Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:38:43 AM
714322 Posts in 53093 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Shooter (2007) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Shooter (2007)  (Read 6254 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: November 01, 2007, 11:41:24 PM »

SHOOTER (2007) - Loved it. Been a little while since I saw a film like this. It's not perfect, but it's definitely one to rent. This Marine sniper is asked to help his country after being left to die by 3 years prior. He gets set up by a rogue element of the government. Somehow this one slipped past me when it came to theaters. It also has kind of a RAMBO element to it. The action at the farmhouse where he takes on 20 people is a bit much.

(8 Out Of 10 Stars)  Thumbup Thumbup Interesting subject and action.

[youtube=425,350]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ogb72h4vYKU
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 11:44:16 PM by Scott » Logged

dean

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 02:15:18 AM »

I enjoyed this one, it was a good zone out and watch-it movie, perfect as I'm going to bed.  Though I must admit I have a thing for sniper films like The Jackal etc.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Khaz
Bad Movie Lover

Classic.

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 07:57:13 AM »

I was surprised how much I liked this one. Good plot pace without getting too ridiculous. Although, making an intravenous drip out of used car parts doesn’t seem like a very good idea in my books Buggedout Also, where can I get me some of those exploding beans to shoot at?

I see you are playing stupid... Looks like you're winning
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 09:41:34 AM »

I thought this movie was going to be a sequel (or prequel) to Happy Gilmore...then I found out Marky-Mark was in it... Bluesad

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 02:57:07 PM »

I thought this movie was going to be a sequel (or prequel) to Happy Gilmore...then I found out Marky-Mark was in it... Bluesad

LOL  Took me a moment to get that one.  Karma!

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 02:59:40 PM »

One of those films I liked quite a bit as long as I didn't think about it too hard.  Taken for what it is, it was great.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 03:41:56 PM »

I aim to please.   BounceGiggle

Thanks for the +K!  Thumbup

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........

Scott

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 08:32:07 PM »

I aim to please.   BounceGiggle

Thanks for the +K!  Thumbup

I still didn't get it. BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Haven't seen HAPPY GILMORE yet.

Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 08:45:54 PM »

Haven't seen HAPPY GILMORE yet.

Sandler's nemesis  is a guy named "Shooter" McGavin.  He's played by Christopher McDonald from Breakin'.

You've got to rent Happy Gilmore!  It's dumb but funny.  It's the last "great" Sandler movie.

Scott

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2007, 08:52:47 PM »

Isn't that the one with Bob Barker playing golf. If it is I've only seen part of that film.

Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2007, 09:38:34 PM »

Isn't that the one with Bob Barker playing golf. If it is I've only seen part of that film.

Yeah, he's only in it for about 5 minutes...But!  Richard "Eegha" Kiel is in the movie as well.  Not a bad way to spend an hour and 1/2.

Scott

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2007, 09:47:31 PM »

Yeah, he's only in it for about 5 minutes...But!  Richard "Eegha" Kiel is in the movie as well.  Not a bad way to spend an hour and 1/2.

Will watch for it. Thanks.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2007, 11:04:27 PM »

While as a purely ficticious movie, this one was a decent thriller, I strongly disliked the "America is the bad guy" angle it took - although I've come to expect no better from Danny Glover since he started cuddling up to the likes of Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro.  To hear Hollywood talk, America is no better than Nazi Germany!!!  But I wonder how long any of those filmmakers would last under an Islamist government!!!  OK, sorry I got too political, it's just that I'd like to see a contemporary film out of Hollywood that actually portrays the USA in a GOOD light for a change!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Scott

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2007, 07:11:08 AM »

I saw what you mean IndianaSmith. Unfortunately Hollywood has been doing this for years.

At least in this film they show the FBI as an agency that just didn't suspect our own people to do such a thing and didn't bother to look for them because of the cover up. The "bad guys" in this film were the Senator and his rogue goverment contract killers. This angle I didn't mind.

They also give us the new recruit FBI guy who tries to figure it all out. 
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 07:21:03 PM by Scott » Logged

Neville

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2007, 06:44:43 AM »

Didn't care much for this film. It has a couple of neat action scenes (the prologue, the shootout in the farm), but the plot was hard to follow and it took itself way too seriously. The scene were Wahlberg proves his innocence is extremely silly, and the Bronson-style epilogue laugable.

At least it deserves some kudos for not jerking the camera too much in the action bits.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Shooter (2007) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.