Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:11:45 AM
714308 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "How to find a bad movie" updated « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "How to find a bad movie" updated  (Read 4470 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: November 26, 2007, 08:05:26 PM »

I have been meaning to rework that article forever; finally did it the last two nights and posted the update.  The page is not intended to be anything more than simply amusing, because it excludes a host of possible warning signs.  Along with directors, actors, plot possibilities...

http://www.badmovies.org/sideshows/articles/how-to-find-a-bad-movie.html

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 09:36:41 PM »

I think you can identify most of the movies in my collection using this guide . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 12:54:28 AM »

Well, it's good, but my favorite line is missing:

Plot Description:
It doesn't say, it just keeps threatening to scare the pants off me.

I'd point this line in this article out to total strangers.  It was one of my favorite things on the site.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 07:47:34 AM »

Well, it's good, but my favorite line is missing:

Plot Description:
It doesn't say, it just keeps threatening to scare the pants off me.

I'd point this line in this article out to total strangers.  It was one of my favorite things on the site.

Heh, that was the one part I kept playing around with when I was updating it.  I liked that version, but it was missing something.  I put it to one of the options I tried, which is almost like the original.  Actually, I like your slightly shortened version better.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
peter johnson

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 03:23:31 PM »

That's laugh-out-loud funny!
It had been years since I'd read it --
This is a good prompt to go back through the site here & visit some of the other spots that I haven't visited in awhile -- How many of us here (me!) tend to get stuck on the Forums & forget that there's a show here, people, not just chat!?!?
peter johnson/denny crane in mexico

I have no idea what this means.
Torgo

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 04:25:05 PM »

Awesome, but unless I noticed, you took the warning about a movie starring George Kennedy off of it.

Considering your eternal and humurous hatred for all things George Kennedy, I figured you would have left that on there.   Wink Drink

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 05:23:53 PM »

I figured that not many people would be aware of my George Kennedy allergy, since it does not pop up all that often.  Obviously, it will come out again when I finally review "Demonwarp."  Had to resist taking it out of the FAQ, though.

You know, it's not that he is so terrible, it's just that I ran into a slew of awful movies with him in them all around the same time.  Stuff like "Cool Hand Luke" and "The Dirty Dozen" do not give me any problems.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Torgo

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 07:06:06 PM »

I figured that not many people would be aware of my George Kennedy allergy, since it does not pop up all that often.  Obviously, it will come out again when I finally review "Demonwarp."  Had to resist taking it out of the FAQ, though.

You know, it's not that he is so terrible, it's just that I ran into a slew of awful movies with him in them all around the same time.  Stuff like "Cool Hand Luke" and "The Dirty Dozen" do not give me any problems.

That's my problem with him is that he's made so many god awful movies and a few classics. I thought that he was quite funny in The Naked Gun films.  He's not really that versatile of an actor it seems and not that many people know how to use him correctly when he does get a chance to get in a halfway decent film.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 12:21:56 PM »

Fantastic, the line is back in.

How's this for a bad movie party? Distribute flyers of the article to your friends, and whoever comes back with the highest scoring movie gets to inflict it on all the others. (This assumes your friends are movie masochists, of course.) Perhaps I'll have to try it at my next birthday party.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2007, 12:45:17 PM »

That's my problem with him is that he's made so many god awful movies and a few classics. I thought that he was quite funny in The Naked Gun films.  He's not really that versatile of an actor it seems and not that many people know how to use him correctly when he does get a chance to get in a halfway decent film.

He was good in the Naked Gun Films.  I liked him in Delta Force and his apperences on Match Game.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "How to find a bad movie" updated « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.