Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:40:41 PM
714237 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best find you ever got ? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Best find you ever got ?  (Read 6538 times)
nada
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2007, 10:17:13 PM »

I love when rental places sell all of their VHS.  Got the following for a buck each:

Robocop 2

I'd buy that for a dollar  Smile
MST3KFan
Dedicated Viewer

Watches too many bad movies

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2007, 02:34:02 PM »

I have way too many to list I consider finds due to rental stores getting rid of VHS or Amazon's used section, but I'd say the best was getting Night of the Creeps for $2 on VHS at a local pawn shop. That was what truly got me buying up all the old movies I watched from rental places and stuff when I could. That and Terrorvision for $1.50 at another pawn shop when it wasn't going for under $20 used on Amazon.

Now I'm still waiting to luck out on scoring Galaxy of Terror among a few other movies for cheap somehow....

"And a noble race dies out...sometimes. This LOSER race though will not be missed." -Crow T Robot, MST3K "Prince of Space"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2007, 03:12:58 PM »

Is GALAXY of TERROR taht hard to find? I just GAVE a vhs of it to KYOTEC awhile back! DOH!  Buggedout

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
MST3KFan
Dedicated Viewer

Watches too many bad movies

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2007, 03:18:20 PM »

Is GALAXY of TERROR taht hard to find? I just GAVE a vhs of it to KYOTEC awhile back! DOH!  Buggedout

Not so much hard to find as it is hard to find cheap through Amazon. A few old horror movies of the 80s have proven to be quite pricey, yet with the possibility of not being released again hovering over...

"And a noble race dies out...sometimes. This LOSER race though will not be missed." -Crow T Robot, MST3K "Prince of Space"
316zombie
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2007, 07:19:20 PM »

you have terrorvision???i have a customer who would die to meet you!she ONLY wants the original vhs tape...btw,ebay has tons of galaxy of terror at varied prices,i wish i had one to sel,lol!
hey,does anyone know of a legit copy of dead of night,the dan curtis version?
316zombie
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2007, 07:21:54 PM »

oops,my best find was barn of the blood llama for 2 dollars,bought 2 copies,sold one for 64 dollars!with a penny start to the auction!!!
and i just got a great find,the original spiral staircase for 4 bucks,yay!!!!
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Never give up on love

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2007, 10:36:57 PM »

I don't think these are bad movies, but they are my best purchases.

My best ever purchase was a few weeks ago.  Soul Man with C. Thomas Howell for $3.00!!

The most recent good purchase was the entire boxed collection with extra features of Angel (David Boreanaz) for $129.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
RapscallionJones
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Grim & Frostbitten

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2007, 12:51:09 PM »

I used to troll this local junk store that served as a liquidation house for failing video stores.  They had bins full of thousands of tapes that I would spend an afternoon sifting through looking for gems.  I found a lot of treasure in these bins since these were mom and pop shops bowing out to the power of Blockbuster Video.  The greatest find I ever made was an original big box Wizard Video edition of The Texas Chaninsaw Massacre. 

A little history:  Charles Band was one of the first people in the infancy of the home video market to take a chance on horror movies.  He splurged on Txas Saw and was the first person to release it.  I believe it was the first Wizard Video release and is still in these post-VHS days to be a collector's item. 

The box was kept in a plastic slip case to protect it and even with that, it was still a little beat up.  The tape, itself, suffered from a few drop outs but otherwise looked good.  It cost me $2.50 and still fetches a heft price tag when it pops up on ebay.

Visit the b-movie blog
http://www.cinema-suicide.com
The required Myspace profile
http://www.myspace.com/cinemasuicide
316zombie
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2007, 06:35:40 PM »

you're not just whistling dixie!that baby goes for some bucks!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2007, 08:17:45 PM »

Texas Chainsaw Massacre ('70s version), for like, $4.99

also:

White Christmas- The Bing Crosby flick, for like, $6

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2007, 11:04:13 PM »

I've got this movie on VHS as well along with a DVD of it.

I'm not sure how many times it got released on VHS but I don't think it would be that hard to find on that particular format.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2007, 09:36:28 AM »

I got both the soundtrack and a brand new copy of the hip hop classic "Wild Style"  used for like 11.99 together.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best find you ever got ? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.