Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:23:54 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Guitar Hero/Rock Band Song Wish List « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Guitar Hero/Rock Band Song Wish List  (Read 17085 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: December 04, 2007, 11:01:27 AM »

Since both of these games are kind of my drug in life,  a few friends and I were talking about what songs would be an awesome addition to the game.  Granted a few death metal songs would rule, however they seem to do a lot more of the famous songs/artists so we tried our best to keep reality in focus.  Heres a few we came up with, feel free to add your own wish list.

Sepultura - Refuse/Resist
Korn - Blind, Freak On A Leash
Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart
Def Leppard-Photograph, Pour Some Sugar On Me
The Cult-She Sells Sanctuary, Love Removal Machine
Motley Crue-Dr. Feelgood
Pantera-Walk, This Love
Ozzy-Crazy Babies
Aerosmith-Walk This Way, Love In An Elevator, Rag Doll
Led Zep-Rock N Roll, Trampled Underfoot
Megadeth-Peace Sells
The Misfits-Last Caress
Survivor-Eye Of The Tiger
Autograph-Turn Up The Radio
Georgia Satellites-Keep Your Hands To Yourself

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 01:17:23 PM »

In a perfect world, I'd be able to pop anything by Sublime, Gogol Bordello, Rancid, or Electric Six into my system and the game would translate every track into levels of the game. When that day comes, my pants will not be able to remain clean.  TeddyR

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
RapscallionJones
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Grim & Frostbitten

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 02:04:22 PM »

I dream about this.  Seriously.  My obsession and simultaneous mastery of Guitar Hero have, quite literally, caused me to dream about playing certain songs as I sleep.  If I had my way:

Yes: Roundabout, South Side of the Sky
Queens of the Stone Age: First It Giveth
In Flames: Pinball Map
Emperor: I Am The Black Wizards, Curse You All Men
Dimmu Borgir: Progenies of the Great Apocalypse
Andrew WK: She Is Beautiful, Victory Strikes Again
Children of Bodom: If You Want Peace Prepare For War
Weezer: No One Else
Thin Lizzy: Jail Break, The Emerald
Ted Nugent: Free For All, Cat Scratch Fever
Municipal Waste: Lunch Hall Food Brawl, Unleash The Bastards, Attention Defecit Destroyer
The Misfits: Hybrid Moments, Astro Zombies, Bullet
Metallica: Seek And Destroy, Master of Puppets
Led Zeppelin: Immigrant Song, Whole Lotta Love
Judas Priest: Breaking The Law, Painkiller, All Guns Blazing, Screaming For Vengeance
Iron Maiden: Where Eagles Dare, Aces High
Black Sabbath: Into The Void, Children of the Grave, Die Young
Anthrax: Caught In A Mosh, Indians

I could go on and on and on.  There are supposedly whole album downloads coming down for Rock Band but that has yet to be seen.  The official first release is going to be Who's Next by The Who which makes my head spin.  Baba Reilly would be on my wishlist if it weren't destined for DLC already.  I guess there's some Metallica album slated which I'm hoping for Master of Puppets, but I know it will be the self-titled (or Black Album, what have you).  Nirvana's Nevermind is up for DLC, too but I'm probably the only person on earth who doesn't give a s**t about that.

Visit the b-movie blog
http://www.cinema-suicide.com
The required Myspace profile
http://www.myspace.com/cinemasuicide
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 07:24:48 PM »

Anthrax: Caught In A Mosh

Rocks In The 80s has this one.  Good routine although the three chords mess me up in the beginning at times.

Small | Large

Good choices, heres a few more I thought of;

Anthrax-A.I.R., I Am The Law
Metallica-Battery, For Whom The Bell Tolls, The Thing That Should Not Be
Slayer-Angel Of Death
Judas Priest-Metal Gods
James Gang-Walk Away

« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 07:33:36 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm

RapscallionJones
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Grim & Frostbitten

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 10:46:40 AM »

Damn.  I sort of wish I had a PS2 for that.  Holy Diver by Dio is on that game, too, apparently.  I also heard that Hellion/Electric Eye by Judas Priest is there, as well.

With the exception of You Really Got Me from GH2, there is a shocking lack of Van Halen in these games.  Rock Band is practically screaming for Hot For Teacher, Unchained and Running With The Devil.

Visit the b-movie blog
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 12:13:05 PM »

Holy Diver is one of my favs in Rocks The 80s.  I often wondered why they didn't come out with a Xbox 360 version of that game.  My father in law probably couldn't be moved form the house willingly if they did.  They have a pretty good mix too so you can mix it up with new wave and metal. 

Totally with you about the lack of VH.  Unchained is one of my top choices too.  I'd also like to nominate Mean Street, Beautiful Girls and Poundcake (I should make note thats the only Sammi Hagar era song I would nominate). 

Heres one a little outside the box for a fun retro 80s pop adventure in Rock Band; Prince, Lets Go Crazy. 

