Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:13:44 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Game Music « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game Music  (Read 4699 times)
nada
Bad Movie Lover

« on: November 04, 2007, 05:53:18 AM »

I finished the xbox game "portal" yesterday. Anyway what was a surprise was the end title music. Possibly as good as the game itself.

Here's a video:

Small | Large

Does anyone know of any other memorable game music?
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 08:56:10 AM »

There's too many to count.  I admit to being a sap and feeling all emotional when I hear Suketi De Na, the end title theme music for Final Fantasy X [I got sucked in bad by that sombre ending...  Bluesad ]

If we're talking purely end theme music the Metal Gear Solid series always had good end music.  I'm a particular fan of Metal Gear Solid 1's end theme.  Very Celtic-sounding. 
Small | Large
  That link is to a video which plays the song [though not footage from the game.]

If you are into game music though, go to http://www.ocremix.org It's an interesting site I came about a few years ago whose sole purpose is to remix game music and make it sound better/different etc.  There's some interesting tracks there ranging from the usual Chrono Trigger/Final Fantasy compositions, to Super Mario Bros and even the occasional obscure track.  Usually it's from games ranging from the early days to kind of the mid-nineties but they used to have some really good tracks from Silent hill which would have been great backing tracks for a Halloween themed party.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 10:41:38 AM by dean » Logged

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 09:34:20 AM »

the theme music from Elder Scrolls III - Morrowind is simple but hauntingly beautiful.  I haven't played the game in over a year, but I still hear it in my head.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jason
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 10:07:40 AM »

The Halo theme tune usually gets me - the local Laserquest (or whatever you call it round your way - the game where you zap each other on bodypacks with laserguns) pumps that into the 'arena' when you're playing, and it always gets the adrenaline going.

As for cool music, take your pick from most of Final Fantasy VII, although particularly the boss battle music.

"Being grown up isn't half as fun as growing up" - Kris Roe, The Ataris
RapscallionJones
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Grim & Frostbitten

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 12:47:33 PM »

Very, very little video game music appeals to me but I have always been partial to the soundtrack for Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Visit the b-movie blog
http://www.cinema-suicide.com
The required Myspace profile
http://www.myspace.com/cinemasuicide
Khaz
Bad Movie Lover

Classic.

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 02:19:39 PM »

Not allot of music stands out for me as I am often guilty of either a) on PC games using a hack that allows me to play my own MP3s or B) turning off their music and cranking my own (playing Halo 2 to something like Cruxshadows is highly recommended)
the theme music from Elder Scrolls III - Morrowind is simple but hauntingly beautiful.
I agree totally, that is one of the few games where I left the music on, mostly because you knew someone was chasing you cause the music changed TeddyR

Oddly enough the one piece of game music that pops into my head (usually at the most inappropriate times) is the music from Super Mario Bros.

I see you are playing stupid... Looks like you're winning
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Game Music « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.