Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:24:09 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  the TRIPPER(2007) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: the TRIPPER(2007)  (Read 4723 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: April 15, 2007, 10:03:12 AM »

Saw a trailer for a movie set to hit theaters April 20...called the TRIPPER. It's about a serial killer who looks like Ronald Reagan,and he kills hippies! The tagline is "Forget the trees,forget the enviormen,save yourself!" It actually looks like lots of fun! And it's got Paul Ruebens in it too!

Any comments?

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 01:23:04 PM »

I'm not a big David Arquette fan (I think he directed the "Tripper" right?) but I may give it a go. It looks like fun. The only downside is that it gets a LIMITED theatrical release on the 20th, so people in NY and LA will probably be the only ones who see it on the big screen. Who knows though, sometimes movies like this get a slightly wider release.

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 01:35:16 PM »

I kinda like the tagline..."heeeeeeeere's Ronnie!"....cuz that's my real first name... Lookingup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 12:20:52 PM »

I'm looking forward to this one on DVD especially since Ronald Reagan was the devil:

http://www.noshame.org/scripts/ristau020215.htm

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
quabrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 01:51:23 AM »

I missed my chance to see the premiere of this no more than a mile away from me at Hollywood Blvd., a great theater/eatery outside Chicago (it's too nice a place for me to say brew andf view).  They had Arquette, as well as Thomas Jane, who my friend who attended said had a little too much to drink..
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 06:02:57 AM »

Asgaard Entertainment just announced the DVD release of "The Tripper" on 23 October 2007.  Banner provided:

Has anyone seen this one yet?  I didn't find anything with a search of the forum (other than this thread).

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 07:35:08 AM »

Haven't seen it yet Andrew but my copy should be coming in from Netflix today.  I'll make sure to post a review once I've seen it.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 07:36:23 AM »

I'd been waiting to see this one for a while and rented it last week along with Fido. I enjoyed it well enough as a slasher flick, the cast did a sufficient job (could've used more Paul Reubens, but Thomas Jane was subtly great), and the gore was pretty good (no CGI! woohoo!), but I felt like the writers ruined Ronnie when... well... I won't spoil anything here. I'm posting my review for it on Monday at the Tomb, so if anyone's interested in hearing more about it, here's my shameless plug.  TongueOut

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 10:02:45 AM »

Reagan was my favorite President, so the idea of someone using him to mask a killer didn't thrill me, but that being said, this looks like a fun slasher romp . . . it's at my local video store, but I watched SPLATTER BEACH for Halloween instead!

(There has been the occasional second thought!)

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  the TRIPPER(2007) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.