Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:39:14 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Heroes finale (spoilerific) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Heroes finale (spoilerific)  (Read 5699 times)
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« on: December 05, 2007, 02:29:13 PM »

Well, the season finale of Heroes is once again something of a disappointment compared to the setup.

If they can't find some way to handle a plot involving Peter without writing him as a complete idiot, they need to stop having plots revolve around him.

Seriously, how many people told him that Adam was dangerous and deceitful, and he still didn't get very suspicious?  Why not do a quick mind-read on Adam to see if he's honest?  Why let Adam handle the destruction of the virus, when he could just as easily do it himself?  If Adam was serious about destroying the virus, he couldn't very well object to Peter phasing into the vault to destroy the virus alone, could he?

Speaking of which, ripping open the vault with TK was obviously stupid given the alternative powers he had that would allow him to get in there more easily.

The writers in this show always seem to do really well up until the end of the story arc, then they get lazy tying up all the plot threads they've left loose.

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 02:43:23 PM »

I enjoyed it but you have to consider that this is actually not the season finale.  This is the mid-season finale.  Half of the season is over and the other half will probably air around February or March of '08.

That said, there were a few good twists in this episode.  Nikki is (possibly) dead which leaves Micah without any parents.  I'm wondering if it won't play out in some sort of revenge plot once the season begins again.

Then there is Sylar.  He's got his powers back, which I felt was a fantastic idea.  Sylar and Hiro were the two big standouts in the first season and we certainly got enough Hiro this season.  Sylar was around but he just wasn't the same without his powers.  Now he has them back and it seems to me that he'll do anything he can to get on top again.

Then, Nathan got assassinated while revealing to the world that he could fly.  I'm not much for Adrian Pasdar's other work but I can honestly say that I'm sad to see him go, if he is gone.  I have a feeling that Claire, who if you remember, is also his real daughter, will use her blood to bring him back.  It worked for Noah, so I don't see why not for Nathan.

I do agree that Peter has been a completely oblivious fool this season, but they had to further the plot somehow.  Adam healed Nathan after the nuclear explosion, and to Peter, Nathan was everything.  I can see Peter falling for Adam's manipulation to an extent, but I can't honestly believe that he wouldn't heed Hiro's warnings.  Not only that, but he came very close to killing Hiro.  I think that we are starting to see some darkness that has been brewing within Peter.  Considering Nathan's assassination, I think we'll see a great deal more.

So, Hiro buried Adam in a coffin somewhere.  That's not going to last for long.  I have a feeling that Adam will come back in some fashion.  It seemed that his screaming was audible from outside of the grave, so maybe someone will find him and dig him up?

I was so happy when Sylar finally shot the mexican "wonder twin".  Her and her brother were the two characters that I really didn't like this season.  The show seemed to slow down whenever they were the focus.  Mohinder bringing her back to life wasn't something that I cheered.

We both mentioned Peter being stupid this season, but WTF was wrong with Mohinder?  Could someone be so stupid?  Trusting the company, trying to get Claire to join their side, SHOOTING NOAH IN THE EYE!?!?  For a genius geneticist, he's a dumbass.  It seems that this season, he made all of the wrong decisions and he ended up putting everyone, including Molly in a huge amount of danger.

I'm excited to see more episodes in the next few months.  This season started off slow but it's gotten consistently better with each episode.  I have a feeling that the actual season finale will be much, much better.

And, if you can't tell, I'm a huge Heroes fanboy.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 09:56:20 PM »

It helps if you take the show as you took the comic book stories (back in the day) -- there are story arcs, and the characters move the arc along, sometimes doing things that don't entirely jive with the character's tendencies viewed by themselves.       It's kind of like how you have to accept that Romeo and Juliet fall in love at first sight.   You just have to suspend disbelief.

I think they do a great job in the show of writing superhero stories, and developing interesting characters. 

I was disappointed that Maya didn't stay dead, too. 

