Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:10:22 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Moving « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Moving  (Read 7455 times)
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« on: November 10, 2007, 02:15:23 PM »

Wanted to let everyone know that I won't be around much for the next two weeks or so.  My wife, daughter and I are moving down to Wilmington here in NC and I won't have internet access until I get some service hooked up there.

We're moving there as my wife got a job at a hospital there making a ton more cash than what she would in our area.  I have yet to find employment there but I'm staying optimistic.

The best thing about moving there for me is that it is the biggest filming location in NC.  Screen Gems has a studio there which used to be owned by Dino De Laurentiis.  Here are the films that were made there under Dino's ownership:

* Raw Deal (June 6th, 1986)
    * My Little Pony: The Movie (June 6th, 1986)
    * Maximum Overdrive (July 25th, 1986)
    * The Transformers: The Movie (August 8th, 1986)
    * Manhunter (August 15th, 1986)
    * Blue Velvet (September 19th, 1986)
    * Radioactive Dreams (September 19th, 1986)
    * Trick or Treat (October 24th, 1986)
    * Tai-Pan (November 7th, 1986)
    * Body Slam (November 21st, 1986)
    * Crimes of the Heart (December 12th, 1986)
    * King Kong Lives (December 19th, 1986)
    * The Bedroom Window (January 30th, 1987)
    * From The Hip (February 6th, 1987)
    * Evil Dead II (March 13th, 1987)
    * Million Dollar Mystery (June 12th, 1987)
    * Near Dark (October 2nd, 1987)
    * Weeds (October 16th, 1987)
    * Hiding Out (November 6th, 1987)
    * Date with an Angel (November 20th, 1987)
    * Traxx (1988 direct-to-video)
    * Dracula's Widow (1989)
    * Illegally Yours (May 13th, 1988) (released by United Artists)
    * Pumpkinhead (October 14th, 1988) (released by United Artists)
    * Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure (February 17th, 1989) (released by Orion Pictures)
    * Earth Girls Are Easy (May 12th, 1989) (released by Vestron Pictures)
    * Rampage (October 23rd, 1992) (released by Miramax Films)
    * Collision Course (1992 direct-to-video) (released by Home Box Office)

Very cool stuff.  I took a tour of the now Screen Gems studio back in 1999-2000 or so and it was awful.  Basically they kept telling us that Dawson's Creek was made there.  I could care less about that, tell me about Evil Dead 2!

But, fear not.  I will be back as soon as I have internet access down there.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 03:13:20 PM »

Well...have fun moving  Lookingup . I HATE packing sh!t! It takes forever. Un packinng is  easy...just  dump it out!  Good Luck with the  new ...place(?).  Smile

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 03:29:21 PM »

Yeah RC, I hate moving as well.  I'd rather have teeth pulled than move, but oh well.  At least we will finally live in a populated area.  I'm used to driving 45mins-1hr to get to a grocery store.  Wilmington is fairly large and there are stores everywhere.  Should cause a good bit of culture shock the first few weeks.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 06:00:48 AM »

Wow!
From the Boonies to the big city eh?

That's definitely gonna be a big change.
You're going to feel like a fish out of water for a while my friend.   Wink

What's up with your job at that ISP?  Did you quit?
Not gonna get to work from home anymore?

Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 09:28:59 AM »

Ash,

Well, I'm going to still be doing that job for a short period of time.  The pay at the job hasn't increased for a while and they've cut back my hours since I'm moving.  I hope to find something in the area with better pay and such.  I've already made them aware that I'm job hunting and that when I find something, I will be leaving.

Yeah, it's going to be a big change.  I'm excited.  It'll be good to actually be somewhere with culture and things to do.  I was looking up the theaters in the area recently and saw that some of the theaters are actually showing foreign films.   Buggedout  I'm used to not getting any good films in our area here and driving about two hours to see anything good.

It's a college down too so there are a ton of rock clubs in the area.  I'll finally get to go to some shows.  Hope everythign works out well.

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 10:24:29 AM »

Skaboi, one thing I 've learned from moving  four times in the 26 years I've been married is that it's a good way to find out how much crap you've accumulated.

Good luck on the move and finding a good job when you get there.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 10:45:11 AM »

I hate moving and I'm moved a few times, as said above you find out how much crap you've got and how much crap you've got that you don't need. My wife is a pack rat and can't toss nothing out and I'm a through it away person. But even with that the stuff breeds faster than I can get rid of it.

So enjoy you move, they suck.

Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 10:58:43 AM »

Didn't know they had studios in North Carolina. Super cool ! ! ! Hope you like your new home.

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 11:17:54 AM »

Good luck on your move, Skaboi.

I always try and throw away as much stuff as possible when I move.  It doesn't work.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 11:50:24 AM »

Thanks for the well wishing guys.  I too am a pack rat but I seem to collect electronics.  Old motherboards, processors, RAM, hard drives, etc.  I know that I'll never use any of the stuff but it just pains me to throw away pieces of technology, old or otherwise.

I mainly dread moving the furniture.  Couches, bedroom stuff, etc.  I'll probably have to make at least two trips for everything.  It's a 3 hour drive each way, so it'll take some time.

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2007, 12:24:47 PM »

Wilmington is a nice town I dated a girl there when I was stationed Camp Lagoon. I filled a dumpster with old computer parts the other day ... there was 286, 386 and 486 crap my wife had kept, I was throw the junk away or recycle it. Well no place around here recycles that stuff so I gave a lot away on freecycle.com and the rest got crushed and trashed.

Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2007, 12:28:19 PM »

Wilmington is a nice town I dated a girl there when I was stationed Camp Lagoon. I filled a dumpster with old computer parts the other day ... there was 286, 386 and 486 crap my wife had kept, I was throw the junk away or recycle it. Well no place around here recycles that stuff so I gave a lot away on freecycle.com and the rest got crushed and trashed.

Camp Lejune eh?  I currently live about an hour east of Morehead City and Atlantic Beach and all of that, if you're familiar with the area.

dean

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 04:08:17 AM »

Congrats on moving to a place with more cinematic options.  It always made me feel a bit sad reading about your frustration from lack of close, quality entertainment.

Good luck!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 09:09:37 AM »

Smile Hope all will go well, Skaboi  Thumbup

Pity I'm in Pretoria, I would come and give you a hand. I honestly would.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2007, 09:38:07 AM »

Well we are moved in.  Boxes need to be unpacked but other than that, we are done.  I am extremely sore from lifting furniture and such for the past two days but oh well. TeddyR

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Moving « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.