Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:09:11 PM
713354 Posts in 53057 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Searching for a beach Movie with a nerd and hypnotic pheromones « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Searching for a beach Movie with a nerd and hypnotic pheromones  (Read 6688 times)
BTB
Dedicated Viewer

« on: November 06, 2007, 03:44:07 AM »

It is probably not worth the effort but it is nagging on me.

i once stumbled at least 14 years ago on a movie that featured some friends and a geek who stumbled on a scent/perfume/pheromone which made them ablke to control women. One trashy gangster and his thug kidnap the geek fordce every women along with bad wigs to be hookers and are bested when the geek invents a scent which lets him control the thug.

To have no ideas and to express them
kornpe
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 06:50:36 PM »

It started to sound like "Love Potion #9", but then i don't remember that other stuff in it. I'll look around, see if i can find your movie.
BTB
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 12:52:01 AM »

definitely not LVP9, my movie was probably from the eighties and i remember a scene where one of the boys order a girl to roar like a lion and the sound cames from her mouth like in a documentary, also the movie was not politically correct.

316zombie
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 04:43:25 PM »

is this an american movie?it sounds like a french indie movie called"parfum"?
frank
Bad Movie Lover

"I'm a big boy now, Johnny."

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 03:04:33 AM »

Definitely not "parfum". At least not "The Parfum - History of a murderer". That one was released last year and it is not really an independent, trashy, non-pc movie (no wigs, hookers, etc.) - it ended up with production costs of 60 mio Euro (about 88 mio $). It is also not really french. It was produced in France, Spain and Germany, but sort of surprisingly in English.

However, it is a good movie. The book by Patrick Süskind (1985) is a classic over here. The film does a fair job, but in my opinion, does not really catch Grenouille's character.

......"Now toddle off and fly your flying machine."
BTB
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 05:00:29 PM »

One thing this is really a trashy very american movie and I have seen it a long time ago so perhaps i am mistaken by using a scent for controlling the women, after doing some resaerch I have to ask has anyone seen Surf II http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088207/

I remember best the Lion roar scene

could this be the one movie I am searching for

316zombie
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 03:57:04 PM »

frank,thanks for the info,didn't realize it was that new!i saw it about 6 months ago,the filming looked rather oldstyle,you know?at least,i think we are talking about the same movie,lol!
btb,going to do some research,you've got me intrigued!haven't seen the surf movie....
frank
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 12:31:14 PM »

If it's not scent, that's controlling the women, it might be "Mindkiller" (1987). Some nerdy guy learns to sort of manipulate others out of some books (Of course : telekinesis for dummies! - although I should be careful with my preconceptions after having heard about the "men who stare at goats"...).

Naturally, he uses his new powers to....ahm....take advantage?...of young women. But that's about it with the similarities. Probably no kidnapping and I think the guy's brain explodes or turns into some alien-brain-critter or what the heck, I don't know....

316zombie
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2007, 04:52:56 PM »

men who stare at goats?tell me more!!
frank
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 04:47:52 AM »

men who stare at goats?tell me more!!

"Men who stare at goats" was mentioned in the "recent readings" or "recent books" post. Obviously a book about secret US government experiments with soldiers telekinetically killing goats and stuff.....

316zombie
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 05:35:58 PM »

aah,a new conpiracy theory for my hubby!thanks!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2007, 11:27:52 PM »

I think this movie could be BEACH FEVER (1987), starring none other than Kato Kaelin.  From an IMDB user's comments: .  "Tack on a beach romance/love potion/hypnotised hooker/Kato must save the day plot. Add a nerd/mad scientist, a musclehead/bully, a girlfriend/psychopath." (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092624/usercomments).

This plot sounds vaguely familiar, like something I caught part of on USA's old "Up All Night" program.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Searching for a beach Movie with a nerd and hypnotic pheromones « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.