Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:24:41 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Blind guy driving a 55 Chevy - What's this movie!?? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Blind guy driving a 55 Chevy - What's this movie!??  (Read 22081 times)
mixon72
Dedicated Viewer

« on: November 20, 2007, 10:31:51 PM »

I have been looking for two old car movies.  1 has a one of a kind plot.  I can tell you that it was out on VHS.  I saw it in the mid 80’s and I would say that it was a “B” movie but a GREAT car movie nonetheless.  The plot was a disgraced street racer from LA.  The two cars were a black 55 Chevy and a 1968 Barracuda (with the long fastback back window) and the guy driving the 55 was BLIND.  He drove in the desert at night and stood on the gas and counted - so he would know how far he had been and then he would turn around and start counting again to get back to his starting point.  The final scene has the Barracuda beat a car in a street race, and his opponent can’t handle the defeat so he drives off an incomplete interstate overpass in the final seconds of the movie.  With that kind of plot you’d think it would be easy to find.  But I have been looking for years with no luck. 

The second is about street racers in the Hollywood hills. I can't really tell you any of the cars, I think there was a Porshe but not sure, but I can tell you the last scene has two racers coming down the hills racing and one racer always had a stop watch taped to his rearview mirror. Well in the final scene he loses control and goes off the side of the mountain to his untimely death, but when he does the stop watch is the only thing left on the side of the road. His opponent stops his car, looks over the side of the mountain and clicks the stop watch to make it stop. Again, you'd think it was easy to find, but NO!

It's driven me crazy (and as a result driven my wife equally crazy by my obsession Hatred) for years.
CAN ANYONE HELP ME?
Signed- Needle in a haystack!
mixon72 -  Question
mixon72
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 09:27:47 AM »

No, that's not the 55 Chevy movie with Lee Majors.   Bluesad  That movie sounds exactly like you described though.  Lee Majors and Burgess Meredith, Lee is an ex-race car driver, Burgess is a military pilot.  Great movie.  Can't remember the name of that one either.  But I do remember the plot.  Movie takes place when all fossil fuels are gone and everyone is back to using horse and buggy.  Lee took his race car apart and buried it in the floor of his garage to hide it from authorities.  He decides to dig it up, put it together and make a run across country to protest the government.  Final scene has the government with a laser and the fighter jet and the race car going head to head.  The laser is supposed to shoot the car.  But Burgess has turned on the govt.  so the govt. puts the laser on "automatic" to see which one the computer will shoot first.  It shot down the jet.  GREAT MOVIE.

I have been told the second movie may be "King of the Mountain", starring Dennis Hopper.

First movie, so far.........nothing.  (And no it isn't "Two Lane Blacktop".)
Thanks for the help though! Smile Thumbup

mixon72
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 03:39:56 PM »

I removed my prior post because I think it was causing confusion.  The movie I remember is definitely not the one you're talking about.

I can't find "King of the Mountain".  It must be at my parents' home.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 05:28:14 PM by akiratubo » Logged

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 12:44:09 AM »

Could the second one be No Man's Land with Charlie Sheen from the 80s?

And I thought the the Lee Majors film was The Last Chase, but I haven't seen it at least ten years.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
mixon72
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 09:24:00 PM »

TeddyR After reading a description of the movie, it's most definitely not "No Man's Land".  I really think after reading a description on IMDB that the second one is going to be "King of the Mountain" with Dennis Hopper. 

The first movie is still out there.........waiting to be remembered/rediscovered........
 Cheers

mixon72
mixon72
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 09:15:20 PM »

Guys and Gals, I just read a description of the 1971 film Vanishing Point.  I don't know if this is the movie or not to my top posting.  Can someone help me here?  Has anyone recently seen this movie?  Could this be the "blind guy" from my memory?   Question

mixon72
akiratubo

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 12:59:36 AM »

Vanishing Point isn't your movie.

There is a blind guy in Vanishing Point but he never drives a car.  He's just a radio DJ.  Kowalski, the hero, is driving a 70 Challenger (could be mistaken for a Barracuda).  There aren't any 55 Chevys in it, either.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
mixon72
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2007, 09:51:39 PM »

YAHOO!! TeddyR Cheers hot Smile

I FOUND THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND!
IT'S AN AUSTRAILIAN "B" MOVIE CALLED RUNNING ON EMPTY.  IT WAS RELEASED IN THE USA UNDER THE NAME FAST LANE FEVER! RELEASE DATE 1982.  VERY RARE AND BEEN TOLD OUT OF PRINT.  BUT I FOUND OUT IT WAS RE-RELEASED ON DVD IN AUSTRAILIA LAST YEAR!  SO, MAYBE I CAN FIND IT SOMEWHERE HERE.

AT LEAST THE MYSTERY HAS BEEN SOLVED!!  THANK EVERYONE FOR THEIR HELP!

MIXON72
MY WIFE IS SO RELIEVED!
Nightster
New Visitor

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2021, 08:54:06 PM »

Movie is called Vanishing Point.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Blind guy driving a 55 Chevy - What's this movie!?? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.