Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:07:20 PM
714363 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Two films "Open brain surgery" and "Snake Woman" movie? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Two films "Open brain surgery" and "Snake Woman" movie?  (Read 7178 times)
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: August 01, 2007, 06:28:31 PM »

hey guys, I'm thinking of this film I saw part of a long time ago.  There's a guy (I assume a mental patient) strapped in a chair, and metal rods hold his head in place.  The top part of his skull is missing (surgically removed, I think) and a doctor is standing behind him with a needle.  While this is going on, several people are behind a one way mirror watching the operation.

The doc says to the guy, "Do you seem him?"

Patient says, "Yes..." and we see, from his POV, some guy standing int he corner wearing bloody clothes.

Doctor presses the needle against a certain part of the patients brain.

"Do you still see him?"

Bloody guy is gone.

Patient says, "No."

And the doctor pushes the needle into his brain.  I assume this is some kind of procedure of getting rid of the patient's hallucinations or some such.

Not sure what else happens in the film.

Second film

A couple is on vacation somewhere (think they're boyfriend and girlfriend, not sure).  Guy gets injured, can't remember how, and is nursed by to life by this dark skinned lady (guessing Indian, but not sure).  Anyway, apparently the girl was made some pact with a snake god or something, she stays forever young, but any man she has sex with starts to get old fast.  In one scene she's in this field of something or other and there are all these workers with machetes cutting down plants.  She gives one of the workers a "come hither" look, they have sex, and then she leaves with the guys machete.  Camera reveals the guy is all old and scaly looking.

Anyway, girl forms a pact with the young man, making him immortal as well.  In the end, a former victim of Snake girl shows up with the machete, kills the girl, and then chops the snake that she owns (which I assume was her connection with Snake God)  into several pieces, but this only causes the one snake to become FOUR snakes, who promptly kill Machete guy. 

Guy tells his girlfriend to leave, and she does, and we see him rolling around the floor as if ecstasy while pulling the snakes over him.  The girl goes out and grabs a piece of fruit from a nearby tree and walks, off, eating it (we learned earlier in the film that the fruit is poison.)   

Oh yeah, forgot, the guy has a pet owl or hawk or something.  Girlfriend brings it to the house, but the owl dies after being released from its cage from eating the fruit on the tree.

End film.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 04:21:22 PM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 07:24:37 PM »

Dunno the second one.

The first one is 1990's Brain Dead with Bud Court, Bill Paxton, and Bill Pullman.  Awesome flick that I got a chance to see again about a year ago.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0099173/

I highly recommend checking it out again.  The scene you describe was a hallucination scene at Bill Pullman's place of employment.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 02:29:46 PM »

The second film sounds a little bit like one of Boris Karloff's last films, "Isle of the Snake People." Especially the scene where any man that has sex with the snakewoman gets old fast. But, other than that, I can't say.
akiratubo

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 04:21:31 PM »

A review of Snake People/Isle of the Snake People:

http://www.1000misspenthours.com/reviews/reviewsn-z/snakepeople.htm

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
BTM

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 04:33:44 PM »

I really don't think that's it... I don't remember there being a dwarf in the movie, among other things.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 03:48:07 PM by BTM » Logged

nshumate
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 10:38:55 PM »

I really don't think that's it... I don't remember they're being a dwarf in the movie, among other things.

And really, if you don't remember the dwarf, this isn't the right movie. Because the dwarf is the only really memorable part.  (That, and the heroine's hat.)

My own contribution on the subject:

http://www.coldfusionvideo.com/s/snakepeople.html

Nathan Shumate
Cold Fusion Video Reviews
Sci-fi, Horror, and General Whoopass
akiratubo

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 06:30:03 AM »

I really don't think that's it... I don't remember they're being a dwarf in the movie, among other things.

I didn't think that was it, either.  Someone else mentioned it, so I thought I'd link to a review.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
316zombie
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 07:19:34 PM »

well.i need to know WHEN you saw this,and if you have a clue what the stars looked like? i think i may have the rigfht title...
BTM

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 10:05:03 PM »

well.i need to know WHEN you saw this,and if you have a clue what the stars looked like? i think i may have the rigfht title...

I assume you mean about the second film, right?  First one has been IDed..

Anyway, I dunno, saw the second film on video tape when i was about 13 or so (that would have been 17 years ago), looked like an early eighties film.  I recall the main couple were Caucasian, guy had brownish hair, and the girl had blondish hair.  The snake woman had long dark hair, she seemed.. dunno Indian maybe?  Probably a mixed race, reminds me a bit of Laura Gemser (although I really don't think that's her.)

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 05:03:19 PM »

I'm thinking the snake goddess film may be NIGHT of the COBRA WOMAN... alotta fits here...dark skinned woman...aging male victums...here's the trailer...

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
BTM

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 09:14:56 PM »

I'm thinking the snake goddess film may be NIGHT of the COBRA WOMAN... alotta fits here...dark skinned woman...aging male victums...here's the trailer...
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_cLlVm59r8

Yes, that's it!  I remember that line where she says, "Defaning a snake is like castrating a man." 

Another puzzle solved!

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Two films "Open brain surgery" and "Snake Woman" movie? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.