Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:20:32 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Sesame Street not suitable for children « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sesame Street not suitable for children  (Read 6334 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: November 20, 2007, 03:18:26 PM »

Lord please save us from these PC times we live in.

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article.html?in_article_id=76343&in_page_id=2

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 01:44:54 AM »

"The character who has posed the most problems, however, is Oscar the Grouch. His crime? He is too miserable for today's toddlers..."

Have these people even met the average two-year-old??  They can out-miserable any muppet, any time, anywhere!

The various Sesame Street characters were created as representations of aspects of the personalities/behaviour of children.  Intended to be identified with.  Along the lines of the Seven Dwarfs.  (OOPS I guess they would be "adult entertainment" too - ugly, jealous old hags giving out poison apples...waaay too nasty for delicate young psyches.   Buggedout )

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 02:16:01 AM »

Smile Hi Trek.

This has got to be the craziest article I have ever read. I grew up with Sesame Street and South African kids today have their own version of it, called "Takalani Sesame" in which they even have a Muppet called Kami who is HIV positive and shows the positive side of living with HIV. I have never met anyone who was not positively influenced by this program and those people have passed this on to their children.

This is way too PC for my blood and the actions of these people are nuts.

What does make me laugh though are the other news stories on that page:

"Thieves push Pepsi bottle up man's bum"  Buggedout
"Girl to have arm removed from her back"
"Man charged with shooting goat over beer"  TeddyR Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 10:18:00 AM »

If there was one Muppet I could relate to even as a kid it was Oscar.  Now they're saying he's too miserable.  WTF man, has our mood pill popping society we live in made people think that being grouchy doesn't exist in our world any more? The PC bullsh*t needs to end here.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 07:34:11 PM »

Do we really want our children to know what Bert and Ernie are doing, when they are not on camera?
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 11:29:19 PM »

Supposedly the target audience for Sesame Street is much younger these days than the one it started. But this is just stupid, Cookie Monster eating a pipe is exactly the kind of silly, surreal stuff little kids love.

They've softened Oscar over the years, IMO, but his grouchiness was always tempered by the other characters, especially the human adults. If he's unsuitable for kids, then in later season DVD releases they should put a parental warning on Telly's perpetual whining and insecurity. Wouldn't want to reinforce fear, anxiety, low-esteem or personal doubt in the little tykes, now would we?

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Sesame Street not suitable for children « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.