Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:18:12 AM
714308 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A Movie based on original material you hope to never see............. « previous next »
Poll
Question: If they were making a movie based on one of these "classic" creations-which would disgust you most of all?
The Legend Of Zelda - 1 (5.9%)
Captain Planet - 5 (29.4%)
Super Friends - 0 (0%)
I Love Lucy - 11 (64.7%)
Donkey Kong - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 17

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: A Movie based on original material you hope to never see.............  (Read 6747 times)
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2007, 11:36:45 AM »

Nyet to Lucy!
It won't work. No good looking chick could be that goofy and pull it off. No one I can think of, anyhoo...

The other stuff, though. It might could work...if the attitude is right.
CAPTIAN PLANET! As written by Ann Coulter. Now theres a cure for complacency...

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
respectmeordye3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2007, 01:07:47 PM »

Well to be honest there are a couple Brit shows I love.

The Office(althought I like the American one more)

and Mr. Bean(though the first Bean movie sucked--but Bean's Holiday was awesome)

Aside from those two shows Brit comedies stink and are not funny at all.
What exactly do you hate about British humor? And have you ever seen the shows you claim to hate?
As an add on, I'll be honest and say I like a lot of british humor, such as monty python, red dwarf, benny hill etc. etc.
And now that I remember it fualty towers, John Cleese at his best
I just don't find it funny--I've tried believe me--Red Dwarf,Monty Python and several others---aside from The Office(which was IMHO improved in the American version) and Mr. Bean (Which was ruined in his first movie but made up for it in his second movie) British comedy just is not funny. Don't get me wrong----I like Cleese and other Brit comics---but their idea of humor just sucks most of the time.
respectmeordye3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2007, 03:05:49 PM »

Ooohhh,ooooohhhh, you know what would really scare me?

A Ronald McDonald And Buddies theatrical movie!

Although I think those stupidly unfunny Burger King ads with the dork dressed like the title character would easily be worse.......

or another Micheal Moore Movie. I mean I like fiction but Moore goes to far with his brand of fiction.......

It's bad enough they are doing another Terminator movie, a new Terminator series, Aaaaaaannnnnnnd another Scary Movie---part 5!

« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 03:09:27 PM by respectmeordye3 » Logged
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2007, 03:06:10 PM »

Well to be honest there are a couple Brit shows I love.

The Office(althought I like the American one more)

and Mr. Bean(though the first Bean movie sucked--but Bean's Holiday was awesome)

Aside from those two shows Brit comedies stink and are not funny at all.
What exactly do you hate about British humor? And have you ever seen the shows you claim to hate?
As an add on, I'll be honest and say I like a lot of british humor, such as monty python, red dwarf, benny hill etc. etc.
And now that I remember it fualty towers, John Cleese at his best
I just don't find it funny--I've tried believe me--Red Dwarf,Monty Python and several others---aside from The Office(which was IMHO improved in the American version) and Mr. Bean (Which was ruined in his first movie but made up for it in his second movie) British comedy just is not funny. Don't get me wrong----I like Cleese and other Brit comics---but their idea of humor just sucks most of the time.
I'll respect that. I was just curious becuase a lot of people I know hate british humor, but they never even watched one brit show.
respectmeordye3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2007, 03:13:43 PM »

Well to be fair--I never agreed with  the whole "America screwed up "The Office" when they Americanized it" mentallity, I mean if it's gonna be Americanized it HAS to have a somewhat different type of humor to it--Brit Humor and American Humor are just natuarally different.

That being said....I think the Americans did screw up "Mr. Bean" for his first movie because all they really did was repeat old jokes he had already done---just not as funny.

But anyhoo, Bean is the main reason I started giving Brit comedies a chance. I figure if your gonna give an opinion on something you should at least give it a chance--sometimes I'm happy I am(Second Hand Lions) and then sometimes I regret doing so--("Unaccompanied Minors, Are We There Yet?" )
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 03:19:07 PM by respectmeordye3 » Logged
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2007, 05:31:52 PM »

>play dvd
You can't see any dvd here now

>go get dvd
You can't go that way

>go to walmart
You are now at Walmart

>take walmart
You have got to be kidding!

>enter walmart
You are now inside Walmart.  An old man wearing a blue apron is here.

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle Karma!

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
respectmeordye3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2007, 06:00:38 PM »

Not Karma--hell.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2007, 07:51:41 PM »

The cartoons and video game-based shows mean zero to me...not being a child of the 80's -so if they did something with them...I wouldn't care. And...truth to tell...Lucy wasn't a big hit with me either. Actually...most movies based on TV shows or cartoons I avoid like the plague.I have never seen the Spiderman,Hulk,X-Men,Josie and the p***y Cats,etc...films...and I doubt I ever will.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Justy
Bad Movie Lover

Oh the humanity!

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2007, 07:52:36 AM »

Concerning I Love Lucy doesn't The Long, Long Trailer qualify as an I Love Lucy movie. Yeah it officially wasn't Lucy and Ricky but they were the same characters.

Although a modern release would be scary as hell.

-----------------------------------------
"Hey that's great, but who're the Chefs?"
-----------------------------------------
peter johnson

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2007, 12:54:38 AM »

On topic:
Most movie/TV adaptations are inferior because they lack the snap and the brio that make a half-hour situation comedy work.  Sitation comedies on TV work best in short form -- a movie has to be long to justify its existance.  Lucy, as a film, could still work today if they got someone like Gwen Stefani in the role -- someone who was willing to do any physical thing to make it fly.
The problem with "Lucy", as we know the show on TV, and as far as adapting for Film, is that it already had existed for a decade or more on radio before it went before the cameras and the vision of Desi Arnaz.  People like to poke fun at Arnaz as some kind of ignorant Spic, but research what he invented for TV:  The 3 camera shooting set, the 3-shot edit, etc. etc.
On Brit TV:  Well, there's no accounting for taste, as they say, but everyone on this website should at least give "Blackadder" and "Father Ted" a flying chance.  People who claim to not understand "British" humour seem to me to be bearing a grudge against "As Time Goes By" when they make a historical reference.  "Father Ted" deals with "Drink! Girls! Fek!!" and other human concerns.  Ditto "Blackadder":  Sax, violins, and tarts with huuugggeeee . . . tracts of land . . .
peter spike milligan/denny goon show

I have no idea what this means.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A Movie based on original material you hope to never see............. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.