Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:48:13 PM
713368 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  How long does Amy Winehouse have? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Author Topic: How long does Amy Winehouse have?  (Read 46910 times)
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« on: December 03, 2007, 10:28:48 PM »

How long does Amy Winehouse have ... to live?

I thought of doing a poll, but I think that would be in poor taste. (More so than just speculating, barely)  But I wouldn't be surprised if the Vegas odds makers weren't taking bets.

Black Tar junkie Amy Winehouse is a bluesy singer is self destruction in front of the world. If you don't know her ...

Amy Winehouse wanders the streets semi-naked - as her mother-in-law says: 'She's taking more drugs than ever'

So how long does she have? Every know's she needs to say NO NO NO to the drugs and head back to rehab.

Amy Winehouse - Rehab Music Video
Small | Large

(linky fixed the other one had the embedding disabled)

If I was a bettin' man I'd say 12 months tops.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 06:57:45 PM by CheezeFlixz » Logged

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 10:35:27 PM »

Isn't she the one who recently showed up 30 minutes late to a performance, apparently drunk or drugged, and then cursed and yelled at the audience?  I can hardly care when rich or famous people self destruct.  It does make it obvious that character and self-control are not something you can pay for in any way, shape, or form.  You have to earn those with blood, sweat, and tears.  And, quite often, by eating a bit of rotten crow.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 10:37:50 PM »

She is the one and was boo'd off stage after about 3 songs she slurred and barely made it through. I agree they reap what they sow.

raj

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 09:33:02 AM »

Damn shame when anyone enters that addiction death spiral.  Instead of those dumbass "This is your brains on drugs" ads, they should just show her and Britney Spears montages;  "See kids, if you do drugs you could wind up as a worse parent than Kevin Federline"
frank
Bad Movie Lover

"I'm a big boy now, Johnny."

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 10:14:09 AM »

There is a nice theory that states that people don't self destruct because they became stars (and earn tons of money), but that they become stars because because they self destruct. Or, rather, show certain characteristics that are associated with self destruction. Most artist that avoid this can clearly separate between their "artist ego" and their "real ego". Rammstein pops into my mind. I recently saw a documentary on them, and although I don't like the music, the guys themselves seemed to be quite nice in real life AND they said clearly that their music is a performance, or a role they play when on stage. For the opposite a good example is Robbie Williams. He definitely does not separate between stage life and real life, but is by far more successful than e.g. Rammstein. So some scientists say that a specific type of character is more likely to be successful in entertainment professions (narcissistic, extremely outgoing persons for example), but these character issues are correlated with a affinity to self destruction. There is a nice article on this in the SPIEGEL magazine, unfortunately in German, but I think this phenomenon is global.

......"Now toddle off and fly your flying machine."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 11:02:18 AM »

I'd say less time than Britney. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 12:13:28 PM »

I agree with Frank. This is true not just of entertainers but of many professions. People who have trouble separating their own identity from the job they do are often going to succeed in their work. The problem is that it takes a toll on other parts of their lives - family, health, personal happiness. This is especially true of very public jobs that require people to work beyond 9 to 5 - actors, singers, journalists, politicians, clergy, doctors, cops, etc. Only people with a strong character, a healthy outlook and especially an ability to set boundaries are going to achieve the same kind of success without doing the damage.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 02:06:49 PM »

Like the old saying goes, success is the worst thing that can happen to some people.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Torgo

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 05:07:53 PM »

I may be in the minority here but I thought that she looked quite tasty when she had more weight on her.

But anyway, it's a shame she's p*ssing away her fame and fortune as she is a great singer when she isn't so loaded up that she's either yelling at the paying audience or slurring her way through particular songs.

I saw her on Letterman a while back and she delivered a nice performance there but she's just too erratic in nature right now for me to see anyone  paying to see her live.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 05:32:19 PM »

I may be in the minority here but I thought that she looked quite tasty when she had more weight on her.

I doubt you are in the minority, when she had some weight on her she looked ... oh I don't know, healthy?

Now she just looks like a bony heroin hooker.

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 06:21:20 PM »

Yeah, Ms. Winehouse may have a decent singing voice, but that's about it.
She's one ugly broad!

She even made Maxim's list of The Five Unsexiest Women Alive.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007, 05:29:30 PM »

But anyway, it's a shame she's p*ssing away her fame and fortune as she is a great singer when she isn't so loaded up that she's either yelling at the paying audience or slurring her way through particular songs.
I think she's very talented, and was not unattractive (though definitely not my type).  Though she is unattractive these days.  It's sad how quickly she's spiralling out of control in front of the whole world. 
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 05:36:03 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2007, 07:05:50 PM »

Amy who? Question

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2007, 08:36:09 PM »

Are those WHITE BOOGERS?

Torgo

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2007, 08:59:39 PM »

She's been nominated for 6 Grammies from what I've read.

Man, she needs to get her teeth fixed!

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  How long does Amy Winehouse have? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.