Hiro's vengeance on Adam was great, too, wasn't it?  Sure, Adam is going to get out, but Hiro made the statement -- I'm not going to just kill you.  I'm going to bury you alive and leave you there to suffer.    It bespoke Hiro's need for vengeance much, much better than just a drawcut decapitation.  And it displayed a certain lethality that I hadn't thought Hiro had in him.  =)

So, thoughts:

-  Elle.  Going to be a good guy now?  Going to toast her daddy in a fit of madness? 

-  Claire will save her (biological) dad, I am sure.

-   Figure Nikki survived.  How?  She had no way to survive unless through dumb luck.  Or a fall into a sub-basement?

-   Mohinder meets Noah again.   How will that meeting go?

-   Where is the Haitian?  What is he up to?

-   Sylar.   Molly can find him now.  Will Sylar go after Maya, or will he go after the Company?
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 10:11:15 PM »

Hiro's vengeance on Adam was great, too, wasn't it?  Sure, Adam is going to get out, but Hiro made the statement -- I'm not going to just kill you.  I'm going to bury you alive and leave you there to suffer.    It bespoke Hiro's need for vengeance much, much better than just a drawcut decapitation.  And it displayed a certain lethality that I hadn't thought Hiro had in him.  =)

So, thoughts:

-  Elle.  Going to be a good guy now?  Going to toast her daddy in a fit of madness? 

-  Claire will save her (biological) dad, I am sure.

-   Figure Nikki survived.  How?  She had no way to survive unless through dumb luck.  Or a fall into a sub-basement?

-   Mohinder meets Noah again.   How will that meeting go?

-   Where is the Haitian?  What is he up to?

-   Sylar.   Molly can find him now.  Will Sylar go after Maya, or will he go after the Company?

Some thoughts on your comments:

First, I agree about Hiro.  That final scene with him speaking to Ando in the cubicle.....you could see a true hatred on Hiro's face.  You speak of a lethality in Hiro that had not been seen before, but think back to the first season.  Hiro visits Peter from the future, and we get the episode where we see super-badass-Hiro in full ninja mode.  I have a feeling that Hiro will become a much bigger and more deadly part of the story as it progresses.

I also agree that Elle will turn good at some point.  I kept telling my wife while we were watching the finale, that I figured she was going to kill Bob by the end of the episode.  Since that didn't happen, I'm figuring they are waiting till the end of the full season to bring that into the story.

I believe that Nikki probably survived by summoning her powers.  Sure, the "cure" or "Virus" took those powers away, but every comic fan knows that the cures never work for long.  Take a look at X-Men for proof of that.  I figure that in her moment of distress, she was able to summon her strength without the help of Jessica or whichever personality she has otherwise.  She will probably be back.

I have a feeling that Noah will forgive Mohinder cause that seems to be the guy he is.  Wasn't it Mohinder that gave Noah Claire's blood to bring him back?  They had a discussion after his being brought back to life.  I think things will smooth over there, especially once Mohinder realizes how stupid he has been.

I was wondering about the Haitian as well.  Last time we saw him was in Odessa in the Ukraine.  He's one of the most interesting characters, and I was hoping to see him pop up an episode or two ago when Claire tried to call him with the wind chimes. 

I don't think that Sylar will go after The Company.  I'm sure he'll go after Maya as her power could have a huge impact on the world.  I'm thinking that he'll do what he can to find some others whose powers he can steal, and try to complete his quest of being the best of them all.  I see a huge battle between him and Peter probably by the end of the season. 

Also, what was up with Matt's father this season?  The character was built up last season as being much worse than Sylar, and being "The Nightmare Man".  Sure he locked Molly in her mind for a few days, but other than that, not much happened with him.  He's not dead at the moment, just locked in his own nightmare.  I'm wondering if he won't come around and try to take down the heroes along with the company.  He might even be the one to dig up Adam? 

