Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:54:47 AM
714230 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Xanadu (1980) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Xanadu (1980)  (Read 9609 times)
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2007, 12:20:50 PM »

Well, if anybody is in Tucson this Saturday, I'm sure you won't want to miss out on Xanadu Sing-a-Long!

Coincidentally, I will not be thanking one of my friends for pointing that out to me.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2007, 08:12:22 PM »

How am I going to read more posts in this forum with forks in both of my eyes?

How?

How?

Aaaaaaiiiiiiiiieeeeeee!
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2007, 01:04:26 AM »

I watch Xanadud once, just to say I did ... but then again I ate Squirrel Brains just to say I did. Neither will be repeated.

Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2007, 10:26:39 PM »

"Xanadu!  Stately home of Charles Foster Kane.  Cost?  No one can say..."
-Tom Servo

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
Torgo

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2007, 10:30:00 PM »

I watch Xanadud once, just to say I did ... but then again I ate Squirrel Brains just to say I did. Neither will be repeated.

I ate pig brains once when I was growing up. My deceased grandad on my deceased dad's side would mix them with eggs and scramble them. Thankfully I don't remember how they tasted...........................

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2007, 01:21:16 AM »

I ate pig brains once when I was growing up. My deceased grandad on my deceased dad's side would mix them with eggs and scramble them. Thankfully I don't remember how they tasted...........................

They still sell that is cans around here. I kid you not, canned eggs and brains.

Here's the brains, can't find the combo cuisine.

We now return you to Xanadon't

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2007, 09:49:39 AM »

I was watching the NBC coverage of the Macy's Parade they just had a performance from the musical.  Broadway shows, they were saying, are mostly on strike so I imagine the scramble resulted in getting whatever they could. Xanadu I guess was the go to choice. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2011, 10:05:32 AM »

Currently watching the movie as I typed.  I'm at the point where Gene Kelly has suffered a mental breakdown and seems to think he is dancing with this girl in military garb from the 40s.

My experience so far has beeh as followed: What the hell is going on?

I'll be back later with my final thoughts on the film.

Edit:

And now I'm back.  My overall impression was one of confusion and utter disbelief.  It was one of the oddest and strangest experiences I ever had with a musical (Raggedy Ann was the weirdest).  There was barely any plot, the acting was okay to forgettable, the music ranged from good to weird, the art direction was odd, and found most of my experience rather laughable and riffing on the movie.  It's the second worst musical I have ever seen, but I didn't end up hating it since I was enjoying how stupid it was.  This will be a fun review for the future.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 11:42:30 AM by InformationGeek » Logged

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Archivist

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2011, 08:42:02 PM »

Somewhere in the mists of childhood amnesia lies the fleeting memories of Xanadu.  As it involved Olivia Newton-John, it was hyped to the max in Australia, with the radio blaring 'Xaaaanaduuuuu' every time you turned it on.  Stuck in my head, that darned song.

All I remember of the movie is ONJ singing and on rollerskates ... I think the muses spring out of a billboard on a wall ... I think she pleads with Zeus for something ... having read this most awesome thread I am glad that I can't remember any more ...

I know two women in their late 30's for whom Xanadu was their favourite movie and soundtrack when they were kids.  One of them works in our office.  She sings it from time to time.  Now, if she LOOKED like Olivia Newton-John, that might be acceptable.  But nooooo...

ONJ can sing like blazes and for once in my life I actually felt proud to be Australian when she was a part of the Sydney Olympics ceremonies, not to mention being hot, but could that save Xanadu?

The plaaace ... where no-bo-dy dared to goooo...
The love that we came to-knooww
We call it Xaaaanaduuuuuu!

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2011, 09:01:26 PM »

Here's my professional, well thought out response: MAKE.IT.STOP!!! Seriously, this is just bad as Monster A Go-Go IMO. Not as bad as Super Babies 2, but not by much. Thumbdown

yeah no.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Xanadu (1980) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.