Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:50:41 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  G.I. Joe 2009 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: G.I. Joe 2009  (Read 3845 times)
Mortal Envelope
Bad Movie Lover

Manos...it's frightening!

« on: November 03, 2007, 05:02:20 PM »

I just heard that G.I. Joe is being set for release in 2009.  I also discovered there were quite a few rumors regarding the setting supposedly with an revised international Joe team with headquarters in Europe, which has naturally p**sed off a lot of American service peeps who grew up with the Real American Hero.

After reading Hasbro's site and comments on the rumors, I've discovered that's all it was -just rumors, so it seems a lot of folks are upset about much-ta-do-bout-nuffin.  Hasbro states that the film will be based on the comics and will not deviate from what we've all grown up with.  Apparently, Joe HQ will be  in the "pit" as it has always been in the comics and the story will be the classic Joe vs Cobra, as it should be.  Sounds like they're not planning to play nationalities anymore than the comics did.

Now, with that out of the way, I'm excited as hell!  I've been waiting on such a movie and preferably one that will redeem the last animated Joe travesty with Cobra Law and all that BS with Serpentor, voices by Don Johnson and all that crap.

I know it might be fun to guess who will be cast as who, but I, myself am more interested in which Joes/Cobras they're going to go with and how well they're characterized.  From what I understand, some of my favs will definitely be in the running: Cobra Commander, Destro, Barroness, Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes, Duke, Scarlett, and most likely Shipwreck. 

Let's hope for the best (which means it not being directed by Michael Bay).

COBRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 06:24:40 PM »

Is this going to be that one from the '70s that had that one big doll with the kung fu grip, or is it going to be that one from the '80s that had that series of little dolls with the two handed battle grip?

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 05:36:37 PM »

Mark Wahlberg is supposedly in the running to play Duke (he has said he wants the part). 

Don't know how the movie will turn out though, Steven Sommers ( The Mummy,Van Helsing) is now set to direct it.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
RapscallionJones
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Grim & Frostbitten

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 02:11:47 PM »

The fact that it's based on the comics from Devil's Due Publishing is pretty promising.  They've somehow managed to add a degree of legitimacy to the characters and their circumstances and not make them as juvenile as you might think it would be.  The writing in those books has, at times, been very gritty and dark.  It has one foot in a Tom Clancy novel.

Visit the b-movie blog
http://www.cinema-suicide.com
The required Myspace profile
http://www.myspace.com/cinemasuicide
dean

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 04:05:32 AM »

I just downloaded the animated movie the other day and have had the 'Cobra... COBRA!' song from the opening titles in my head since.

I never really cared for Gi Joe since the cartoons weren't really on my radar, but for some reason that movie has a rare nostalgic feel for me in that I remember the story and remember liking it, but don't remember watching it all that much.  This applies to very few movies that I remember being big fans of, but only watching once or twice when a kid [Red Sonja applies here as well]

But nevertheless, I'd watch a Joe movie.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Nev
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 12:03:00 PM »

another movie i have to see to please my innerchild no matter who is starring or directing.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  G.I. Joe 2009 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.