All questions that are waiting to be answered.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2007, 12:06:53 AM »

The other questions I've pondered:

1.   How long will Claire's blood work on a dead person?  Does the brain have to be intact?   Can a few cells be brought back (like Wolverine in that one x-men annual)?        IE:  could Linderman be exhumed and revived?  Could DL?  What about that cute Texan waitress, or Nathan?   Or Isaac?

2.    Can Peter's blood work the same way?  (presumably not)

3.    Maya, I've decided, is the next Ted.  She has a power that can't do anything constructive and is terribly dangerous.  She is a dead end, as a character.  She's going to die somehow, i predict, in a few episodes.   The question is, what might she accomplish first.

4.    My best friend maintains that Adam was placed inside Hiro's dad's coffin.  I thought it was an adjacent grave.  Will have to look again.  Cannot imagine Hiro actually putting Adam in with his father's remains.

5.    Agree with your comment about future-Hiro.  I thought of that after I'd closed my browser and started cleaning the kitchen.  Hiro can become a ruthless person, we are shown, if he becomes aggrieved enough. 

6.    Damn it, WHAT is Ma Petrelli's power?  What is it?  What?  What?  What?  What?

7.    Agree with your point about the anticlimax of Maury as a character.  He's conveniently within reach to bring back if he becomes useful in a story arc, basically.  It is, though, in keeping with typical conventions of telling a superhero story.

8.    Has to come down to another battle between Peter and Sylar -- only Peter can stand up to Sylar.  Sylar could even dust the Haitian, if he had some warning -- the Haitian's power appears to have a radius, and Sylar could of course huck city buses at the Haitian if given enough of a free fire zone.

9.    Side note:  Peter has encountered the Haitian, and has his powers, too.  So he could, were he so motivated, teleport up to Sylar and damp out his powers.... then tear his arms off, Nikki style, or whatever.  I had not thought that one through until just now.  Oh,  my...

Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2007, 01:12:04 AM »

The other questions I've pondered:

1.   How long will Claire's blood work on a dead person?  Does the brain have to be intact?   Can a few cells be brought back (like Wolverine in that one x-men annual)?        IE:  could Linderman be exhumed and revived?  Could DL?  What about that cute Texan waitress, or Nathan?   Or Isaac?

2.    Can Peter's blood work the same way?  (presumably not)

3.    Maya, I've decided, is the next Ted.  She has a power that can't do anything constructive and is terribly dangerous.  She is a dead end, as a character.  She's going to die somehow, i predict, in a few episodes.   The question is, what might she accomplish first.

4.    My best friend maintains that Adam was placed inside Hiro's dad's coffin.  I thought it was an adjacent grave.  Will have to look again.  Cannot imagine Hiro actually putting Adam in with his father's remains.

5.    Agree with your comment about future-Hiro.  I thought of that after I'd closed my browser and started cleaning the kitchen.  Hiro can become a ruthless person, we are shown, if he becomes aggrieved enough. 

6.    Damn it, WHAT is Ma Petrelli's power?  What is it?  What?  What?  What?  What?

7.    Agree with your point about the anticlimax of Maury as a character.  He's conveniently within reach to bring back if he becomes useful in a story arc, basically.  It is, though, in keeping with typical conventions of telling a superhero story.

8.    Has to come down to another battle between Peter and Sylar -- only Peter can stand up to Sylar.  Sylar could even dust the Haitian, if he had some warning -- the Haitian's power appears to have a radius, and Sylar could of course huck city buses at the Haitian if given enough of a free fire zone.

9.    Side note:  Peter has encountered the Haitian, and has his powers, too.  So he could, were he so motivated, teleport up to Sylar and damp out his powers.... then tear his arms off, Nikki style, or whatever.  I had not thought that one through until just now.  Oh,  my...

