Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:59:55 PM
714317 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Clip: Ron Paul (R) on jay Leno « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Clip: Ron Paul (R) on jay Leno  (Read 14302 times)
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2007, 02:53:58 PM »

Isolationism? Policing? I'm against both of these.

Say "Yes" to One World Government. Using all U.S. resources and energy to create true equality amongst mankind. Land for access. Manifest Destiny.  Wink

You're against policing but for using US money and resources to run the world?  Doesn't that count as policing?  Also, why should we be the ones to lead a world government?  I'm sure other countries would love to.

Just playing devil's advocate there.

My opinion is that all of you are wrong.  Then again, I'm sure my ideas are probably wrong as well.   BounceGiggle

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2007, 02:56:22 PM »

The nation that is strong enough and able enough to accomplish the task would be the one to adopt the nations of the world. Trading their land and resources to the new world of future technology. If they don't surrender they will either be conquered or left in the dark ages.  Wink

Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2007, 03:06:53 PM »

The nation that is strong enough and able enough to accomplish the task would be the one to adopt the nations of the world. Trading their land and resources to the new world of future technology. If they don't surrender they will either be conquered or left in the dark ages.  Wink

Scott,

That idea never fails to fascinate me.  The idea of Manifest Destiny in this day and age is not one that you hear often.  Karma for thinking very uniquely.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2007, 11:25:21 AM »

If there is resistance you could use non-lethal EMP weapons to put them in the dark for years until they as a nation they decide to join the one world government. Becoming citizens of the world. If the people of a nation seem willing the nation taking on the burden of a fleeing people can just go in and take out the government. In exchange for access to the new world they would give up their land. Ousting the corrupt officials and aleviating the suffering of a small nation that will never ever have the collective resources to ever get out of debt to Western nations. Instead of fleeing their homelands poverty and corruption they would become citizens of the new world and be free to travel to multiple designated lands where needed. Incentives of newly developing modern places. Their would be mandatory mass migrations of people to break up any old world continuity. By that time the laws of no racial incest would be in place. People would inter-marry and/or be relocated to new and interesting places while others from the burden baring nation would invest and occupy their former forfeited lands. A new world for the eventual new people. Eventually all people will be one people. All came from "Adam" and all will return.

Fortunately all people will eventually blend together. Whether by laws or God/Man/or Nature mankind will eventually become one flesh again. Why should the world prolong or deny it?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 11:54:53 AM by Scott » Logged

Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2007, 11:57:05 AM »

I caught an interview with Ron Paul today on Face The Nation.  He seemed very down to earth, and I like a good bit of his ideas.  I don't agree with his anti-abortion position, but that's a small complaint.  He did pretty well in the interview but when asked if he was suggesting that we just put a wall around the US and huddle all of our troops here, he said that would be an ideal situation.  I know he meant it figuratively but still.....

He suggested shutting down our overseas bases and such and bring every service person back here.  I don't quite agree with that either.  I'm all for partial isolationism but removing our presence in all countries would make for a fatal mistake.

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2007, 12:08:52 PM »

I'm all for partial isolationism but removing our presence in all countries would make for a fatal mistake.

I understand what you are saying and I don't disagree with you, but you know and I know that in today's global economy it would never work. It's far to complex to explain in a post, but I bet you already know.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2007, 09:46:26 AM »

I don't see how removing our troops from around the world would do anything but save us a s**tload of money and cause way less problems. 

and again, isolationism refers to TRADE.  if it referred to the military every country in the world would be isolationist.  do you think Iceland has troops in Africa? 

it's the eporer's new clothes.  that's a trick the government has used since the dawn of time.  everythign will be terrible if we get rid of this ridiculous beaorcracy or that one.  all the rich people will take advantage of the poor people.  the roads will fall apart.  perverts will be free to pervert around.  the fact is, that's the way it is NOW  WITH a 3 trillion dollar federal budget.

I'd recommend checking out "the politically incorrect guide to the constitution" sometime.  we have lost sight of what made us great.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Clip: Ron Paul (R) on jay Leno « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.