Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:56:29 PM
713363 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Rob Zombie's next project: CHUD « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rob Zombie's next project: CHUD  (Read 9249 times)
RapscallionJones
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Grim & Frostbitten

« on: November 07, 2007, 04:43:04 PM »

Well, it's just a rumor and you know how well rumors pair up with the internet but Billboard.com laid out Rob Zombie's projects on the horizon and the singer/director declined to comment on the status of a rumored CHUD remake in the future.

http://www.cinema-suicide.com/2007/11/07/is-rob-zombie-remaking-chud/

Visit the b-movie blog
http://www.cinema-suicide.com
The required Myspace profile
http://www.myspace.com/cinemasuicide
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 05:23:25 PM »

Jesus this idea is bad.  I would actually like to see CHUD remade but not by Zombie.  CHUD is a film that I have a soft spot for, and I have never been able to figure out why I like it.  It's a film I can watch numerous times without reason.  It's just enjoyable crap.

I can't see Rob remaking this thing.  Sure House Of 1000 Corpses and Devils Rejects were basically rehashes of 70s films, but why doesn't Rob do something original?  The guy has talent and a ton of energy, he just doesn't seem to know what to do with either.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
316zombie
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 04:22:39 PM »

i'm with you there!he really is very talented,i wish he'd hook up with some of the young indie filmmakers i know,or know of,via buying their stuff,we could actually see some new brilliance on the big screen,wouldn't that be novel? Wink
Nev
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 12:01:58 PM »

i think everyone one on this board have the same opinion about this remake and "director" Thumbdown Thumbdown Thumbdown Thumbdown Thumbdown Thumbdown Thumbdown

316zombie
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 05:43:50 PM »

nev,don't get me wrong here! i think rob is a brilliant director,but he could be alot more brilliant(i know,bad grammar,bear!) if he made original movies instead of remakes...he's also a brilliant musician,in his own way,IMHO....
DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 08:40:09 AM »

Haha, that would be fun, but it sounds like just a rumour to me.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 06:27:20 AM »

Ya know...I really didn't like C.H.U.D. to much. I dunno why. Mebbe 'cus at the time I saw it-late 80's-I was on a hardcore gore kick.

Not seen Zombie's HALLOWEEN...is it THAT bad? Or is the original such a classic that you find it untouchable? I can't see how remaking CHUD...(a mediocre film) would be so bad. I mean-for a cannibal monster movie,CHUD was really tame.

And I don't see a dam thing wrong with rehashing old 70's style themes...(ala the DEVIL's REJECTS-a GREAT movie), with all the crap like superhero movies and computerized gunk like BEOWOLF. Gimme old fasion over the top freaky deeky anyday!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 07:22:19 AM »

RC,

Don't believe what others say, Halloween really is that bad.  Zombie seriously dropped the ball with the film and it becomes much more infuriating than entertaining.  I'd recommend renting it when it comes out if you haven't seen it, but just don't expect anything remotely good.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Justy
Bad Movie Lover

Oh the humanity!

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 11:20:32 AM »

I feel that Zombie does have some talent for directing. However, I feel that his writing and creativity is not as skilled. He doesn't have the skills to recreate a cult classic and do it in a way that will win over the fans. His Halloween was horrible, not because of his filmaking skills, but because of the story he chose to tell. I don't know how Zombie would find a way to link CHUD to white trash, but he'd find a way. Perhaps a tanker truck hauling nuclear waste to Yucca mountain crashes and dumps all of its payload in a small midwestern town. The government pays off the local officials to shut them up about the accident. Yet, the poor trailer park people who live on the outskirts start to disappear... uh oh...

-----------------------------------------
"Hey that's great, but who're the Chefs?"
-----------------------------------------
RapscallionJones
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Grim & Frostbitten

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 01:08:16 PM »

This has been officially debunked, by the way.

Visit the b-movie blog
http://www.cinema-suicide.com
The required Myspace profile
http://www.myspace.com/cinemasuicide
Nev
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2007, 02:24:08 PM »

yea well he also said he'll NEVER make a remake  and 9 months later....HALLOWEEN!!!! Hatred

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Rob Zombie's next project: CHUD « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.