Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:31:04 PM
714158 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best find you ever got ? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Best find you ever got ?  (Read 6536 times)
GrandMaster
Dedicated Viewer

"I was born a baby"

« on: November 29, 2007, 10:13:22 PM »

Ever been browsing through DVD's somewhere and came upon something magnificent, with an even more magnificent price tag ?

My best find was probably the Lucio Fulci Collection Volume 1 for 4.99.

Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 10:40:43 PM »

Welcome aboard, GrandMaster!

This is a hard one to figure, but I'd say "The Blind Dead Collection" for, if memory serves right, about $45 or so.  Wonder if I could find that receipt?  No matter what, I know it was much less than the $89 I've seen online.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 10:56:20 PM »

About a month ago I got Brazil - The Criterion Collection (3-Disc Boxed Set) at a thrift store for 50 cents. It was like new and sells new on Amazon for $53.99, so I'd call that a $53.49 savings. Somehow I think that was a accidental donation.

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 11:00:16 PM »

I once found a copy of Demon Seed on Amazon for a penny (+ S&H), brand new, factory sealed.

Still, there are times I get pretty excited over some of the classic baddies I find on the $1.00 rack, my all time favorite being my first $1.00 DVD, Santa Claus (1959)

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Chang Saam
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 12:26:44 AM »

I was happy to find Duel to the Death for $10.00 at a Navy Exchange when I always saw it for $20+ on the internet.
GrandMaster
Dedicated Viewer

"I was born a baby"

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 01:00:38 AM »

About a month ago I got Brazil - The Criterion Collection (3-Disc Boxed Set) at a thrift store for 50 cents. It was like new and sells new on Amazon for $53.99, so I'd call that a $53.49 savings. Somehow I think that was a accidental donation.

dayum, I think you win man
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 01:14:41 AM »

dayum, I think you win man

The local thrift store sells all DVD's, VHS, CD's, Albums and Cassette for 50 cents each regardless of what it is. 99.9% is junk titles but I stop by to see what they've got, and I had to do a double take when I saw it, as I said somehow I think that was a accidental donation and someone out there is sill looking for it. I've stopped by there many times since and it's normally just junk title not worth 50 cents.

Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 03:56:42 AM »

"Blood Feast" on VHS with original big box art online from a warehouse in Tennessee for $1 + s&h. My favorite film of all time too!

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 07:19:24 AM »

Here are some of my favorite finds...most found at the flea market for $2.00 apeice.
.EVIL SPAWN-In the original BIG Box.
.2000 MANIACS-Big Box
.BLOOD FREAK-In the original VHS Video Gems Box!
.AVENGING DISCO GODFATHER-In the Xeon box!
.SOUL VENGANCE-Original Xeon box
.COMBAT SHOCK-for a dollar!!!
.DON't LOOK in the BASEMENT-Big clamshell box
....and my prize-DEVIL MASTER (aka) DEMON LOVER-Donald Jackson's Michigan made looong out of print z-budget Satanist movie...in origianl clamshell box!  Cheers
I have a LOT of videos in the old type huge clamshell cases....cheezy art and all!!!
I have a HUMAN MONSTER tape (with Bela Lugosi) that has a intro before the movie,showing some lady welcoming 'you to the world of video cassete recordings! We have many titles of classic films to choose from...many for under $30.00! No need to spend hundreds for your favorite film anymore!"  TeddyR

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 10:30:54 AM »

I picked up an abominable 1986 slasher flick called Night Ripper at a rental store sale 6 or 7 years ago for $2. Original clamshell case, in perfect condition, no stickers. Very rare, very badly made. There are a few copies of it being sold on Amazon with cut up box art slipped into basic VHS cases for $35+ with one original clamshell that fits the description of mine for $58. Makes me wish I'd bought more of the original clamshell videos back when stores were converting to DVD and getting rid of them for poor house prices.  Bluesad

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Torgo

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 11:34:50 PM »

I found the Criterion DVD of Robocop in a pawn shop used bin for only 8 bucks a few years back.  It was in mint condition too.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
TheDope
Movie Reviewer And Professional Nit-Picking Geek

Gone but not forgotten... well, KINDA forgotten.

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2007, 01:49:01 PM »

I guess mine would have to be my VHS of Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny.  Less than $2 at a going-out-of-business video shop.  Seriously, though, if you want to find some real good out of print videos, find a mom-and-pop video place selling its stock or any flea market where they may be trying to dump off some of their no-longer-in-demand tapes.

That's where I also got my copies of Mail Gun Massacre, Night of Horror and Slugs for less than 3 bucks, IIRC.

TheDope: bringing the conversation to a grinding halt since 2002.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2007, 04:21:15 PM »

I guess mine would have to be my VHS of Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny.  Less than $2 at a going-out-of-business video shop.  Seriously, though, if you want to find some real good out of print videos, find a mom-and-pop video place selling its stock or any flea market where they may be trying to dump off some of their no-longer-in-demand tapes.

That's where I also got my copies of Mail Gun Massacre, Night of Horror and Slugs for less than 3 bucks, IIRC.

I agree! Most of my vhs collection has come from Flea Markets.  Thumbup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2007, 09:06:55 PM »

The Criterion Collection release of The 39 Steps along with the restored DVD of Black Sabbath for $7 from a pawn shop.

All three seasons of Due South for about $17 each from Best Buy. It's a no frills edition, weak picture quality, and almost random chapters stops; but the prices were much less than the prices they were asking on Amazon a year or two earlier, maybe $45 a season. I'd like more features, better picture, etc but I doubt there's enough of a fan base for a bells and whistles anniversary edition.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Mortal Envelope
Bad Movie Lover

Manos...it's frightening!

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2007, 10:04:14 PM »

I love when rental places sell all of their VHS.  Got the following for a buck each:

Slaughter High
Deadly Friend
Shocker
Kentucky Fried Movie
Fire In the Sky
Aliens
Robocop 2
Ghoulies III
The Batman vs Dracula
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best find you ever got ? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.