DarkSider's Realm

RapscallionJones
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Grim & Frostbitten

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 01:50:13 PM »

Heres one a little outside the box for a fun retro 80s pop adventure in Rock Band; Prince, Lets Go Crazy. 
I often wonder if at any point during the development of those games if Prince ever came up.  He's not the first name that comes to mind when I think guitar gods but the guy can shred like crazy.  Baby I'm A Star is also a righteous song from Purple Rain.  U Got The Look from Sign O' The Times is also a good choice.

Visit the b-movie blog
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 07:28:37 PM »

Yeah thats the thing, Prince is often lumped into the whole goofy 80s thing but he's a great musician.  I liked Lets Go Crazy for Rock Band because the vocals are fun, the rhythms are catchy and the drums seem manageable.  The best part would be the big finish with the free style.  Hopefully they'll consider him down the line. 

I talked to one of my coworker's teenage son about this topic and it seems he suffers from the same condition we have of imagining possible routines to this game. 

DarkSider's Realm

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 01:15:03 PM »

I would want to hear some Metallica myself but from the very early stuff from Kill Em All album. I wanna see peoples face's when they try to play "Hit The Lights".

I would like some more Hardcore like Black Flag or Reagan Youth but I don't think that would happen. And more Queen would be nice. Their was only like one Queen song in the entire series.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 06:05:29 PM »

And more Queen would be nice. Their was only like one Queen song in the entire series.
Killer Queen if memory serves me correct on the first one.  Not my top choice in the band's catalog so I hope as well they broden the Queen rotation. 

DarkSider's Realm

Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2007, 11:54:48 PM »

Wow... Got a copy of GH3 for the 360, and have been playing that for the last day.

My left wrist... hurts.  Getting the hang of hammer-ons and pull-offs while I'm still playing easy, figure that's the best thing.  The game is completely fun though.  =)
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2007, 01:26:44 AM »

One legendary guitarist that came to mind recently: Link Wray. Man, what I wouldn't give to rock my socks off to the likes of "Ace of Spades", "Run Chicken Run", "Jack the Ripper" and, of course, "Rumble".  Thumbup TeddyR

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2007, 02:45:35 AM »

"Ace of Spades" is available as a download for Guitar Hero II on the 360. EDIT: I am now aware this is not the Motorhead song you are talking about.

Just got Rock Band for Christmas, which is an insane amount of fun. I'm throwing a get together this weekend to play the game.

A couple things I have noticed as far as Rock Band goes, the strum bar on the supplied guitar is much harder to strum, resulting in a tired forearm halfway through most of the songs. Considering the strum work on most of the new songs, a nod to the cooperative nature of the game, this is a pretty big issue. I personally prefer the guitar included with the 360 version of GH2, solely for this difference, which is a shame because I otherwise do not like the design of that guitar.

I don't usually have the four players required to completely fill out the band, so I've been splitting time with my brother trying to sing while playing guitar or drums. Alright if I know the words. I can't sing well, so even if I could concentrate solely on singing it would be a dicey issue. But did I mention how fun Rock Band is? Hopefully we'll be seeing a lot more downloadable songs in the near future.

They have plans to release full albums for the game, I'd love to see the entirety of "The Bends" available. I'd also have a soft spot for some Jesus and Mary Chain. The deemphasis of guitar opens up quite a variety of music. I'm not a big pop fan when listening to songs, but that changes entirely when "performing" with a large group.

That being said, Rock Band's playlist is surprisingly good. "Suffragette City" is an inspired choice.

EDIT: Just for a goof, since it came up on my playlist today, I'd like to see Babylon A.D. performing "The Kid Goes Wild". Hey, it was in ROBOCOP 2 and featured Sam Kinison. Why the hell not? And if "Why the hell not" let's see some Skinny Puppy circa Too Dark Park.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 10:19:18 PM by Mofo Rising » Logged

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2007, 11:45:50 AM »

Rock Band is a lot of fun, especially with an all four line up.  I wish I had more time on drums but my access to Rock Band is limited.  My wife's stepfather owns it and I usually get over there once a week to play.  I'm currently dabbling in the medium level of play.  I suggested that we should get a mike stand so one person could sing and do bass.

I got the wireless controller set with GH3 for Xmas and I've been trying to get through Metallica's One on hard.  I'm a bit shaky with hammer ons and pull offs so its been challenging. 

DarkSider's Realm

Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2008, 05:34:35 AM »

I would love to have a go at the hammer-ons and pull-ofs in SRV's "Rude Mood."     I think my arm would fall off after trying it on a harder setting though.   hot    For that matter, I'd love to play several of his songs... "Hide Away" from the Montreaux album.  "Scuttle buttin'."

The bass line in "Dead End Job" (the Police) would be fun.

The whole boxed set of Led Zeppelin should be dropped in the game too.  'cept for Stairway.

"Bad to the Bone."  (Is that in GH2?)   Ah, dang!  "Misirlou" is in GH2!  Now I have to get that one...

I would especially love to be able to mess around playing "Dirty Juice" by Big Head Todd and the Monsters (know that one?)

"Ain't That a Shame," Cheap Trick.

"Hot for Teacher," Van Halen! !!!! !!!

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Guitar Hero/Rock Band Song Wish List « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.