Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:14:50 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  My Review of "Ninjabread Man" for the Nintendo Wii... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My Review of "Ninjabread Man" for the Nintendo Wii...  (Read 3559 times)
Metropolisforever
« on: November 08, 2007, 11:51:18 AM »

So, what should we make of Data Design Interactive's brave new venture into the low end game market? Is it a new Intellivision? Is it a clever blend of marketing, candy, and video gaming? Or is it a giant pile of steaming yak doodie, served on a shiny plate by a smiling waiter who steals your wallet?

The answer, my friends, is none of the above. A big steaming plate of yak poo is a step up from this thing, lemme tell ya. HOLY FRIGGIN' CRAP does this thing suck on a trans-galactic scale! I mean, we're not talking Jakks sucky, or even nes-on-a-chip famiclone/flashback sucky. Hell no! No, those are more like purgatory. Ninjabread Man is HELL. HELL I tell you! My lord, what sick idiot let this thing out the door? I'll grant the packaging is pretty nice, and the brightness of the game's design is fairly pleasing. Unfortunately, however, the game looks (and feels) like it was designed by dyslexic pygmy marmots spun out on LSD. And the graphics! It looks like it was designed for the Magnavox Odyssey. Yessir, it does. Says so on the box, even... just kidding.  The box does not even BEGIN to tell you about how REPUGNANT this game is.

Now, by fighting, we don't mean actual combat. No, we mean beating your head against the wall because you have to wait upwards of twenty seconds BEFORE THE FRIGGIN' TITLE SCREEN APPEARS (the friggin' TITLE SCREEN), while the blasted thing loads. Yeah, think XBOX Morrowind every minute or so. Now, I might almost be willing to forgive this travesty if the game was loading something, well, pleasingly game-like. Once you get past the title screen (and you MUST get past the title screen), and wait until next month for it to load, you are greeted by......

The most hideous graphics since Pong.  Hell, this game makes Pong look IMPRESSIVE!  In fact, this game makes TEXT ADVENTURES look impressive!  The extreme (and I mean IN-HUMAN) difficulty will certainly be frustrating for little children (and adults).  This game makes Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels look EASY.  Here's a tip: if you're going to make a children's game, do NOT make the difficulty BEYOND ALL HUMAN CAPABILITIES.  If you can get past the first level, you are God.

Imagine a CD-I. Remember those awful things? Now imagine this was a very bad CD-I and it decided to rape a Jaguar Fight for Life cart which had genetic abnormalities. Imagine the Jaggy cart gave birth to a fighting game so disgusting that it screamed in horror, and tried to strangle the hideous thing and threw it down the sewer. Imagine this freakish, twitchy, god-awful avatar of wretchedness actually survived in this new land of urine and feces and was raised by a family of mutant Maggoty Banana Slugs that taught it the secret art of Shaq-Fu. Got that?

This game is worse.

The animation makes the original Mortal Kombat look like a Disney film by comparison. Now imagine the 'Ninjabread Man' characters each have gone mute and do not have the ability to talk. Instead, they make awful sqeaky noises, and that each line sounds like it was lovingly recorded by Little Richard during a snowstorm on a twenty year old tape deck.

Buggedout

No joke. I'm dead serious. Then imagine that the game moves as slowly as a bowel movement at the local rest home pizza night, and that all of this nail biting action is accompanied by a thrilling soundtrack of ... weird noise. Kinda like a kid randomly poking keys on an '80s electronic Casio keyboard with the reverse setting on. Now, imagine that you have a vast repetoire of fighting moves like 'jump', 'slash', 'really slow throw', and 'suck ass'. The game has a ton of strategy though. Yeah, you are constantly forced to choose between randomly mashing a button (I'm partial to 'really slow throw') or gouging your eyes out with the controller. The second option becomes more appealing as time wears on.

Hands down, this is the worst game I have ever played. It's worse than the CD-I. Its worse than the Game.com and it's worse than the R-Zone(!). Hell, I'd rather play my APF or RCA Studio II than this travesty. Seriously. Stay very, very far away.

Now, on the good side, the thing does have appealing level designs and characters. Maybe one of the other games will not suck (if they make a sequel). Who knows? I'll tell you what I know. Someday, when I'm sitting in my giant, planet destroying space cruiser, having conquered the known galaxy, my enemies will play Ninjabread Man. And they will weep.

Oh, yes, they will weep.
Khaz
Bad Movie Lover

Classic.

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 01:42:43 PM »

I am SO getting me a copy of this game then! TeddyR

I see you are playing stupid... Looks like you're winning
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 02:40:32 AM »

You could pretty much tell that it was going to be terrible, but you have to admit, it really is a great title...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
RapscallionJones
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Grim & Frostbitten

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 12:50:16 PM »

Visit the b-movie blog
http://www.cinema-suicide.com
The required Myspace profile
http://www.myspace.com/cinemasuicide
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  My Review of "Ninjabread Man" for the Nintendo Wii... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.