Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:54:06 AM
714359 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Niagra falls?, Vietnam War, kung fu: What was this movie? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Niagra falls?, Vietnam War, kung fu: What was this movie?  (Read 3205 times)
mixon72
Dedicated Viewer

« on: December 09, 2007, 10:03:17 PM »

Question
I remember this movie from the early 80's and I can tell you that it was on VHS.  The plot was a group of soldiers in Vietnam and one of them was Asian, not sure what nationality.  Anyway, they were in combat, one of them got hit and was calling out, the last guy past him was who I'm going to say was the Vietnamese soldier who was in the U.S. soldiers unit.  He went right on by him.  When the rest of the unit asked him why he didn't get him, he said that he was already dead.  Well, long story short all the guys in the unit beat up the Vietnamese soldier with him because they left their buddy behind to die at the hands of the enemy.  They leave HIM for dead in the jungle now.  Then, fast forward 10-20 years.  Everyone is back in the states, out of the military and back to civilian life.  The Vietnamese soldier from their unit survived and is hunting down all of the members of the unit to get his revenge by killing them one by one.  After he kills each one he burns their image out of a picture that he keeps that has every member of the unit in it.  Well, out of the last two guys in the unit, they figure out what is going on and they try to defend themselves.  One guy still gets killed.  The last one, goes home, gets his machine gun out of storage, ammo, etc. and goes out hunting for this Vietnamese guy.  They fight with guns, hand to hand kung fu, and the last scene of the movie they're fighting close to a waterfall, Niagra falls I think, and they both go over the water fall.  The Vietnamese guy dies in the fall, the American guy survives and swims over to the body of the other guy boot knife in hand to finish the job only to see that the Vietnamese guy is dead.  At that point, he knows the nightmare is over.  End of movie.

Now, one interesting thing about the movie, the Vietnamese character has a hurt hand, for the entire movie.  He has a black glove over just part of his hand.  Two or three fingers I think, but not the whole hand. 

It's a great movie.  Should have been out around the early 80's.

Anybody got any clues?

mixon72
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 10:08:48 PM »

"Search and Destroy" possibly?

EDIT TO ADD:

Holy cow, and it is out on DVD finally!  (If "Search and Destroy" is indeed your film, which I think it is.)

Amazon.com

The link gives me credit if you purchase it.  If you would rather not, just go by Amazon (or your favorite DVD source) and search on the title.   It pops right up.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 10:11:49 PM by Andrew » Logged

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
mixon72
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 08:30:30 PM »

hot Thumbup TeddyR

YES!  I looked it up on IMDB for the description and that's it!

Thanks a million.  I'll see if I can find it on Amazon.

mixon72
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Niagra falls?, Vietnam War, kung fu: What was this movie? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.