Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:23:46 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Horror 101 With Dr. AC « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Horror 101 With Dr. AC  (Read 2457 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: November 03, 2007, 05:54:02 AM »

Aaron Christensen, one of the gents who contributes to Kitley's Krypt, recently published a book on horror and monster movies.  I keep a reference shelf, so I am going to put this on my wish list.

Amazon.com page: (this gives me credit; if you'd rather not, search for "Horror 101" on Amazon - it pops right up)

Horror 101

As most of you probably know, I’ve been working on a little literary labor of love entitled “HORROR 101: The A-List of Horror Films and Monster Movies” for a while now.  Simply put, it is a collection of 101 essays on essential fright flicks from the early silent years all the way through to modern day.  Suspect objectivity aside, I gotta say, it’s a great resource for anyone who is already a genre fan or for newer folks just looking to dive into the horror pool but don’t know where to start.  But even more interesting than subject matter is the format:  Over the past two years, I recruited 78 different horror fans from all over the globe to contribute an essay (or two) on their favorite creature feature, thriller chiller or gorefest, resulting in an unprecedented international effort written for the fans, by the fans.

Well, the Beast is finally Born.

Thanks to the good people at Midnight Marquee, Inc., who took a chance on a bunch of no-name nutjobs, HORROR 101 is now a page-turning reality.  Over the past month, we have met with enthusiastic responses from fans worldwide, both online and at various horror conventions and events throughout October.  In the past few weeks that we have been on Amazon.com, the positive reviews keep pouring in and sales continue to rise.  In fact, Gary Svehla at Midnight Marquee contacted me on Monday to tell me that last week, he received the single largest order from Amazon that he has ever gotten for a single book in MM’s history.  All without any mass marketing or publicity blitz, just solid word of mouth.  I couldn’t be happier.

With the rising of the Great Pumpkin in the ol’ pumpkin patch this evening, it seems absolutely fitting to announce that the book is finally out there for public consumption, as well as the official “Horror 101 with Dr. AC” website. (www.horror101withdrac.com) We’ve gotten great advance praise from folks like GREMLINS director Joe Dante and scream queen Tiffany Shepis, as well as literary types like VideoHound’s Mike Mayo and CREATURE FEATURES host/author John Stanley, and hoping for more to come…  Sunday night, I was on Nick Digilio’s show on WGN radio where he called the book “a master stroke…something absolutely different and essential.  If you find yourself feeling negative about the horror genre, you need to take a look at this book.”  And Nick knows his horror…

If you’d like to pick up a copy for yourself or a friend (or both), you can either visit the H101 website or put your Amazon gift card to good use.  Plus, if you happen to live near Chicago and we can get within arm’s length of each other, I’ll be more than happy to lay a copy on you and save on the shipping costs.  The official launch will be held November 17, 2007 from 12pm – 2pm. out at Horrorbles, Chicagoland’s premiere horror/sci-fi memorabilia and collectibles store out on 6731 W. Roosevelt Rd in Berwyn, near the corner of Oak Park Ave and Roosevelt Rd.  (Located walking distance from the Oak Park stop on the CTA Blue Line)  Call (708) 484.7370 or www.Horrorbles.com for more info.

My heartfelt thanks to everyone who has been so supportive throughout the past few years as we wrestled this sucker into shape.  It’s such a pleasure to finally announce that our hard work is being received so positively.  If you are a horror fan, or more importantly, know someone who is, please pass along the good news about the book.  After all, ‘tis the season…

(We’re also on MySpace at www.myspace.com/horror101_thebook, for you MySpacing types.)

Thanks everyone, and may your trick or treating yield a low quotient of rocks in the candy bag!

All the best,

AC

HORROR 101: THE A-LIST OF HORROR FILMS AND MONSTER MOVIES is now available on Amazon.com!!  Be afraid...Be very afraid...

Discover the Horror at www.kitleyskrypt.com
Get Schooled at http://www.horror101withdrac.com

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
316zombie
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 12:43:59 PM »

i have to have this book!thanks andrew!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Horror 101 With Dr. AC « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.