Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 15, 2024, 12:21:00 AM
712705 Posts in 53033 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Xtro « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Xtro  (Read 24366 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: December 07, 2007, 04:58:23 PM »

Reader review by D-Man.  A man who has been missing for years suddenly returns and upsets the new life his wife and son created in his absence.  Even more upsetting is what the man has become - under the skin.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
onionhead
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 08:44:44 PM »

Truly weird film--my initial exposure to it was as a VHS rental, but lately I've seen it brutally butchered on cable.  May need to pick it up oin DVD.

Some people like cupcakes better--I for one care less for them
Torgo

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 11:17:21 PM »

I used to have this on VHS.  Like Andrew mentioned the only part that I remember from it was the-woman-giving-birth-to-a-full-grown-man-scene.  Been years since I've seen this one.

Surprisingly, it got a theatrical review back in 1983/1984.

Ebert's got a review for it where he saw it as part of a double bill with Tootsie(!).

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/19830531/REVIEWS/305310301/1023

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 07:05:06 AM »

i remember my dad, who i get my b-movie genes from, had a copy of this on beta when i was a kid.. and then they wondered why i took my so long to become a parent... Question

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
akiratubo

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 08:03:45 PM »

This is quite possibly the most misogynistic movie ever made.  Or at least that I've seen.

Aside from that, there was a decent movie hiding in there somewhere, but no one working on it knew how to bring it out.  I'd give Xtro a skull, perhaps one slime if I were charitable.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
wlr
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 03:09:13 PM »

Man, chewing through your own umbilical cord.  Wow, that's hardcore.
Adam K
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 07:24:09 AM »

Saw this on VHS, years ago.  Apart from the obvious, I remember being curiosly fascinated with D'Abo's fate, as well, and the old lady getting it from a doll was pretty weird.  

Philip Sayer, who played the lead, was a great up and coming character actor, but he died of cancer at only 42.  Berenice Steigers lived on the same street as me me in Tufnell Park in London, always seemed nice.  She crops up in "Four Weddings and a Funeral" as a snooty shop owner.

weedongding
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 01:53:39 PM »

Though I'm a long time visitor of this site, it is my first time ever posting here. I love this site, but I have a question:
WHY?! WHY WOULD ANYBODY IN THEIR RIGHT MIND GIVE THIS UTTER CRAPFEST ANYTHING OTHER THAN A SKULL?!
I just can't describe my seething loathe for the movie, so I'll just post 3 icons up, and you could just imagine 1 icon that fuses the 3 together. This is how much I dislike the movie:

Hatred hot Question
Torgo

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 11:11:11 PM »

How many sequels are they up to so far? 3?

I have unfortunately seen the 2nd one but the 3rd one is still on my must-not-see list.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
ceniun
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2008, 03:09:22 AM »

Am I the only one who noticed the letter X on the opening credits in Xtro Looks like the Xbox logo?
drunkenbubba
New Visitor

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 03:00:48 AM »

I have fond memories of this one, after seeing it on either Cinemax or Showtime in the mid 80's.

My mother and stepfather had finally come to grips with my love of Horror and SF, and actually were starting to enjoy some of the movies I was rabid for.

Until.....

They both stayed up one Saturday night and watched this one, and after that any ground I gained was lost in the first twenty or so minutes.

Still not at as bad as some, with some damned disturbing scenes.
Fred
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 03:16:43 PM »

I remember renting this back in 1983...scenes I remember were the "larva" trying to cross the road before being struck, the larva attaching it's (penis?) to that poor woman's mouth and then the audible pumping of it as she got filled with Sam, and of course, Sam's birth scene. I was lucky enuff to find this movie on DVD and now own it!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Xtro « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.