Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:06:22 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Nun Flipping the Bird « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nun Flipping the Bird  (Read 13523 times)
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« on: November 13, 2007, 05:23:03 PM »

There was this movie I watched when I was a kid (why my parents let me watch it I don't know) where this guy tried to break into a factory (I think) and there was some wet paint on the wall near a door.  Somebody opened the door and the guy backed up into the paint with his hands resting on the wet paint.  The mark left by his hand left and outline of someone flipping the bird.

Somehow, this became a cultural phenomenon (in the movie's world) and everybody started flipping each other off.  A news crew was doing a report and interviewed a nun and she flipped off the camera guy.

I think this was a comedy in the 80's or late 70's.  Is this ringing any bells?  Thanks for the help in advance...

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
316zombie
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 01:45:59 PM »

just a guess,this might be future war?haven't watched it in a long time,we have the MST3K version...
Rictras Shard
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 03:12:25 PM »

I can't remember the name of the movie, but I think I know which one you are referring to. A man and his friends break into the factory because they are angered due to the freezing death of an elderly woman who couldn't pay her heat bill.

After the print is discovered, he becomes an anonymous icon known as 'The Finger'.

I've been trying to google it to find the name, but have had no success so far.
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 04:10:55 PM »

I can't remember the name of the movie, but I think I know which one you are referring to. A man and his friends break into the factory because they are angered due to the freezing death of an elderly woman who couldn't pay her heat bill.

After the print is discovered, he becomes an anonymous icon known as 'The Finger'.

I've been trying to google it to find the name, but have had no success so far.

Wow, I'm glad I'm not the only person who remembers this movie.  I was beginning to think that it was a figment of my sometimes twisted imagination.  I tried looking up all variations of "flipping the bird" on imdb and google to no avail.

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........

316zombie
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 05:18:07 PM »

hhmm..,maybe you could search"the finger"on imdb...that might work...
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 12:43:58 PM »

hhmm..,maybe you could search"the finger"on imdb...that might work...

Before I do that, what did you find?

That's for the help, my friend.

316zombie
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 03:06:37 PM »

found a bunch of stuff,but some had no summaries..i'm thinking this could be the groove tube?i'll try to find more info for you...
Justy
Bad Movie Lover

Oh the humanity!

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 08:42:44 PM »

I remember this movie too. Unfortunately I can't think of the title, but you are not alone.

Before the battle of Agincourt in 1445, the French, anticipating victory over the English, proposed to cut off the middle finger of all captured English soldiers. Without the middle finger it would be impossible to draw the renowned English longbow and therefore the soldier would be incapable of fighting in the future.

This famous weapon was made of the native English Yew tree, and the act of drawing the longbow was known as “plucking the yew” (or “pluck yew”).

Much to the bewilderment of the French, the English won a major upset and began mocking the French by waving their middle fingers at the defeated French, saying, “See, we can still pluck yew! Pluck yew!”

Since “pluck yew” is rather difficult to say, the difficult consonant cluster at the beginning has gradually changed to a labiodental, fricative ‘F’ and thus the words often used in conjuction with the one-finger salute are mistakenly thought to have something to do with an intimate encounter.

It is also because of the pheasant feathers on the arrows used with the longbow that the symbolic gesture is known as “giving the bird”.

And yew thought yew knew your history.

I found that while searching! AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE!

-----------------------------------------
"Hey that's great, but who're the Chefs?"
-----------------------------------------
SLPL
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2020, 12:25:00 AM »

The movie everyone is thinking of is the Canadian comedy UTILITIES.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Nun Flipping the Bird « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.