Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:13:59 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  11 Banned Video Games « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 11 Banned Video Games  (Read 13298 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: November 12, 2007, 06:09:08 AM »

Here's a report on 11 Banned Video Games. Which ones do you own?

http://us.i1.yimg.com/videogames.yahoo.com/feature/video-game-nasties-hottest-banned-games/535678

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 07:36:28 AM »

Good list there Scott.

Out of the ones listed, I own:

Carmageddon - Still have an original copy of this game.  Bought it years ago when it first came out.  It was an absolutely amazing game.  It's basically Death Race 2000.  You race other drivers around a city, countryside, beach area, etc.  You get extra points and powerups for running down pedestrians.  It's a fantastic game and I would love to see someone remake it.  It was followed by a few sequels that were seriously toned down.  Instead of regular people, you had to run down zombies and such and it just wasn't nearly as much fun.

Wolfenstein 3D - Quite possibly the first PC game I ever played and also the first FPS game I ever played.  It's a precursor to Doom and is set in a Nazi castle.  You walk around, collect items and kill Nazis.  That's it.  Fun game for it's time and one that completely changed PC gaming and gaming in general.

Mortal Kombat - I've owned various versions of this game in the past, including the SNES version which was infamous for not containing any blood.  Great fighter, revolutionary in the way that the characters were done.  Even on the SNES or Genesis, you felt like they were living breathing fighters.  The finishing moves were always awesome as well.

GTA San Andreas - GTA games are always causing flack and starting controversy.  San Andreas did so because of the "Hot Coffee" mod.  Supposedly you could use a mod that one would find on the internet to unlock a sex game.  The ESRB got wind of this and hit the game with an Adults Only (AO) rating and all of the stores pulled it from the shelves.  The game itself is seriously fun and has some great early 90s music. 

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Nev
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 10:16:19 AM »

wasnt theere a game suppose to come out for i believe psOne, where you could pick from something like 12 characters and you would all go in a room and just try to kill each other, like a last man standing typoe of thing.  anyone remember this??

RapscallionJones
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Grim & Frostbitten

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 01:23:55 PM »

It's funny to me how many of these banned games are actually pieces of crap.  The hand off of quality gaming in favor of headline grabbing hucksterism isn't exactly shocking but the sheer amount of uproar many of them caused is a riot.  You'd think that the heat over something like BMX XXX would die off when parent groups started reading the reviews that dubbed it nearly unplayable.  Not even the most numbskull Counterstrike players are going to shell out cash for 3D rendered boobs if the game sucks.

I suppose I find something about that reassuring.

Visit the b-movie blog
http://www.cinema-suicide.com
The required Myspace profile
http://www.myspace.com/cinemasuicide
Pilgermann

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 01:32:44 PM »

wasnt theere a game suppose to come out for i believe psOne, where you could pick from something like 12 characters and you would all go in a room and just try to kill each other, like a last man standing typoe of thing.  anyone remember this??

I think that was called Thrill Kill or something.  It never made it onto the market.  I remember that one of the characters was a midget on stilts.

Nev
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 05:15:08 PM »

THATS IT!!! YOUR AWESOME!

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 05:55:48 PM »

WOLFENSTEIN 3-D is a true classic.  That game swallowed a month of my life whole.

Of course I've played a lot of MORTAL KOMBAT, but who hasn't?  I also own the GTA games but have yet to get into any of them.  They look fun, just haven't played them.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
IzzyDedjet
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 09:21:18 PM »

I'm pretty sure I've played them all...well at that
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 09:40:48 PM »

I have one of the Mortal Kombat games, but not the original.  Used to play the original on Sega though.

I have GTA: San Andreas.  Mostly, I just ignore the 'missions/story', and just drive around assaulting people.  eh.  Sounds odd, but I can't really get into the story mode.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 12:29:21 PM »

GTA San Andreas has a great map to just screw around on whether by air, land or sea.  At first I didn't want to get it but I'm glad I did.  The play options such as being able to change your look and play mini games/gambling for money are awesome. The soundtrack is more than impressive with music from the era.

I had a chance to buy the Guy Game at a discount price once but didn't.  Wolfenstein of course was a staple of time killing in my high school word processing class.  MK I have many versions on different platforms.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Jason
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 06:20:31 PM »

I think I've either owned or played most of those, which of course means that I'm a slavering, violence-addicted goon who spends his spare time torturing small domestic animals for kicks according to the knee-jerk crowd.

As a side note, Thrill Kill was released, although I have no idea where. I know this, because I had a copied version. It may surprise you to know that it was actually a pretty entertaining game, and the 4 player games could be quite hilarious. It was pretty much Mortal Kombat with 4 people in a 3D arena at once. You all laid into each other, and as you landed more attacks, your meter went up. Once it reached full, your character freaked out, and the next hit you landed performed a suitably gory 'fatality' style move, and eliminated the poor sap you hit from the game. Suffice to say, there were moments of mass hilarity in the four-player games as one of the players freaks out and the others start falling over each other to get away from the guy who has the ability to eliminate whoever he likes from the game. Offers of cash or beer for leniency were not uncommon!

"Being grown up isn't half as fun as growing up" - Kris Roe, The Ataris
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 08:45:57 PM »

Anyone play BioFREAKS? It was on PS1 and N64/GameCube.  You could blow heads off, and arms and legs, the blood would go pouring out, and they'd regenerate?

Not bad, I suppose.  Wasn't banned or anything.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 09:49:42 PM »

biofreaks was pretty interesting.

i think my favorite "rude" videogame ever has to be toilet kids.

Small | Large

Khaz
Bad Movie Lover

Classic.

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2007, 09:40:35 AM »

I have either owned or played all of these. I am suprised that Postal and Postal 2 did not make the list. Those were my all time fav. "bad games to play when kids are around". Even tho using the cat silencer caused my son to laugh so hard he puked on me. Cheers

I see you are playing stupid... Looks like you're winning
Nev
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2007, 02:26:29 PM »

wish i could get my hands on thrill kill!!

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  11 Banned Video Games « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.