Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:06:25 AM
713405 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst Movie robots « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Worst Movie robots  (Read 12239 times)
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2007, 03:30:22 PM »

I like Bob and Vincent.  They may seem a bit cartoony, but the ultra-happy minibots make for a start contrast to Maximillian, the shocktroops, and the zombidroids.  It makes them more effective IMO.  I'm an unabashed fan of THE BLACK HOLE, so you have to take my comment with a grain of salt.
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2007, 04:32:45 PM »

This is the worst movie robot of all time:

From Santa Claus Conquers the Martians...

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2007, 07:35:13 PM »

The Ice Robot from LOGAN's RUN. If this was made in 1940...I could understand but...!

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y5KcW4JfaE

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2007, 08:35:21 PM »

I'm an unabashed fan of THE BLACK HOLE, so you have to take my comment with a grain of salt.

Me too. For a Disney movie, it actually has a lot other space operas of the time didn't have. The Cygnus, a sprawling mass of windows and trusses. A slicing, dicing, demonic-looking robot. An ending where the villain winds up in Hell. And my personal favourite - the opening with the wild theme music and the grid animation. But I still find the Slim Pickens robot a bit silly. Now, if he wanted to engage in nuc'lar combat, that would put him up a couple of notches.

I do have to confess that I sometimes quote VINCENT's line that "a pint cannot hold a quart."

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Dave M
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2007, 12:39:49 AM »

The one from the Kris Kristopherson movie "Millenium". I was almost yelling in the theater, "Holy crap, that robot sucks!" Couldn't find a picture though.

"Go with him. Take a chance."
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2007, 01:12:37 AM »

I could'nt find a picture of them, but those dumbass poetic robots from "Star Oddysey" were horrible, but then again, that whole movie was horrible, exept for that one scene with the boxing robot knocking the tar out of some poor shmuck human.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2007, 05:15:45 AM »

The one from the Kris Kristopherson movie "Millenium". I was almost yelling in the theater, "Holy crap, that robot sucks!" Couldn't find a picture though.

I'm deeply injured, sir:   Wink

http://badmovies.org/movies/millennium/index.html

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
RapscallionJones
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Grim & Frostbitten

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2007, 11:53:20 AM »

I'm an unabashed fan of THE BLACK HOLE, so you have to take my comment with a grain of salt.

Me too. For a Disney movie, it actually has a lot other space operas of the time didn't have. The Cygnus, a sprawling mass of windows and trusses. A slicing, dicing, demonic-looking robot. An ending where the villain winds up in Hell. And my personal favourite - the opening with the wild theme music and the grid animation. But I still find the Slim Pickens robot a bit silly. Now, if he wanted to engage in nuc'lar combat, that would put him up a couple of notches.

I do have to confess that I sometimes quote VINCENT's line that "a pint cannot hold a quart."
Oh, man.  I was absolutely terrified by that movie when I saw it as a little kid.  I couldn't have been older than four when my dad took me to see it.  While it hasn't aged well, I still think it's a remarkable Disney movie in that it's essentially a Hammer Horror movie in space.  Quatermass and the Black Hole, maybe.  The Cygnus is this sprawling, gothic space ship.  Dr. Reinhardt could have been played by Peter Cushing.  The whole thing is spooky as hell and has that trademark Hammer "all hell breaks loose" ending.  I love it!

The Robots ARE crappy, though.

Also, that Lugosi robot is crappy, but I have always loved its head.  It has those floppy stove-pipe arms and s**t but that face is intimidating.  It was probably salvaged from some other movie.  I wonder where from.

Visit the b-movie blog
http://www.cinema-suicide.com
The required Myspace profile
http://www.myspace.com/cinemasuicide
Dave M
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2007, 10:50:11 PM »

> I'm deeply injured, sir:  

Hmm, I guess I didn't look that hard after all.

When I saw that movie in the theater, I could have sworn the robot cried at the very end. That's one of my favorite bad robot cliches. T2 and Blade Runner both notably reference it at the end.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2007, 11:44:55 PM »

This one takes the prize:
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ErOqYD-i3Q
KRONOS!

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2007, 07:06:36 AM »

I saw a small part of Heartbeeps when I was off in the summer.  I could only handle like a little bit of it, otherwise I think I would have went stupid.
Bmeansgood
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2007, 07:59:52 AM »

Sorry if this blackhole theme has hijacked this thread, but all this talk about the movie made me dig out my old VHS copy and watch it last night.  I think it has aged well.  You just don't see many creepy sci-fi movies where the suspense is created by something other than a rubber or CGI alien.  The best part is that this movie was made by Disney!
D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2007, 05:51:21 PM »

I've always liked the black hole...I just think the ending could stand to be tweaked a little, as it's the only real weak point of the movie.

I'd love to see them try to re-imagine it as an all-CGI film one of these days. 
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2007, 06:39:32 PM »

I'd love to see them try to re-imagine it as an all-CGI film one of these days. 

I'm with you on that one.  The Black Hole is one of my all time favorite Sci-Fi movie (top ten at least).  There aren't enough sci-fi movies around featuring a mad scientist and his robots.  I guess the closest thing we got was Sky Captain.  (Which I like too, esp. in HD!  TeddyR)

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
Nev
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2007, 06:53:32 PM »

I'm quite surprised no one has said the bots from Chopping Mall.

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst Movie robots « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.