tall. I think my official height measurement is 5 feet 11 1/2 inches.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
CaptnTripps
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2009, 06:51:34 PM »

im 5 foot 6, short and stocky. wish I was taller. Bluesad

"Look at this! It bit me, i've been savaged"
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2009, 08:30:45 PM »

Just a hair under 7 feet.

If by "a hair" you mean "14 inches".
BTM

« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2009, 07:50:48 PM »

Just a hair under 7 feet.

If by "a hair" you mean "14 inches".

Oh, hey, some good shoes and you'll be there!  :)

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2009, 10:46:55 PM »

When I was younger I was talking to my 1st cousin who is mutant at 6'11.5" and I'm of average height of about 5'11" He reversed the old "How's the weather up there." and asked me "How's the weather down there." ... I punched him dead in the nuts and dropped him to his knees and then I said "I don't know how is it?" Then my grandmother beat my butt. so it all evened out.

meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2009, 11:44:23 PM »

I'm 6' 1" to 6' 6" depending on the convenience store I happen to be leaving at the time.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How Tall Are You? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.