Karma for being as consumed by the show as I am.   Smile

I had also wondered about how long a person could be dead before being brought back to life.  It has been said that only decapitation could kill someone such as Claire, Adam or even Peter.  That being said, they couldn't possibly bring Lindermann back as DL ripped out a good portion of his head, and presumably brain.  I think that he is gone for good.  But, then again, Noah was shot through the eye, so the bullet probably lodged/went through his brain and he was able to be revived.....so I don't quite know.  Also, they need to bring Charlie, the cute waitress back.  Jayma Mays is a celeb crush of mine.  Must be the red hair. 

I've also wondered if Peter's blood could also help as Claire's can.  I'm unsure.  If so, why didn't he try to help Nathan, instead of recruiting Adam to do so?  Doesn't make much sense, but I wouldn't rule it out.

As for Maya being the next Ted....I believe I agree with you.  I don't think she'll be around for long, and she is just there as "power fodder" for both Peter and Sylar.  Peter will gain her power at some point then Sylar will kill her and take her power. 

Adam, I don't believe, was buried in Kaito's grave.  It was obviously the same graveyard but not the same grave.  If it was though, that would add another malicious level to Hiro.  Sticking Adam in the grave of someone he killed, having to be there while the body rots....vicious.

I've also wondered about Mrs. Petrelli.  She's an evil old bag which I would have never guessed when the series first started.  Also, what was Nathan and Peter's father's power?  That, to my knowledge, has never been brought up either.

I hadn't thought about Peter using the Haitian's powers.  That's genius!  Then again, what if the Haitian's power of taking away one's powers actually caused Peter to not take up his power.  Hopefully that makes sense typed out.  LOL. 

inframan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 02:46:03 PM »

I want to know what happened to the ipod's.

Also I thought that Sylar would only regain his own power to absorb and that he would have to start over again on stealing powers from others.

I'm thinking that all these characters being injected with the healing blood might have some side effects later. Maybe they'll have a small amount of healing power or just wont age like Adam? Probably wouldn't be interesting enough to write into a story line but this is the kind of thing I think about.
Amanda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2007, 09:47:47 PM »

Ok, I know that I am REALLY late into this conversation, and will probably not get any responses, but here goes anyway.

I tend to think incredibly far fetched thoughts when it comes to Heroes....here are some of my most random and inplausible ideas:

Nathan was cured by Adam's blood.  I think the chances of him actually being dead are slim to none, and are actually better than Nikki's chances. 

I am kind of thinking that perhaps maybe....Adam could maybe be one of the Petrelli's fathers.  I mean, their Dad wasn't the nicest to them and since Claire has the same healing ability as Adam....well......not to mention how Mrs. Petrelli couldn't kill him....

As far as Peter's blood being able to heal like Claire's and Adam's, maybe their is a weakness factor--it's not ACTUALLY his power, so it's not as effective in, what would be third hand transmission in Peter's case. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Maya was actually the source of the virus that wipes out the population, instead of whatever was created by Primatech. 

Don't know what Mr. Petrelli's power was....what about Joanna Cassidy and even Kaito's?  Simone's dad? 

I was disappointed in Maury.  I was expecting a lot more from that. 

Amanda
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 10:02:06 PM »

OK I am SUPER late but as for what's going to happen....

Maury's going to use his power to get out of the nightmare.

Someone's going to use Molly to find Adam.

If Peter doesn't use his blood to cure Nathan, he'll be an idiot not to go back in time to tell him to put on a bullet proof vest.

The new discovery of Claire's healing blood might cause the revival of some awesome characters like Issac, DL, Linderman, Ted, AND IT WILL POISON MAYA!!!

And Peter should use his teleportation to just pop up behind Sylar and use his telekinesis to rip Sylar's brain in half or blow up his heart or something.

Sylar goes nuts, kills Hiro, teleports to the center of the Earth and freezes it!!  (The Earth will stop moving due to this and we will all crash into the sun.)

Or a person arises with the ability to turn people into zombies and then, let's hope everyones read the zombie survival guide on this site.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Heroes finale (spoilerific) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.