Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:14:25 AM
714308 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Raccoons! (Animated) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Raccoons! (Animated)  (Read 3314 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: November 11, 2007, 08:16:33 PM »

Does anyone else remember the animated "Raccoon" movies that came out in the early 80's?  For some reason, they popped to mind and now I cannot stop thinking about the accursed things.  I remember their enemy was a droopy-snouted aardvark with a cigar and, thinking back, it is almost as if the made-for-TV specials were a decade too late.  They make me think of 70's specials, not something from the 80's.

This appears to be from a television show, not the single shot specials that I remember:
Small | Large

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 10:28:51 PM »

It's a popular Canadian animated TV series yes. It still gets played in reruns up here now. It is way too cheesy sweet though but there's a sort of Canadian feel to the show.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 10:38:56 PM by JaseSF » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 05:50:51 AM »

I loved this show, especially the music by Lisa Lougheed. In fact, I did my own remix of the theme song!

http://www.animeremix.org/remixer/24/main.php?action=remix-detail&remixId=84
TheDope
Movie Reviewer And Professional Nit-Picking Geek

Gone but not forgotten... well, KINDA forgotten.

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 09:43:27 AM »

Way way back, I remember first seeing this show back when we owned our first satellite dish; picked up all the stations before they were scrambled and all.  First they had "The Raccoons" on the Canadian bird and I watched them semi-regularly, then they were on the early Disney Channel for a little bit.

The aardvark looking bad guy was Cyril Sneer (yes, I remembered that without looking it up - sad, huh?) who wanted to take over the woods the Raccoons lived in for industrial purposes (i.e.: $$$).  Cyril also had a nerdy nephew (or maybe son) who had a geeky short haircut and Poindexter glasses who often helped the raccoons get out of Cyril's traps and such.  And I believe one of the raccoons (the one who usually got into trouble) wore a hockey jersey.

Is this show even on DVD?  If not, they should be....

TheDope: bringing the conversation to a grinding halt since 2002.
DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 11:34:39 AM »

Cyril Sneer's son is Cedric Sneer, and the raccoon wearing the jersey was Bert :P

And they're on DVD, yes, full season box sets.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 01:35:22 PM »

Yeah, the one raccoon did have a hockey jersey, and a comically droopy snout, in case we still didn't realize he was the goofy one.

This is one of those shows that was considered a masterpiece of Canadian children's entertainment in its day, at least the folks at the CBC seemed to think so. I personally didn't care for it.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 05:51:51 PM »

Yes it's been released on two DVD sets I believe. I known I've seen them on amazon.ca.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 07:01:33 PM »

The holiday special I remember best was one for Christmas and either the cigar-chomping Sneer or a relative was a General, with tanks and guns and all that.  The shame is that I cannot remember much more in the way of specifics, just the goofy image of the military from the Raccoons perspective.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Raccoons! (Animated) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.